Notices

Class of January 2015 Part 3

Old 01-20-2015, 04:53 AM
  # 81 (permalink)  

Good Morning all - tomorrow will be 3 weeks for me and its also my youngest birthday. She'll be 7 and I'll be "all there for it" She's a great kid - all of them are and they deserve a happy, sober Mom - so do I - I deserve to be sober and happy for me.

Anyway - off to find a My Little Pony lunch box (which she informs me today she really wants for her birthday).
Old 01-20-2015, 05:04 AM
  # 82 (permalink)  

Enjoy your celebrations Teebee.
What a wonderful present you have given your daughter with your sobriety. You should feel very proud.

--------------------------------------------------- "Isn't it nice to think that tomorrow is a day without any new mistakes in it yet?" Anne of Green Gables.-
Old 01-20-2015, 05:09 AM
  # 83 (permalink)  

Well, I blew it on Sunday afternoon (didn't have to work on Monday). Got loaded up.

I thought about my reason for drinking and determined that I find it easier to reminisce about "the good old days" when I'm lit up. I can almost imagine it's 1977 again; a year that I still held a lot of optimism and energy. Yeah, I know how stupid that is and how we aren't supposed to live in the past and all that. I've got to find something in the present to bring me around.
Old 01-20-2015, 05:39 AM
  # 84 (permalink)  
*Ex Missus

Well at least you're back here JD This journey isn't smooth but I feel that everytime we stumble we get up that bit quicker and are on the look out for the stumbling blocks with that little bit keener eye.

Originally Posted by Dee74 View Post
I'm not up on the logistics but you can definitely set up your own meeting in chat guys
It'd be fab if us newbies could arrange a meet up in the chat room at some point. I know I often have a lot to say but don't like clogging up the thread with my ramblings lol. I'm not good on organisation though and I know we are all in different time zones but it's something to think about if others would find it useful too.
Old 01-20-2015, 05:47 AM
  # 85 (permalink)  
Do your best

TeeBee - Well done for 3 weeks tomorrow

JD - Did you look for more Volenteer work i think this will help
Old 01-20-2015, 06:33 AM
  # 86 (permalink)  
Re-Member

Day Twenty

Starting day twenty now.

Best part of yesterday was my accidental discovery that the biggest used (and usually overpriced) bookstore in town was having a sale with all hardbacks for $1. I had just stopped in there to kill a few minutes before the place I wanted to eat at lunch at was due to open but ended up spending $72. Most of the books were just for me to read but I did find ten or twelve to sell on eBay. Had to call my dad to ask for a ride since I was on my bicycle. Had a nice dinner with my dad and step-mom and nephew in the evening. Once again, no thoughts of drinking.

I didn't end up going to an AA meeting like I'd planned, but I'm not beating myself up over it. The important thing is I didn't drink yesterday.

Work today. No real plans for tonight as of right now.

Congrats to everyone who made it thru the weekend sober, and welcome to any newcomers or folks who are starting back with us after a relapse. You all helped keep me sober this weekend by posting here!
Old 01-20-2015, 06:48 AM
  # 87 (permalink)  
Do your best

Way to go Casey awesome news on day 20

Good stuff about the books have a great afternoon my friend
Old 01-20-2015, 07:22 AM
  # 88 (permalink)  

Day 20 here and I am irritable as heck!

Just the ever so slightest of cravings though. AVRT is what is working for me and I never would have found out about it if not for SR.

I realize AVRT is not for everyone, but I have been on this roller coaster for many years and, for the first time, I do not feel so vulnerable.

Bye for now.
Old 01-20-2015, 07:32 AM
  # 89 (permalink)  
Do your best

Way to go this is awesome !!

Fantastic job TryTryAgain

http://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/...e-surfing.html
Old 01-20-2015, 07:56 AM
  # 90 (permalink)  

Thank you soberwolf. :-)
Old 01-20-2015, 08:18 AM
  # 91 (permalink)  

Great Job!! I agree with Ting. What a wonderful gift!!
Old 01-20-2015, 08:21 AM
  # 92 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by JD4010 View Post
Well, I blew it on Sunday afternoon (didn't have to work on Monday). Got loaded up.

