Notices

Class of January 2015

Old 01-08-2015, 04:13 AM
  # 441 (permalink)  

Great job staying positive! It's not worth it and you knew it! Way to go!
Day 8 for me too! We can do this!!'
Old 01-08-2015, 04:15 AM
  # 442 (permalink)  
Do your best

Originally Posted by brighterlife View Post
Hi count me in
looking forward to getting to know you all.
I've had periods of sobriety in the past year and I'm determined to make it permanent this time. I'm sick and tired of being sick and tired and the anxiety is crippling.
Welcome brighterlife nice to meet you
Old 01-08-2015, 04:19 AM
  # 443 (permalink)  

Day 8 and feeling pretty strong!
Forgot a big feat I overcame yesterday. In NJ you can't buy alcohol in most stores( only liquor stores) so I know to avoid them and few grocery stores that do sell it. Well. Yesterday I ran in a new store to grab lunch and guess what? They sell wine... So i ordered my
Lunch and wine bottles were everywhere.! I am proud to say it really didn't bother me at all. I looked at them like soda bottles( which I have no in drinking ) and got out unscathed . I'm am giving my strength to the vitamins I am taking....because I can't figure out why else I would have no interest. So keep strong everyone! We don't need it.
Old 01-08-2015, 04:23 AM
  # 444 (permalink)  
Do your best

Well done to Kitkat on day 10, TheSouthern day 8, Stayingpositive day 8, Canguy day 8 & anewyear on day 8

You guys are doing fantastic
Old 01-08-2015, 04:34 AM
  # 445 (permalink)  
*Ex Missus

Wow, we day 8 already? Stayed up late last night doing one of my weird EFT sessions on smoking. Last year I quit cigs and vaped instead but during my christmas relapse I ended up smoking cigs again. Sigh. Anyways, I found an EFT download on smoking at midnight last night O.o proceeded to purchase, download and tap away till 3am. OOps. This meant I slept late this morning which has thrown me off kilter a little bit but hey, I'm sober and also back on my vape full time!

Also read the Rational Recovery site yesterday, it goes pretty much hand in hand with what I'd already been working hard on in regards to mindfulness and healing past hurts etc... I think this time around my recovery game is STRONG. Since I am taking the power back into my own hands. It's up to me! And those times I've caved in the last few years, it's been at a certain time/trigger that I can heal with healthier methods than drinking/smoking. I can! We all can Sorry for my morning ramble just had a huge coffee to get me going lol
Old 01-08-2015, 04:36 AM
  # 446 (permalink)  
Do your best

Well done on day 8 JackD'smissus keep up the good work and enjoy the Coffee
Old 01-08-2015, 05:01 AM
  # 447 (permalink)  

Good Morning, I have been cruising through these past few days but last night I did get cravings, I soooooo badly wanted a glass of wine. I did not drink.
This may be a terrible way to go about this but in my head I keep telling myself, get 30 days sober, if being sober is awful you can go back to drinking. So far it is not awful, just hard. Here's to another day!!
Old 01-08-2015, 05:38 AM
  # 448 (permalink)  
Do your best

Hi Shelbygirl i think the 30 day thing is a great idea the craving isnt you its your AV its best to crush it with positivity and always expose it like your doing now which is exellent

use these links for cravings http://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/...e-surfing.html

http://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/...-cravings.html
Old 01-08-2015, 05:49 AM
  # 449 (permalink)  

Day 4 down and just got back from my first social drinking outing. Dinner birthday party with loads of beer (my drink of choice.) 1 friend said, "god I need a beer!" And I thought, "me too!" But then I remembered and ordered a pineapple shake. It wasn't too bad. Easier than I thought. Although I have a flu thingy right now so that's helping with any cravings. I left early and won't have be hungover tomorrow when most others there will.
I see many folk are up to day 8!
Congratulations everyone!
Your smashing it!!!!

"Isn't it nice to think that tomorrow is a day without any new mistakes in it yet?" Anne of Green Gables.
Old 01-08-2015, 05:50 AM
  # 450 (permalink)  
I will NOT drink to that!

Today I am in better spirits. Yesterday, I got dealt a tough blow & was really stressing over it. After thinking it through (with a clear, sober mind), I found a solution that will work for me for the time being. Sometimes just staying in the moment & talking it out with another person can help. So I learned that freaking out is not necessary & that sober thinking is superior to drunk thinking. ;-)
Old 01-08-2015, 05:56 AM
  # 451 (permalink)  

congrats to all who are plugging along. I am jealous. I broke last night and had 2 beers. It wasn't much but my goal is to have nothing.

