Notices

Class of January 2015 Part 3

Old 01-24-2015, 05:13 PM
  # 261 (permalink)  
saoutchik

Hi Soliloquy - nice to have you here. Sorry about yor mom
Old 01-24-2015, 05:17 PM
  # 262 (permalink)  

Hope everyone is having a good weekend. Day 24 here.cant believe I could ever get this far. It's obvious if you want to change you can... The mind is a powerful thing��
Old 01-24-2015, 05:17 PM
  # 263 (permalink)  
Administrator

Welcome Solil

D
Old 01-24-2015, 05:19 PM
  # 264 (permalink)  

Date night. Babysitter. Go to watch the sunset at a little beach bar then dinner then a movie. I knew before we left the house that I wanted to drink. I didn't try to stop these thoughts, I didn't care about my sobriety. On the way I started up a conversation with H about it. How we could have a couple of beers for sunset. How we have both been good not drinking and we wouldn't be drinking because something bad has happened; more of a celebration. We talked about how we would like to drink, you know, only socially. Never on a school night, blah blah blah and how people who are not alcoholics don't have to think this way or have these kind of conversations. We had 2 beers with sunset, 1 with dinner, 1 while we waited to go into the cinema. By the time we got out of the movie I had a slight headache. To be honest it was pretty fun and relaxing despite the headache. I suppose there is always a price to pay in some form. I'm now all confused about how I feel. Half of me is disappointed that I didn't make my 100 days I had set out to do and the other half says it's no big deal it doesn't mean that you are back to drinking everyday. The battle between me and the AV!
I spose I'm back to day 1.

--------------------------------------------------- "Isn't it nice to think that tomorrow is a day without any new mistakes in it yet?" Anne of Green Gables.-
Old 01-24-2015, 05:26 PM
  # 265 (permalink)  

Hi needtobe Soli and fixy. Hope we get a few more people before the month ends. I hope more people try to stop - hope the class gets so big we need a notebook to keep everyone straight.
Old 01-24-2015, 05:43 PM
  # 266 (permalink)  

Just saw your post Ting. Please try to go at least 100 days. I tried to go back and moderately drink. Only on weekends etc. 3 years later I was drinking everyday and had added vodka to my routine. Please, please, please listen to people here. You came here for a reason. You know you have a problem. Read Drinking: a love story. Please think about this.
Old 01-24-2015, 05:47 PM
  # 267 (permalink)  
Administrator

the first couple of drinks back are not usually instant calamity - if they were it would be a lot easier to never drink again.

It's like the fly who lands on the pitcher plant - it has to crawl further and further in to get the sweet nectar.... and eventually it finds itself trapped.

Go back and read your earliest posts Ting. Thats what you're at risk of experiencing again - if not worse - sooner or later.

D
Old 01-24-2015, 05:50 PM
  # 268 (permalink)  

Hi Ting!

Stay with us!

I can't drink one beer. I can't drink 6. I have to drink until I pass out.

I'm having my own thoughts right now. I'm craving alcohol. I know it will pass. I'm at work so I can't act on it anyways. But oh I'd love to go and drink a load of beer and just enjoy that warm feeling. Bah! Bug sh*t! I know I can't because then one night leads to two, then weeks and months will go by and I'll just be over weight and miserable.

So I'm just going to eat some jello and feel sorry for myself for a little while then get off my butt and do something here at work.

Jojo
Old 01-24-2015, 06:26 PM
  # 269 (permalink)  

Hi Ting,

My last 2 "slip ups" came after first going about 2 1/2 months without drinking and then again after going a little over 4 months. Neither of them happened because of something bad - just the opposite. I thought I had been "good" and deserved a little treat. Both times I was able to keep things under control for a short while, but then it was back to the same old bad drinking behavior. We are succeptible to this, no doubt.

Only you can know what your situation is, but my guess is if you are here then social drinking is not an option.

Good luck and keep us posted!

MITA
Old 01-24-2015, 07:25 PM
  # 270 (permalink)  
The Little Alcoholic Monstress That Could

Lol@jojo you tickled me with that post!

Ting you're going to do what you're going to do but look at my join date. Ive been battling moderation for almost 6 years, since I was 22. Im now 28 years old and I know darn well those no moderation in the cards for me long term. I dont want to battle moderation for another 6 years. Id rather find my strength in sobriety just one little day at a time.
Old 01-24-2015, 07:26 PM
  # 271 (permalink)  

Just like MITA when I went back I only had one the first day. Then none for a few days. Then two and then I don't remember. It just got to the point where I was drinking more then I was before I quit the last time and drinking harder stuff. Hang on Ting - just stop
Old 01-24-2015, 07:32 PM
  # 272 (permalink)  

I have decided that it takes 24/7 to keep the AV
" devil" off my shoulders....sometimes I visual him jumping on the back of my neck and riding it like a wild bull with its lasso in the air !!!!!

