# 401 (permalink)  
Administrator

You'll only know what it's like by checking it out castdown

D
Old 01-08-2015, 05:50 PM
  # 402 (permalink)  
...holds the key

Hey guys!

Cast...I definitely think you should check it out! Even if you don't necessarily agree with all the AA doctrine, it can still be an awesome source of support!
And I didn't know you were in the military! You'll be in our thoughts and prayers while your away. Will you still be able to check in occasionally?

Ok, so I asked the question about AA cause I thought maybe I was the only non-AA person. Thanks for the replies y'all! Oh, Midwest...NA is Narcotics Anonymous btw. ( you probably already figured that out by now tho)

Dax...I love that 'yet' thing! It's so dangerous to start the comparing game! I've been guilty of that too! The problem is...the standard keeps getting lower and lower!

Hey newday!! Stay close to us this weekend! I love your attitude! And it is so nice to start fresh...I totally agree!

Tonks...yep...here we are brother! When I had my brief run-in a few years ago with AA I was in major denial myself....who knew !! Hope your coughs better so you can get a proper workout in tomorrow!! any news about your mom? She's in my prayers and so are you, my friend.

Mld...I'm so glad you've got such a vibrant group to be part of! I've been thinking about you today, and about what you were talking about earlier....the trust stuff. I never want to go back to being that deceitful, sneaky, and manipulative person again. I'm glad we don't have to ever be that way again!

Oh, and Dee...glad you're feeling better!!

xoxo
Old 01-08-2015, 05:55 PM
  # 403 (permalink)  

Good evening packmates. I was not able to check in during the day so playing catchup.
Trust, excercise, coughing up stuff, waking up energy, moving to a new state, AA and NA - oh my so much happening.
Mld - Building back trust comes slowly, over time and testing. Not easy. Trust is so fragile. You friendship with the fellow sounds wonderful and supportive. Enjoy it and be real in it. Whatever develops has to come naturally, unforced.
Tonks, your mom is in my morning prayers.
Dee, sorry you were not feeling well. Glad your back. You have been with us in spirit.
I do not do AA. I may. I am familiar because of my brother that we lost to alcohol.
I love the program and comradery.
So glad every one is moving along amassing days, confidence, personal knowledge and comfort.
Love you guys.
Old 01-08-2015, 05:57 PM
  # 404 (permalink)  

Hey Decembers! Just checking in. I'm doing great. Trying to adjust to the new job and the simple fact of getting up and going somewhere each day. I don't have enough SR time and I miss y'all!

I try to read as much as I can when I get home. Hopefully my schedule will level out and I can develop some sort of normalcy in the next couple of weeks. In the meantime, keep up the good work! I'm cheering you on!!

Hugs!
Old 01-08-2015, 06:00 PM
  # 405 (permalink)  

Shannon, glad you are doing well and you are adjusting to the new job. Check in when you can sister.
Old 01-08-2015, 06:03 PM
  # 406 (permalink)  
...holds the key

Hey Shannon!! I was missing you! Look the triplets together again!!!
Old 01-08-2015, 06:06 PM
  # 407 (permalink)  

Dee, we have two sets of triplets in our class - in case you missed it we are one day apart.
Old 01-08-2015, 06:21 PM
  # 408 (permalink)  
...holds the key

Whatever happened to the quads? I've gotten kinda confused with all the multiples we've got now!
Old 01-08-2015, 06:23 PM
  # 409 (permalink)  
Administrator

I'll get up to speed eventually - thanks guys

D
Old 01-08-2015, 06:32 PM
  # 410 (permalink)  

Shannon- I am glad your doing well. It does take time to get used to a new schedule. Being busy is a good thing! I know it is for me.

Brynn- Yeah I looked up NA! I have never heard of it before today. I must live under a rock! lol
  # 411 (permalink)  
Ya**!

Deee!!!! Welcome back! Hope you're better!

Was reading Newcomers and man, people losing their sh**t over the Male/Female forums. Cray cray.

And no good news brynnifer, do another test tomorrow. Bone scan.

What a strange day.

Oh, anyone seen Rose? I haven't been confused lately, I knew something was missing
  # 412 (permalink)  

Shannon- I am glad your doing well. It does take time to get used to a new schedule. Being busy is a good thing! I know it is for me.

Brynn- Yeah I looked up NA! I have never heard of it before today. I must live under a rock! lol
Old 01-08-2015, 06:43 PM
  # 413 (permalink)  
...holds the key

Sorry tonks keep us updated ok?

Yeah, where is rose and copper and big shoe and JL and Della and ok....seriously y'all...was there like an alien abduction or something? Its always kinda made me feel left out cause aliens have never wanted to abduct me!!
Old 01-08-2015, 06:43 PM
  # 414 (permalink)  

Brynn, triplets -quads - I am confused too.
Old 01-08-2015, 06:47 PM
  # 415 (permalink)  
...holds the key

And we know Midwest will never get abducted living under that rock like she does!!

B...I've given up trying to keep track of the quads and the other trips!
I can only keep up with us sis!!
Old 01-08-2015, 06:48 PM
  # 416 (permalink)  

Hugs to you Tonks. Please keep us posted. Hugs.

Brynn - we have to keep an eye peeled for them.
Old 01-08-2015, 06:49 PM
  # 417 (permalink)  

Feel better soon Dee if you are still on the mend!

Alright, there are 2 sets of triplets?? I thought there was just one. If someone wants to clarify I would be much obliged!

I am on day TEN!! Double digits baby! Today I went to the establishment next door to the office w/ my boss and a colleague for a meeting. The 2 guys had beers, and I ordered a hot tea. I told them both in advance I wouldn't be drinking, and I had the option to suggest the meeting stay inside at the office but I felt strong enough to go. I had my tea, went back to the office and wrapped up the day. I must admit I felt a twinge of sadness, almost like I was missing out on something (which I know is NOT TRUE)! However, stronger than that sadness was a sense of pride in myself for remaining alcohol free and taking the harder road. And I also feel great now, knowing that I drove home completely straight and am not now making drunken decisions I'll regret in the morning. It feels AAAAH-MAZING!!!
XOXO stay warm all. It's still really cold here.
Old 01-08-2015, 06:50 PM
  # 418 (permalink)  

Agreed Brynn - day 34.
Old 01-08-2015, 06:52 PM
  # 419 (permalink)  

You rock Kittycat.
Old 01-08-2015, 06:57 PM
  # 420 (permalink)  

I am not sure if the 2nd group is triplets, quads, or quints. There seemed to be a lot of people with the same sober date as me. Dec. 4th.

Brynn- Haha yeah the Aliens will never find me. I knew there had to be a good reason I was living under a rock.

I hope everyone is doing okay who hasn't posted today.