So today is Day1 again. For some reason, I can't get fully committed to this one like I did last January. I don't know why.
Old 01-08-2015, 05:57 AM
  # 452 (permalink)  
Do your best

Well done on day 4 Ting

And exellent job JT

Keep trying Halfvictory retweak your sobriety plan .. what do you think you could add to your sobriety plan
Old 01-08-2015, 06:33 AM
  # 453 (permalink)  
Re-Member

Day Eight

Successfully completed day seven sober so that's one week! Been down this road hundreds of times before but I really want this time to be different and right now it feels different. It just feels possible. Day eight/week two start now!

Yesterday was good. Work was slow. Cooked myself a nice steak dinner when I got home. Once again, I played a video game all evening. No thoughts of drinking.

Work again today. It's supposed to get icy and wet and gross and very cold again here today and tomorrow. My plan right now is to spend the night curled up with a good book.

Thanks again to everyone for being here for me. Though I generally have only been posting this once a day message I check in here off and on at least six or seven times a day just to get some inspiration.
Old 01-08-2015, 06:40 AM
  # 454 (permalink)  

stay strong half victory!! you can do it!!
Stay on the bus!!
Old 01-08-2015, 06:40 AM
  # 455 (permalink)  
Do your best

Well done casey on day 8 Casey

Your dinner sounded tasty

keep up the good work
Old 01-08-2015, 06:44 AM
  # 456 (permalink)  

Ting and Kitkat331, Great job!! Life as a present parent is so much easier and frustrating at the same time. Can't hide behind the glass of wine. If I don't hold myself accountable how can I expect to hold the kids accountable. Feeling strong and proud!! Slept much better last night and even had the energy to exercise!! Hoot, Hoot!!
Old 01-08-2015, 06:53 AM
  # 457 (permalink)  

Day Three for me. Congrats to everyone on Day 8 already. Wow. That's really great.

halfvictory you can do this. Retweak your plan and stay strong. We are all here to support you.

I have been taking it really slow in terms on life lately and trying not to stress myself out. Many times in the past when I was sober for a little while, I would go like a maniac trying to catch up on all the things that didn't get done while drinking. Not this time. I am slowly cleaning my house, which means one room a day and not pushing myself to "get it done! get it done!" This helps me stay calmer and what is the BIG HURRY anyhow? My dirty house will still be here the next day if it doesn't all get done, RIGHT NOW! LOL.

I have also been taking time to meditate the last couple days and plan on continuing to do that. It slows me down and destresses me and really helps.

Cold here today. Glad to wake up and feel refreshed (have been sleeping 8 hours a night!). Here's to another day sober everyone! Yeah for us!
Old 01-08-2015, 07:01 AM
  # 458 (permalink)  

Great job Cecilia44. It's good to be mindful. I would always drink to come down from those manic times. I say to my husband " darn, that maid didn't show again!! guess I have to clean" Lets work on a clean body and mind rather than a clean house!! Be strong and stay warm. Our kids had a 2hr delay today because of the cold.
Old 01-08-2015, 07:02 AM
  # 459 (permalink)  
Do your best

Well done on day 3 Cecilia awesome post

i done a lil rearranging last week aswell slowly but surely a lot of little makes big

its cold here too wrap up stay warm & have a great day

just want to say to all of you in the class in january you all have been making my week what a start to the year !!! im blessed to have found such fantastic friends in this thread

keep up the good work we are worth this
Old 01-08-2015, 07:50 AM
  # 460 (permalink)  

Good morning to the Awesome Class of Soberites!! Day FIVE! For standing:-) Pretty good night last night. Wore a terry cloth robe to bed to absorb the icky sweat my body is producing at night so at least I didn't have to wake up shivering. I'm amazed I've had no cravings, this seems UNREAL! But I'll take it and keep running:-) I hope everyone else is doing ok. I'm really feeling that this IS the ONE this time. I think what has finally done it for me is acceptance of the fact that I can never ever drink again in my life. And I feel at peace with that. I always thought the bottle was my friend but it's not! It's a killer and it wants to destroy me. I actually HATE it and want NO part of it in my life. Sorry this got a bit long. I'm wishing you all the best today!!! SOBER BLESSINGS!!!!!!..........Standing