I know I should not give the AV the courtesy of making jokes about him , but to remind him all the pain he has caused me and loved ones around me ...

I don't know about yall but if I give my AV an inch , he will take a mile !!!!!!!! But he is sneaky and waits just the right moment to take that MILE .... And when he does ....... Boy he blows it wide open!!!

TING .... Go back and read your post .... We are all here because we wanna change ,

Hugs to you all !!
Old 01-24-2015, 08:03 PM
  # 273 (permalink)  

Thanks all
I wouldn't of posted here this morning if I didn't want to hear all your good advice, I could have just disappeared.
To be really honest I'm battling between sober and trying to moderate as I have never really given it ago, not without more than 3 days behind me anyway.
When I was 16 my mother was trying to give me some advice about boys. I remember saying, "thanks but I need to work it out for myself." I came back to her later and said, "yep you were right and now I know because I lived it for myself." Im still like that and understand advice but seek out to see for myself. I'm a stubborn type creature.
I spose that's where I am right now with the drinking thing. This part of me that wonders if I could drink the way I want to. The other part goes just give up now and save yourself disappointment amongst other negative things.
Grrr
This sober stuff is hard!
Thanks for being there guys you are helping me be more accountable.

--------------------------------------------------- "Isn't it nice to think that tomorrow is a day without any new mistakes in it yet?" Anne of Green Gables.-
Old 01-24-2015, 08:06 PM
  # 274 (permalink)  
Administrator

I spent 20 years on that tink. Don't waste too much more time.

D
Old 01-24-2015, 08:06 PM
  # 275 (permalink)  
Administrator

I spent 20 years on that tink. Don't waste too much more time.

D
Old 01-24-2015, 09:20 PM
  # 276 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Dee74 View Post
I spent 20 years on that tink. Don't waste too much more time. D
Wow 20 years. Thanks Dee. I hear you. --------------------------------------------------- "Isn't it nice to think that tomorrow is a day without any new mistakes in it yet?" Anne of Green Gables.-
Old 01-24-2015, 09:23 PM
  # 277 (permalink)  
Administrator

I meant 'ting' - fingers a little tired today.

It was 29 years if you include weed...

D
Old 01-24-2015, 10:08 PM
  # 278 (permalink)  
Re-Member

Day Twenty-Five

Have to wake up early again tomorrow so since it's after midnight I'm doing my day twenty-five post right now.

Today was a good day. Work was very smooth. Went and hung out with the family for a little while after work then came back to my house and just spent the evening lazing around reading and watching television. No cravings today. I was in a hurry when I wrote in here this morning but I did have a few thoughts of drinking on Friday--my stupid alcoholism trying to tell me that things weren't so bad when I was drinking the last year or so and I could go ahead and have a couple of glasses of wine and it wouldn't be any big deal. I recognized these thoughts for what they were--total BS--and they didn't take long to go away.

Anyways, I'm grateful to be sober one more day. Congrats to all who've had a sober weekend and welcome to all the newcomers and to those who aren't new but establishing a new sobriety date. I may not post a lot in here but I do check in and read here probably ten to fifteen times a day so you all have helped keep me sober. Thank you!
Old 01-25-2015, 06:05 AM
  # 279 (permalink)  

Thanks for checking in Casey. Hang in there Ting

Hi all. Sunday morning and feeling pretty good. Got to get some things done before I get picked up for my flight to the UK. I'm making a plan now. Figuring out what I'll do when I get to the airport. How to not even be tempted by the wine before boarding craving. What to do Tuesday night when I take out the UK staff to dinner. Need to download a good book. Reading drinking a love affair now but almost done. Suggestions please. Self help, fiction, non fiction. I'm not picky.
Old 01-25-2015, 08:13 AM
  # 280 (permalink)  
Resolutely Staying Sober ODAAT

Originally Posted by Teebee View Post
Thanks for checking in Casey. Hang in there Ting

Hi all. Sunday morning and feeling pretty good. Got to get some things done before I get picked up for my flight to the UK. I'm making a plan now. Figuring out what I'll do when I get to the airport. How to not even be tempted by the wine before boarding craving. What to do Tuesday night when I take out the UK staff to dinner. Need to download a good book. Reading drinking a love affair now but almost done. Suggestions please. Self help, fiction, non fiction. I'm not picky.
I have always been a fan of the Divine Comedy by Dante Alighieri, pretty heavy reading, but an amazing spiritual journey. Either that or Fountainhead by Ayn Rand.

Day 18 here for Nuke, still in the garage enjoying sobriety!