Notices

Class of January 2015 Part 3

Old 01-25-2015, 08:23 AM
  # 281 (permalink)  

Hanging in there with Day 23. Congrats to everyone who has made it this far! Good luck to those who are just now joining or re-joing!
Old 01-25-2015, 08:23 AM
  # 282 (permalink)  

Good morning!

I made it! Sunday morning sober!

I am blessed.

Just going to lace up my runners and do my thing.

Hope everyone is having a nice morning.

Jojo
Old 01-25-2015, 08:36 AM
  # 283 (permalink)  
*Ex Missus

Been a dirty stop out but a sober dirty stop out! Back now I'm on 24 days I think. Had a fab weekend. Need to catch up on this thread and other subbed threads and go whip Mah Jong Solitaires azz!
Old 01-25-2015, 09:25 AM
  # 284 (permalink)  

I tried the moderation...the controlled drinking LOL (me and controlled) and the marijuana relief to take the tension off of wanting a drink.....for me they didnt work...

I wish anyone who wants to try that route and it works for them a great success BUT. I also challenge them before they make that choice...

My sponsees who brought this to me in our first interview and yes I interview before I will accept the responsibility of being a sponsor for my safety and my families.

I said " If you choose that than I shall be here in 30 days when you make a decision on it BUT do this one thing for me....and that is take this challenge if your man enough to do it"

Drink 2 drinks everyday not anymore and not any less....no saving them up and using all on weekends or a party date...do this for 30 days and dont break the rules of no more or no less.....IF YOU CAN do this.....than MAYBE you dont have an issue and i will buy you your first beer."

We will talk about your decision in 30 days....you up for the challenge? To date in last 10 yrs I have had NOT ONE able to do this and win. I have heard every excuse under the sun by many who have tried it and any one of my sponsees would tell you I may be hard core and offend some but it works for them.....as it was given to me..

The best sponsor to help you through things is the one ass you dont like in the meeting as it is probably that is your mirror of yourself and in your heart you know it. Listen to the ones you dont like the most in meetings as they are more than likely the ones most like you and one of them probably has your story
Old 01-25-2015, 10:21 AM
  # 285 (permalink)  
Do your best

Well done to everyone reaching milestones today
Old 01-25-2015, 11:21 AM
  # 286 (permalink)  

Hi class,

Just checking in..Doing okay. getting things done before "the big storm" rolls in my area tomorrow. Perhaps I will have a day off from work? Always a welcome surprise!

TeeBee, good luck on your travels and keep in touch.

Welcome to anyone new.

Sober Sunday Hugs to all
Old 01-25-2015, 11:45 AM
  # 287 (permalink)  
saoutchik

Evening everyone, hope you all had or are having a nice weekend.

I,ve had a great one until now when the Cravings put in an unwelcome reappearance (last time I had them was 8 days ago). At least it's Sunday evening now but even so - crapitty crap

One good thing occurs to me tho - this time next week it will be February. Don't want to wish my life away but COME ON!
Old 01-25-2015, 12:18 PM
  # 288 (permalink)  

morning....

Hi to the class.....Day 24 starting here now.

Actually I'm glad to be able to have written that.

Yesterday was a hard day. Not so much physical cravings but just all the triggers at once....really wanted to flip a few tops over a long and sunny solitary afternoon....all the evening stretching out ahead....nowhere to be tomorrow.

A bit concerned that I had to white knuckle it....but hoping that its something you learn to do and that it'll get easier with time.

Just put it off, did something else....finally it was twenty to six and I knew I was over that hump....

All the best to you all.....just hang in there and focus on getting to the start of the next day. Have a good one......
Old 01-25-2015, 12:18 PM
  # 289 (permalink)  
The Little Alcoholic Monstress That Could

Great story/advice roo.

Congrats to each and everyone of all of our accomplishments so far this month!

Day 25 for me just getting started. I slept in something fierce. I do it every chance I get. Ill be doing a couple hours of cooking and cleaning before I get my son back tonight. Tomorrow im off to visit some family as I took the day off from work. Nice to know ill likely be hitting 30 days come Friday but I cannot coast on those good feelings. This is a daily battle and the av is a master of war.
Old 01-25-2015, 01:36 PM
  # 290 (permalink)  
Administrator

Hi and welcome redneckroo

Drink 2 drinks everyday not anymore and not any less....no saving them up and using all on weekends or a party date...do this for 30 days and dont break the rules of no more or no less.....IF YOU CAN do this.....than MAYBE you dont have an issue and i will buy you your first beer."
Personally I think anyone who comes to SR has tried all the controlled drinking they need, but I know why AA suggests this

The problem with that, for me, is I could have done that for most of my drinking career.
That doesn't mean I wasn't an alcoholic - it just meant my alcoholism was, at least in the beginning, a periodic manifestation

Not meaning to pick a fight or make you feel unwelcome at all - just thought it was important to say.

