Notices

Class of January 2015

Old 01-08-2015, 05:58 PM
  # 481 (permalink)  

Winding down my day and waiting on day 5.... I have found that I keep a hot cup of green tea in my hands at all times once it's time to start cooking and getting kids ready for the next day ... I find that it helps for some reason, I suppose it's taking the place of that FAT GLASS of wine that has always been there .... Stay strong all my new friends...
Old 01-08-2015, 06:11 PM
  # 482 (permalink)  
Do your best

Well done for day 5 Nash i like green tea i like twinings mango & lychee green tea very refreshing and tasty
Old 01-08-2015, 06:14 PM
  # 483 (permalink)  
Administrator

I'll been ill guys - sorry for my absence.
I'll try and catch up on what I've missed but I'll just jump in here for now

D
Old 01-08-2015, 06:24 PM
  # 484 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Kitkat331 View Post
Do you still experience that urge to use heroin now, or did that pass at some point after getting clean? Congratulations, btw! That's a huge accomplishment.
Yes Kit Kat! All the time for a while. In the first year of being physically clean from heroine I had it about 5 more times but only once at a time. I didn't seek it out but it came to me and I wasn't strong enough to say no. I had to change my whole life in order to quit this one. New town, new Uni course and saying goodbye to an 8 year relationship with someone I loved but shared a habit with and couldn't quit while by his side. It wasn't till I had a few different therapies that I could say for sure I would never touch it again. I got clean because I feared death if this addiction kept going although ironically enough when I got clean the depression was so bad that I would wake and think that it would be nice if a bus just ran me down today.
That's about the time I started drinking. Way more socially acceptable. Haha.
This is an interesting read about the changing of bad habits:
http://www.npr.org/blogs/health/2015...ing-bad-habits

--------------------------------------------------- "Isn't it nice to think that tomorrow is a day without any new mistakes in it yet?" Anne of Green Gables.-
Old 01-08-2015, 06:37 PM
  # 485 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by nashv View Post
Drinking and partying has just been a huge part of my life for over 22 yrs....now at 41, iam ready to meet the real ME!!!
Hey Nash it's exciting isn't it! I'm 40 and feel similar but a week or so before I go sober I thought about my biggest fears and wrote them down:
Most of my long term close friends are big drinkers. We have always connected with each other by drinking lots together and partying. I fear the loss of being able to connect with them in this way even though of course we connect when we are not drinking as well.
I associate drinking with celebration and fun and fear I will feel like I'm missing out in some way.
I fear I will be somewhat boring after 25 years of being a party type girl.
Who the **** am I if I don't drink?

I hope my biggest fears turn into my biggest delightful discoveries.

--------------------------------------------------- "Isn't it nice to think that tomorrow is a day without any new mistakes in it yet?" Anne of Green Gables.-
Old 01-08-2015, 06:40 PM
  # 486 (permalink)  
Administrator

I rediscovered a me I'd forgotten - I quite like the man I am now.
I could never say that of the 'party animal Dee'

D
Old 01-08-2015, 06:42 PM
  # 487 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Dee74 View Post
I rediscovered a me I'd forgotten - I quite like the man I am now. I could never say that of the 'party animal Dee' D
Yay Dee
That's encouraging and inspiring.

Old 01-08-2015, 06:49 PM
  # 488 (permalink)  

Checking in

Day 10 went well, but now I'm super tired and crashing, so I think I'll go to bed straight after I get the kids to bed. Hopefully I won't wake back up in the middle of the night.

Right now I'm feeling like the day-to-day is fine but I'm struggling still to accept that I'll never drink again. I keep mentally forecasting to future times I might wish to drink. Not helpful.
Old 01-08-2015, 07:04 PM
  # 489 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Kitkat331 View Post
I'm struggling still to accept that I'll never drink again. I keep mentally forecasting to future times I might wish to drink. Not helpful.
Kit Kat
For me I am only committing to 100 days sober. This seems doable to me. I don't know how I will feel once I get to 100 days but hopefully I will be like let's do 100 more. Personally I couldn't do this if I was saying forever right now.

Old 01-08-2015, 07:31 PM
  # 490 (permalink)  

Winding down day 5, not sure why but today was the roughest So far. I can't imagine Friday, Saturday or Sunday is going to be any easier. I will strive to keep busy and forgive me if I post just to post - I get a good feeling from - can't explain it
Old 01-08-2015, 07:42 PM
  # 491 (permalink)  
Administrator

Post as much as you want sobermtbr

D
Old 01-08-2015, 07:44 PM
  # 492 (permalink)  
Do your best

Well done on day 10 Kitkat, Well done on day 5 and for day 6 Sobermtbr

Good idea Ting
Old 01-08-2015, 10:34 PM
  # 493 (permalink)  
The Little Alcoholic Monstress That Could

End of day 8 here. Well done everyone! Today was honestly an optimal day although my mood was low n dreary for many parts of it. Went to work got groceries got my son gave him nutritious food n played with him.. let him watch cartoons while I worked out.. put him to bed ..did dishes took a shower and jumped in bed myself. The weekend is approaching ill definitely be leaning on you all a bit more.
Old 01-09-2015, 02:11 AM
  # 494 (permalink)  

So today is day 9 and I really am feeling the benefits! My skin looks so much clearer and I dont feel sick anymore! I have energy and I am sleeping! I am going to my first AA meeting and I am shitting myself! I am 32 years old but look about 12 and feel about 12! I feel so scared that I will be looked at as a total looser for getting myself into such a mess but I am going for it as I also have a session with my Aquarias councillor who set me the goal to get to an AA meeting - my life is now dedicated to sobriety - how is everyone doing?
Old 01-09-2015, 03:05 AM
  # 495 (permalink)  

Day 5. Was feeling pretty good but a few afternoon pangs for a beer have coming flooding in. Anyway I know I won't drink. Just chucked a 13 year old tanti at my kids! So much for my calm parenting routine of the last few days. Giving myself time out to write this. Weekend is here folks! Good luck to all! --------------------------------------------------- "Isn't it nice to think that tomorrow is a day without any new mistakes in it yet?" Anne of Green Gables.-
Old 01-09-2015, 03:47 AM
  # 496 (permalink)  

Stay strong, stay focused, stay busy ...... I hope we all have a successful weekend...
Old 01-09-2015, 03:51 AM
  # 497 (permalink)  
Administrator

Hi guys

when threads get to 500 posts we close them and open up a new part...it makes it a little easier for newcomers to the thread

please join us for part 2 here:
http://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/...ml#post5126717