Administrator

Class of December 2014 Part 4

last part here
http://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/...rt-3-a-20.html

D
Old 01-02-2015, 10:21 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Ya**!

There it is! You were freaking me out Dee! Thought i finally fell off the rocker.

OmoRose, you have a crazy dramatic monologue thing going when you post. I like it.

Brynner, I'm sorry you're hurting. I'm proud of you for doing the right thing, even though it's hard... It's really an amazing show of inner strength.

I'm proud of all my classmates. There are a million hurdles and reasons we could use to give up, yet we are all still here. You guys rock.

Night December!

Last edited by Tonks; 01-02-2015 at 10:28 PM. Reason: Shh... You didn't see anything...
Old 01-02-2015, 10:31 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Administrator

Sorry Tonks LOL

D
Old 01-02-2015, 10:45 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Tired

Tonks. I do monologue indeed.

But I do consider you all while doing so.

A nice combined;
Inward, outward.
Sublime.

*tickles*
Old 01-02-2015, 10:54 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Omo, great style.
Old 01-02-2015, 11:46 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Tired

Let's swim together! Hand in hand!

We'll reach and beach in the sober sand.

Sorry, heh. I can't help it sometimes. But seriously, I hope everyone is keeping up their head.
We can, we can do this.
Old 01-03-2015, 04:25 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Aww... Brynn, my heart goes out to you. You are Doing a very brave thing, and something that you know is right for you rather than holding on to what is familiar. But it is a sad thing to end a relationship and be in limbo but you are doing it and that takes such courage. So very proud of you... Hugs...

Omo.. You do have a way with words.. Beautiful! Being busy is a good thing in early sobriety.but don't forget to take care of YOU when you can so you stay strong when you aren't so busy.

Forced myself to wake up at 645 since I go back to work on Monday and need to get back to my early to bed/early to rise schedule. An awful dream also jolted me awake, one that I feel will stick with me all day,,, yuck! Trying to shake it.
I absolutely love sleep these days, it's is a welcome (and healthy) escape from the things in my life that have me worried and stressed.

Going to breakfast to say goodbye to my cousins (more eating!). I feel good today, despite the disturbing dream. It really does get better with each day.
Old 01-03-2015, 05:29 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Good Morning Classmates.
Day 29 for the triplets.
A bit of snow here this morning.

Forabetterlife - sorry about the dream jolting you awake - I hope you can shake it off. I have been eating too much too - I think it's all part of the body healing.
Old 01-03-2015, 05:32 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

3 weeks today!! Longer than after any of my medical detoxes! Mostly due to all you wonderful people.

Tonks hope you are on the mend. Brynn the end of any relationship is hard and takes time to absorb even if it is the best for us.

FABL I am with you I could sleep all day!!! I think I am making up for all the years of waking up at 3am in panic mode.

Last edited by Della1968; 01-03-2015 at 05:33 AM. Reason: typo
Old 01-03-2015, 05:48 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  
Don't Blink

<3 you my December siblings. I know I don't offer much support to you guys but I read what you write. Thank you for being here! Today seems to be a better day than I've had in awhile.
Old 01-03-2015, 05:57 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Good Luck on the interview Monday !!! Also I read about someone's choice w parttime?? I had to turn down a few because of not enough hrs- either choice is a better one sober, no matter what you decide. I interviewed drunk once. Got the job actually. Just danger ridiculous. Obviously it didn't last.
Brynn, you're making the right choice, and I agree, brave and better for it. I'm 43 and had plenty of "buddies" who were guys like your fella sound like he might be. Not the devil, but not what's good for you anymore. I personally got into plenty of, um, tussles, in my young days, but i do know some that never get past the tough guy stage. I've got the 6, 2 , yr olds at home, so I'm a whole new tough guy now..... IBUPROFEN man !
2015 a new yr, y'all -- do it different, it'll be different ! I'm trusting a higher power on this one !!
Old 01-03-2015, 05:58 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  

Very sorry I miss names ! I'm the worst !
Old 01-03-2015, 06:21 AM
  # 13 (permalink)  

I hear you I am going to have to start taking notes on what I want to say to everyone because by the time I read it all and post I have forgotten most of my thoughts!
Old 01-03-2015, 06:38 AM
  # 14 (permalink)  

JL- I miss names too. It's hard to remember everything!