D

Last edited by Dee74; 01-25-2015 at 05:21 PM.
Old 01-25-2015, 02:05 PM
  # 291 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Teebee View Post
Thanks for checking in Casey. Hang in there Ting

Hi all. Sunday morning and feeling pretty good. Got to get some things done before I get picked up for my flight to the UK. I'm making a plan now. Figuring out what I'll do when I get to the airport. How to not even be tempted by the wine before boarding craving. What to do Tuesday night when I take out the UK staff to dinner. Need to download a good book. Reading drinking a love affair now but almost done. Suggestions please. Self help, fiction, non fiction. I'm not picky.
Have you read The Goldfinch by Donna Tartt, Teebee? Possibly the best book I have ever read. Tartt won the 2014 Pulitzer Prize for that book. Really excellent!
Old 01-25-2015, 02:07 PM
  # 292 (permalink)  

Day 25 and feeling great.

Had friends over last night and played cards. No one drank, smoked, nothing. It was just sober fun and was wonderful.

This morning, did some volunteer work for three hours and now I am enjoying the day with my husband.

None of this was possible when I was drinking, I cared only about the next drink.

Thanks, SR friends.
Old 01-25-2015, 05:22 PM
  # 293 (permalink)  

Ok. Just had to post this. I'm at the airport and having some AV because I usually had 2-3 glasses of wine before boarding and having a little pity party for myself and I see a bank of those fancy message chairs. I spend $10 for 30 min and I felt sooooo gooodddd really. What a nice treat. 30 min for the cost of 1 glass and I feel good now and no av. Is a bit weird when people walk by but WTH it feels good. I got to get me one of these at home.
Old 01-25-2015, 05:25 PM
  # 294 (permalink)  

Ok. Just had to post this. I'm at the airport and having some AV because I usually had 2-3 glasses of wine before boarding and having a little pity party for myself and I see a bank of those fancy message chairs. I spend $10 for 30 min and I felt sooooo gooodddd really. What a nice treat. 30 min for the cost of 1 glass and I feel good now and no av. Is a bit weird when people walk by but WTH it feels good. I got to get me one of these at home.
Way to go Teebee!!

That's awesome and I bet it felt really good!

Jojo
Old 01-25-2015, 05:29 PM
  # 295 (permalink)  

Thats awesome TeeBeee

Great choice..nothing beats a massage!!

travel safely
Old 01-25-2015, 05:30 PM
  # 296 (permalink)  

Day 28 for me. I got out and did a three mile walk, despite feeling crappy and down. Then I had a meal and came home and finished up the second half of a novel I was enjoying.

I was having a sugar craving, so I hit a 7-11 for an apple fritter. I decided to drive by a buddy's house I used to work with. He was puttering in his garage, and he had an ice chest full of beer. He offered me one and I politely refused. We talked about our jobs for a half hour or so, and then I came back home.

I still feel foggy and overcast, but I did all right today.
Old 01-25-2015, 10:46 PM
  # 297 (permalink)  
Do your best

Good Morning Januarians
Old 01-25-2015, 11:33 PM
  # 298 (permalink)  

Day 18

Hi All

I'm back from camping/fishing trip today, Day 18.

I'm going to have a rant here, a rant because it's only my opinion and things I thought about while away;

<RANT>Nobody but nobody is responsible for my over drinking except me. I hate labels like 'alcoholic', I'm a person that taught myself over the years to drink when I'm bored, when I'm happy and when I'm sad, now I have to unlearn this. Like all habits it's not going to be easy. I don't need to tell anyone that I've lost control of my drinking nor explain to anybody why I have stopped drinking. I'm in no position to tell anyone that they are out of control. I shouldn't avoid my friends when they are drinking because I don't have to drink<END OF RANT>.

Now that that's off my chest.

I found it pretty easy considering everyone around me was drinking and sometimes pretty hard. I got a little peeved playing board games with people that were incoherent but hey! I was one of them once. These are people that only drink once in a while and are my best friends. I didn't say anything like I've given up for good. As I know how easy it is to slip back.

Thanks to those who showed concern that I was putting myself in a risky situation.

Couldn't have got this far without Class of 2015. Thanks all!

Read all the posts I missed out on when I got home.

Congratulations to those with milestones.

Cheers
Old 01-26-2015, 06:47 AM
  # 299 (permalink)  

Hello SR friends 'round the globe.

Day 26! Another weekend over - one with no regrets, no heartache, and no humiliation.

I've been thinking about my alcoholic behavior, and how I fully embraced the lunacy on which my AV thrived. Even when I was not in a drunken or hungover state, I was becoming someone who was crazy and paranoid about so many things. Plus I was irritable so much of the time. I was really losing it.

The craziness is starting to subside now and I just keep feeling this big sigh of relief.

Life is getting better every minute.

Whew! Thanks.
Old 01-26-2015, 06:58 AM
  # 300 (permalink)  

...I'm at the airport...and I see a bank of those fancy message chairs. I spend $10 for 30 min and I felt sooooo gooodddd really. What a nice treat. 30 min for the cost of 1 glass and I feel good now and no av. Is a bit weird when people walk by but WTH it feels good. I got to get me one of these at home.
Originally Posted by livinginhope View Post
Day 28 for me. I got out and did a three mile walk, despite feeling crappy and down. Then I had a meal and came home and finished up the second half of a novel I was enjoying.
This is so awesome, Teebee and livinginhope. What a way to confirm that there are better things to do than to drink! And then feel good afterwards!