Notices

Class of January 2015

Old 01-06-2015, 07:31 PM
  # 381 (permalink)  
Do your best

Originally Posted by LiveLikeGold6 View Post
End of day 6. Im still with you all. Caught a bad stomach flu last night, ended up in the ER, on the road to recovery now. Pun intended
Get well soon Llg well done on day 6 bud
Old 01-06-2015, 07:33 PM
  # 382 (permalink)  
Do your best

Originally Posted by ting View Post
Day 3 and have a cold and an aching body so I'm not sure what's what with my detox symptoms but I spose that's a good thing. I haven't craved a drink yet. So yet to manage that mountain. I'm actually feeling calmer than I usually am which is a surprise considering in the last 14 years I haven't done more than 10 days off booze and that was at a health retreat.
Congrats to all for your new lives!
We can do this thing!
Get well soon Ting i swear by chicken soup

Well done on day 3 keep up the exellent work
Old 01-06-2015, 07:35 PM
  # 383 (permalink)  
Do your best

Originally Posted by HeyStoopid View Post
Day 3. Slept much better last night, actually got things done at work today, and stopped by my parents' house for dinner.
Awesome HS well done on day 3 bud
Old 01-06-2015, 07:36 PM
  # 384 (permalink)  
Do your best

Originally Posted by Anewyear View Post
Night everyone!!! To another successful sober day for all!
Goodnight a newyear have a great day tomorrow
Old 01-06-2015, 10:43 PM
  # 385 (permalink)  

Hello all I think I'll join you guys this month Day 4 for me and off to work without a hangover.
Old 01-06-2015, 11:59 PM
  # 386 (permalink)  

checking in

Welcome Sulu!

Well, day 8 is in the books. I had crap sleep again last night--went to bed a little before 11, I woke up about 2am, couldn't get back to sleep until 6 and then I couldn't drag myself out of bed until 10:30 at which time I still felt horribly groggy. UGH! So annoying. My light therapy light arrives tomorrow (love Amazon 2 day shipping!) so hopefully that will help me get back on track with a normal schedule.

Felt a wish to drink tonight--I had to respond to a million emails, which I had been putting off. Sometimes I just resist doing that sort of thing, don't know why--weird email social anxiety. Found myself getting more and more stressed about it and feeling like a glass of wine or 3 would make it easier (was my former coping method for this problem.) Once I got down to it, it was really not that bad--I don't know why I build these things up in my mind so much.

Otherwise, an ok day. I hit the gym, so that's something. Hopefully tonight's sleep will be better--I am staying up a little later with the hope that will help me sleep through the night.
Old 01-07-2015, 12:52 AM
  # 387 (permalink)  

Hello can I join in?

I started on January 1st. So now on day 7.....a whole week I haven't been sober this long for 2 years plus £70 saved this week alone just on alcohol. Shocking. Don't want to spend it so off to move it into a separate account, hopefully it will continue to grow during the year.

Best wishes to everyone.
Old 01-07-2015, 01:31 AM
  # 388 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by WhatIsTheMatrix View Post
Hello can I join in?

I started on January 1st. So now on day 7.....a whole week I haven't been sober this long for 2 years plus £70 saved this week alone just on alcohol. Shocking. Don't want to spend it so off to move it into a separate account, hopefully it will continue to grow during the year.

Best wishes to everyone.
Welcome, WhatIsTheMatrix! Sounds like a fun way to really be able to experience one of the "gifts of sobriety"--literally, in the form of getting something nice when it really adds up.
Old 01-07-2015, 01:50 AM
  # 389 (permalink)  

Evening all.

Day 5 closing for me here.
Old 01-07-2015, 01:51 AM
  # 390 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Kitkat331 View Post
Welcome, WhatIsTheMatrix! Sounds like a fun way to really be able to experience one of the "gifts of sobriety"--literally, in the form of getting something nice when it really adds up.

Thanks KitKat, that was my idea exactly. Really helps to focus me. Anything to add to the arsenal has got to be good.

@canguy - Congrats on getting though day 5
Old 01-07-2015, 02:51 AM
  # 391 (permalink)  

Starting day 7 sober still cant sleep without waking up every hour. I'm feeling cranky can't tell if its from lack of sleep or I'm misssing booze. Well I'm off to work stay sober everybody
Old 01-07-2015, 02:52 AM
  # 392 (permalink)  
*Ex Missus

Good going everyone Day 7 as arrived! Got to sleep within 30 mins last night so the working out is doing wonders. Legs still ache but I can't distinguish between gym pain and detox pain atm. Feeling really good! Just need to get moving but owww, ouch, grumble
Old 01-07-2015, 04:42 AM
  # 393 (permalink)  

Hi All!

Count me in. I am on Day 3. I have had many starts and stops over the past few years. My longest sober stretch was for 4 months leading up to the 2013 Xmas holiday. I didn't make it and started to dabble on and off throughout 2014. ( aka... more dabbling on than off...).

What I know for sure is that for me, there is no such thing as having just one and walking away. The truth is, I don't want just one. I NEVER want just one and I cannot force myself to stop at just one. Once I have just one sip, all bets are off... And I am so sick of the cycle. I already know how it will play out. It has to stop and I need to stop it.

So, this time I am in it to win it.

My best to all,

FS
Old 01-07-2015, 04:50 AM
  # 394 (permalink)  

Good Morning,
Made it to day 7, I was driving around yesterday and thinking of all the ways I could drink again. Just Fridays, only when kids are not around, blah blah. I realized that kind of thinking was exhausting. So I refocused on how I felt being 6 days without drinking and the answer was "Happy" What an easier feeling to focus on than the exhaustion of the drinking song and dance!
Have a great one Everyone!!
Old 01-07-2015, 04:51 AM
  # 395 (permalink)  

Good Morning,
Made it to day 7, I was driving around yesterday and thinking of all the ways I could drink again. Just Fridays, only when kids are not around, blah blah. I realized that kind of thinking was exhausting. So I refocused on how I felt being 6 days without drinking and the answer was "Happy" What an easier feeling to focus on than the exhaustion of the drinking song and dance!
Have a great one Everyone!!
Old 01-07-2015, 04:52 AM
  # 396 (permalink)  

Wink

Good morning all! Start to day 7 is here! Feeling good!
Big thanks to everyone and Soberwolf for helping cheer us on everyday. Greatly appreciated!
Old 01-07-2015, 05:19 AM
  # 397 (permalink)  
Do your best

Well done on 7 days sober shelbygirl & anewyear

Awesome job guys keep it going
Old 01-07-2015, 05:22 AM
  # 398 (permalink)  
Do your best

Welcome whatsthematrix & fourseasons
Old 01-07-2015, 05:24 AM
  # 399 (permalink)  

Good Morning Class! On Day -27 (counting backwards so day 3). Feeling good so far

Welcome Sulu1 and Matrix!

Congrats on Day 8 kitkat; day 5 canguy; and day 7's for wheel, jackds, shelby, anewyear.

And a special thanks to Soberwolf for always lurking and posting in here.
Old 01-07-2015, 05:34 AM
  # 400 (permalink)  

I'm not counting, but it's been many days. Focusing on today and only today.