Notices

Class of December 2014 Part 4

Old 01-09-2015, 05:21 PM
  # 481 (permalink)  

Hey guys - I made it home without drinking. Friday is my hardest day. Feel agitated/annoyed/stressed but I will manage through it. Trying hard to relax and take it easy.
Old 01-09-2015, 05:29 PM
  # 482 (permalink)  
...holds the key

Hi again! You're doing awesome!! Did you see the link Dax gave for the show he's on tonight? Glad you made it home and so glad you're not drinking today!
Old 01-09-2015, 05:32 PM
  # 483 (permalink)  
Ya**!

Tuned in!
Old 01-09-2015, 05:36 PM
  # 484 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by brynn View Post
Hi again! You're doing awesome!! Did you see the link Dax gave for the show he's on tonight? Glad you made it home and so glad you're not drinking today!
Thanks brynn - I am just checking up on old posts - will check it out

Also, welcome sleepie!
Old 01-09-2015, 05:59 PM
  # 485 (permalink)  

Thanks for checking in ANewDay....hope you can relax!
Old 01-09-2015, 06:06 PM
  # 486 (permalink)  

Welcome sleepie, glad to have you with us!

Good job getting through the night NYC. When I feel uncomfortable like that in the evenings, sometimes the best thing I can do is just go to bed. Call it a day, be proud of yourself and wake up to a new sober day and a calmer feeling.

Dax, it's so brave of you to share your experience with us and with your group. I think your experience at your group just shows how we can build up situations in our own minds... Sometimes in to something more than it is, and sometimes into something totally inaccurate. What a great feeling that must have been for you

Brynn, you are so sweet. I would love to go to counseling, believe me. I just can't do it now, sliding scale or not. Dare I say it, I do feel slightly better today. Tonight I will listen to another mediation thing and just try to keep myself grounded. The absolute worst thing I could do right now is drink. I know this. The idea of using this difficult time to help me grow and become a stronger, better me is comforting.
Old 01-09-2015, 06:14 PM
  # 487 (permalink)  

forabetterlife, do you have any good meditation recommendations? I am looking for some new ones.
Old 01-09-2015, 06:27 PM
  # 488 (permalink)  
Giving up is NOT an option.

Welcome, Sleepie! It's a great group here with lots of support. I just joined a few days ago but it's already helping so much to come check in here and see the support everyone gives each other.

Dax - it's great that you shared your experience and your life with us. I find inspiration in your willingness to tell us your story. And it's wonderful that you are being accepted for who you are in your AA group. Tolerance is a huge part of AA and I would have been pissed if you had said you were being dissed in any way in a setting that is supposed to be accepting and welcoming of everyone.

Glad to see everyone is hanging in there! I'm doing great - feeling stronger every day!
Old 01-09-2015, 06:44 PM
  # 489 (permalink)  
Live easy but think first

Thanks for all the support guys. You are amazing!
Old 01-09-2015, 06:45 PM
  # 490 (permalink)  
Ya**!

Dax, you did great! Have you done that before? Sounded natural on the mic. I was like Damn, listen to that audible chocolate.

Great set list too!
Old 01-09-2015, 06:51 PM
  # 491 (permalink)  
...holds the key

Hey Dax! I only caught the tail end of your set tonight...sorry, I looked at the time wrong!!

Anewday, I've been trying to practice mindfulness the past few days. It really helps me stay in the moment and keeps my mind from going to all the what ifs. Don't know if that's helpful or not.
Old 01-09-2015, 06:59 PM
  # 492 (permalink)  
...holds the key

Y'all, I have yet another question.

Do y'all ever regret posting things here? I'm asking because I read through some of my old threads and I was all gung ho about leaving my boyfriend and now I'm not as thrilled about leaving him....I guess I feel like once you post something and you change your mind (or even just question it) then people will think you're not serious about anything. Does that make sense? I don't want to be known as the girl that changes her mind all the time.
Old 01-09-2015, 07:02 PM
  # 493 (permalink)  
Don't Blink

ok guys.. my husband had an affair on me few years ago and it has been a very rocky road since I found out. Tonight I snooped through his computer because I'm addicted to pain I guess. I found out that he joined a dating site about a year and a half ago. ( which he never actually used to message anyone. or even upload a photo)
All of this happened BEFORE we were married but were living together and had our son.
Things have been HARD. Very hard at times.
I also saw that in November when I left town to see a friend that he had been looking at their old messages.
I don't know what that means.
He says he's happy now and that he's mine forever.
I did some things I'm not proud of either. I had an online affair at the same time and talked to different men too so its not like I'm a little perfect victim here.
But I have acted like one.
This pain is almost unbearable at times and I believe that a lot of my drinking has been because I've been trying to shove this thing down but it always comes back up because I will not let it die.
I want so badly to let this thing die. I love this man with all my heart and I know he loves me too. I really cannot blame it all on him because I know I made life hell at times. I have so much growing up to do.
But betrayal hurts big time. And he LOVED her. God it hurts.
But tonight I know that drinking will not fix this anymore than it has over the last few years. So tonight I'm staying sober and praying to god to take this away from me.
Old 01-09-2015, 07:05 PM
  # 494 (permalink)  
Administrator

Welcome sleepie

Sorry I missed it Dax - I'm strictly part time here under I get this pain under control.

Brynn if you laid out my posts you'd find a twisty windy journey - I think that's the same for most of us - especially in the first 90 days

have you and your husband thought about couples counselling erin? sounds like there's a lot of unresolved stuff there?

D
Old 01-09-2015, 07:18 PM
  # 495 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by brynn View Post
Hey guys!

Cast...I definitely think you should check it out! Even if you don't necessarily agree with all the AA doctrine, it can still be an awesome source of support!
And I didn't know you were in the military! You'll be in our thoughts and prayers while your away. Will you still be able to check in occasionally?
BrynnThat's what i'm thinking. Should be able to check in. Might be a couple weeks here and there but my intention is to aim for once a day.

Packing and heading out tomorrow. 2 day drive ahead of me. Will be rocking out on the highway to some funky tunes

Night all.
Old 01-09-2015, 07:18 PM
  # 496 (permalink)  
Don't Blink

Dax thank you for sharing that with us. I'm so glad that you got the right list. I'm sorry I missed your show.
Old 01-09-2015, 07:28 PM
  # 497 (permalink)  
Don't Blink

Also.. I'm sorry that sounded so dramatic. I get really emotional about all of it sometimes. Its been a rough night. I guess that's what I get when I go looking for trouble.
Old 01-09-2015, 07:34 PM
  # 498 (permalink)  
Administrator

I didn't find it dramatic erin

it is time for a new thread though - please join us here:

http://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/...-part-5-a.html

D