Della- congrats on 3 weeks!!!

Sober triplets- congrats on 29 days!!!

FABL- I am glad your still in the December class! I hope you can shake off that dream and have a good day. Don't worry about those meals. Once everything calms down from the holidays you can get back on track.
Brynn- I am proud of you for your decision. That had to be a tough call to make. I think your doing the best thing. you have came to far to risk your sobriety!

As for me I am on day 30!! whooooot whoooooootttttt
Old 01-03-2015, 06:55 AM
  # 15 (permalink)  

Old 01-03-2015, 07:47 AM
  # 16 (permalink)  
...holds the key

Good morning y'all!

Yep! 29 days for us!! Yay!!

Congrats to everyone celebrating sobriety today!

Midwest 30 days! Well done!!
Della three weeks! Awesome!!

JL...it's always good to see you here! Your little ones are blessed to have a dad who's sober and present in their lives. Tough guy indeed!!

And Erin...I hope it's the first of many good days for you!

And tonks....hope you're feeling better today! And as always...thanks for everything.

Thanks y'all for the encouragement and support regarding the boyfriend stuff.
I think I need a break from relationships for while and I need to learn how to be alone. This will be a first! Kind of a weird feeling actually, but it's a good thing.

Have a lovely Saturday everyone!!
Old 01-03-2015, 08:00 AM
  # 17 (permalink)  
Live easy but think first

Originally Posted by Midwest1981 View Post
As for me I am on day 30!! whooooot whoooooootttttt
YAY!!!!!!!! Happy 30 days!
We can continue on, one day at a time! Awesome!
Old 01-03-2015, 08:17 AM
  # 18 (permalink)  

Guys I need to be selfish right now. I'm sorry. I really need your support. On top Of everything else in my life right now, the man that I've been "waiting" for, who was ending a relationship (we've bed on an off for 10 years, it's a long, long story) .. Well I just found out he's taking "her" to Vegas on a work trip. So clearly he isn't ending it. My heart is shattered over than man for the 100th time. I am 44 years old, I know I should know better, I should handle things better, I should be more emotionally stable. But this news on top of my fathers cancer, job stress, financial stress, worries about my kids.. I feel I'm gonna break.

And I want to drink. Badly. I want to push down the pain. It all hurts more than I can handle. I have friends, but no one I can turn to right now.

I'm sorry if I sound pathetic,, I just can't believe all of this is happening to me all at once. Do I deserve this somehow? I'm lost. Drinking will only make it all worse, I know this, yet it is my first go-to for relief.

I don't know how to make myself feel better, or even how to function right now.
Old 01-03-2015, 08:29 AM
  # 19 (permalink)  
Hillbilly Girl

Good Morning All - Just caught up on a couple days of posts here....great going to everyone hitting milestones or just another sober day!

Midwest - I am in day 30 today also. Glad to wake early this morning feeling good & have the day at home. Son gave me some great organic coffee beans for Christmas & may have spoiled me....great cup of black coffee.

FABL - One thing that I've learned over this last year is how much pressure I put on myself to "do it all"......I'm learning to give myself a break if I don't complete everything on my "list" & for once in my life, taking time to just relax, knowing that the list will never be complete.....to do what I can & leave the rest for tomorrow or another day.

Hope you all have a good sober Saturday!
Old 01-03-2015, 08:32 AM
  # 20 (permalink)  
Hillbilly Girl

FABL - I'm sorry you are hurting......I'm here to support you - pls remember that drinking will only make things worse. Feel free to PM me if you want to talk. Thinking of you & sending a big ((hug))