I thought about my reason for drinking and determined that I find it easier to reminisce about "the good old days" when I'm lit up. I can almost imagine it's 1977 again; a year that I still held a lot of optimism and energy. Yeah, I know how stupid that is and how we aren't supposed to live in the past and all that. I've got to find something in the present to bring me around.
Sorry for the stumble ( We're here for you!! Don't give up because you're worth it!!
Old 01-20-2015, 08:27 AM
  # 93 (permalink)  

Day 15.

God works in mysterious ways…. My husband is away on business so a month ago this was the perfect opportunity to drink. But I'm a non-drinker now and last night my 15yr old came to me crying in pain, she has a sever muscle spasm in her neck and 6 hrs later in the emergency room at 2am I thanked God for the strength to stay sober. Had I not been I wouldn't have taken her because I would never drink and drive. She's resting comfortably and I'm feeling proud and so very blessed!! For everyone who is struggling remember that God has a bigger plan for us but we can't see it through wine colored glasses!!

Welcome to all the new classmates and congrats to everyone staying on the path!
Old 01-20-2015, 08:37 AM
  # 94 (permalink)  

Lifeanew - I'm so happy you could be there for her. I really mean that - I have 4 and know that when they get hurt after I've been drinking that I don't take care of them the way I should. Great that you could be there for her and for yourself. :hugs: Hope she's feeling better
Old 01-20-2015, 09:14 AM
  # 95 (permalink)  
Do your best

Awesome job on day 15 Lifeanew

Big congrats on 3 weeks tomorrow TeeBee and happy birthday for your youngest

You guys are seriously awesome
Old 01-20-2015, 10:07 AM
  # 96 (permalink)  

Day 9

Day 9, Road trip behind me, more and more stable on the
highway now that alcohol is just a memory in my body . . .

Best to everyone on their journey!

K
Old 01-20-2015, 10:14 AM
  # 97 (permalink)  
I will NOT drink to that!

Sorry that I haven't checked in as much. I normally am not on the computer when I am at home. I am mainly on a computer at work.

I am still going strong without alcohol. I am feeling better & better each day. I have noticed cycles of insomnia, but I can get through those.

I booked an appointment with a counselor with my employer's EAP program. I am finding that I am really resenting my husband these days because I can barely stand him these days due to his drinking. He has become the grumpiest drunk ever & I need some help dealing with that.

All in all, I am good. 2015 is a new year for me & I want to deal with all my $hit this year. My alcohol problem was simply a symptom....
Old 01-20-2015, 10:15 AM
  # 98 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by JackDsMissus View Post
In. I very nearly messed up big time about 90 minutes ago. Was feeling low about my laziness still and had done made up my mind I was going to get a drink. I had my coat on and everything. But I had such anxiety in my chest, I thought right I'll practise my mindfulness for a minute. If I still want to go I will but just to feel better before I go. Then I did a spot of focusing on the hot feeling in my chest and doing EFT (tapping on acupuncture spots on face and chest). When I'd calmed down. I realised I didn't want to give up my 16 days or set myself back and it wasn't going to help my laziness not one bit. OMG ty lord lol. I still went to the shop but brought a Cream Cake and had it with a pint of milk instead. F my diet today. I still feel like **** but at least I'm sober.

Rambling again. Do hope you get used to me soon
Awesome! That is truly inspirational!!
Old 01-20-2015, 10:34 AM
  # 99 (permalink)  
Do your best

Awesome job on day 9 Blondsober
Old 01-20-2015, 01:23 PM
  # 100 (permalink)  

Checking in with my classmates..welcome to anyone new.

Off to another basketball game for my son. I will check in again.

TeeBee and lifeanew..so happy you both felt the rewards of being a sober mom. That is such a motivation to keep going..no guilt and no regrets!! I get it

Enjoy the evening all