Notices

Class of December 2014 Part 3

Old 12-23-2014, 07:58 PM
  # 41 (permalink)  

It seems like a lot of us have partners that are drinking. Mine ended up drunk at the neighbors and eventually walked home and went to sleep. There is still beer left but I am not touching that gross stuff. then the neighbors called me at 10 pm to come over. I said no. I need to put myself first and my sobriety.
Old 12-23-2014, 08:09 PM
  # 42 (permalink)  
Tired

Great job, Wilson, Brynn & Erin!

Oh no Jsbodhi and someone took their cage! That's sad.

Movies are great Bigshoe, especially when your sober, so you can actually remember the ending the next day. Oi, there are some I know I watched but got plastered halfway through and have no recollection. Gattica was one of them. I'll need to re watch that!

Starsnskies, I've not been to an AA meeting for myself. I attended a few when I was younger with my mom, but I'm sure it's very different when your solo and it's now about you. Those first dozen times or so are probably a wee bit awkward. I'd think k it would get better as times goes on and you get to know people attending better. After that, maybe it would be something positive to suggest meeting a couple of them for a coffee before the meeting close by, might make the transition to go to the meeting a bit more relaxing.

Pins and needles? Makes me think of possible neuropathy. We lose tons of nutrients and lack often in vitamins due to drinking and poor diet. Might want to consult your physician to check on that.

Hi Plenny, don't think I've said hello to you before! You've got a ton on your plate right now it sounds like. I'm glad you're here to talk to us, especially with the stress you must be under. Being good to yourself is a good thing! But I understand that worrying on your credit cards isn't fun. Spoil yourself in little ways, but in ways that don't somehow make you feel guilty about them later. Borrow a good book or a movie you've been wanting to read or see from the library. It's rather astounding the things you can borrow anymore from one. Costs not a dime! Drink some cocoa instead of overdoing it on chocolate cake. I speak from experience on that last one Forums are great, there's one for just about anything you're interested in. Maybe find one on a hobby or subject, or gaming that you really enjoy. Mental stimulation with other like minded people can be a huge mental release and can be a nice social interaction without any pressure. My best wishes to you through this time!

And to each of the rest of you, fellow classmates! What a ride we're on
Old 12-23-2014, 08:15 PM
  # 43 (permalink)  
Don't Blink

It's really strange being in a room with people drinking and smoking when I'm not. I'm really ok though and that's ... weird too. I even had a little fun. I'm going to bed now and will wake up to 21 days
Old 12-23-2014, 08:20 PM
  # 44 (permalink)  
...holds the key

Wilson, I honestly don't know how you do it. I admire you for being able to be around all the booze and keep your focus, I just hope it doesn't start to overwhelm you. Please take care of yourself.

Saying goodnight, y'all. Be good and stay strong.
Old 12-23-2014, 08:21 PM
  # 45 (permalink)  
...holds the key

Sorry...night Erin!
Old 12-23-2014, 08:41 PM
  # 46 (permalink)  

Thanks Brynn,
It seems to be getting easier being around it. I really want my sober days to keep adding up! I think I am starting to see just how much alcohol was weighing me down.

Goodnight everyone!! (((((Hugs)))))
Old 12-23-2014, 08:48 PM
  # 47 (permalink)  

Thanks for sharing and caring, everyone. It really helps to read your experiences. I'm way new (again) but I always find such reassurance and help here at SR. I know it'll stick eventually.
Old 12-23-2014, 08:49 PM
  # 48 (permalink)  

Thanks for sharing and caring, everyone. It really helps to read your experiences. I'm way new (again) but I always find such reassurance and help here at SR. I know it'll stick eventually.
Old 12-23-2014, 11:05 PM
  # 49 (permalink)  

Good morning all. Today is my new official day 1. Can't believe I'm starting the number count again but I was stupid enough to pick up when I should have know better, so that's the way it goes.

Yesterday was rough. I felt sick all day and couldn't eat and I had that horrible acidic feeling in my stomach.

Today I feel better. I'm going to have lunch with some friends and our daughters and it will be nice.

Erin you are doing so well! X

Plenny keep going. It really is worth it. I've got huge changes in my life too, it makes me feel unsettled. I think I need to think of change as positive rather than let those old fears creep in. Easier said than done. Stick with us x

Jsbodhi I'm so sorry to hear about your budgies, how sad. Hugs to you x

Have a good day everyone and stay safe x
Old 12-23-2014, 11:06 PM
  # 50 (permalink)  

Double post
Old 12-23-2014, 11:24 PM
  # 51 (permalink)  
Administrator

I'm sorry to hear about your budgies too Jsbodhi.

D
Old 12-24-2014, 02:25 AM
  # 52 (permalink)  

Jsbodhi- I am sorry to hear about your budgies too. I had a lot of different birds growing up. They really have their own personalities. 😔

Glad your hear Jeni and Plenny. Glad your feeling better Jeni!

I hope everyone who celebrates Christmas has a wonderful Christmas Eve!!

If your tempted to drink please reach out on here!
Old 12-24-2014, 03:30 AM
  # 53 (permalink)  

Jsbodhi- sending you a hug.

Day 26, on my way to work . Everyone have a beautiful day.
Old 12-24-2014, 05:04 AM
  # 54 (permalink)  

Ginza (銀座) is a district of Chūō, Tokyo, located south of Yaesu and Kyōbashi, west of Tsukiji, east of Yūrakuchō and Uchisaiwaichō, and north of Shinbashi.

It is known as an upscale area of Tokyo with numerous department stores, boutiques, restaurants and coffeehouses. Ginza is recognized as one of the most luxurious shopping districts in the world (wikipedia).

Xmas tomorrow and I'm back.
Old 12-24-2014, 05:10 AM
  # 55 (permalink)  
Ya**!

Jeni,welcome back. I'm so happy you're still with us =)

Denise, congratulations on coming so far, you're doing awesome!

Hope everyone has a safe and happy Eve!
Old 12-24-2014, 05:33 AM
  # 56 (permalink)  

This is tough but I know I need this connection with all of you again to get through this. I spent the past 2 days at cancer and chemo doctors with my father was just diagnosed with stage 4 lung cancer. 2 months ago the doctors told us it wasn't cancer but now after many more tests it's been determined that not only is it cancer but that it has spread to his brain. Kind of feels like a cruel joke but I know that doctors and medicine are not perfect.

Anyway, I have been drowning myself in beer and wine for a few days now with the ridiculous self pity excuse. But that is BS and it isn't getting me anywhere. My father also has an alcohol problem but now with his first treatment of radiation today and chemo on Monday, even he is accepting that his drinking days are over.

I am also struggling with a relationship with a man who I have been on and off with for 10 years. It's a long story but we are not communicating right now..he has asked me not to while he takes care of some things... I don't know where I stand with him and it is really taking a toll on me on top of everything else. I know I need to just let it go for now and I must try harder to do that. I cannot control it no matter how much I obsess or over think thjngs.

Sorry this is so long but I am here to commit to being done with reacting to my problems and my despair with alcohol. It's still December and I can still have a sober, present holiday with my family.

Today can be a new Start. This will be a tough journey with my dad whom I am very, very close to. I want to be there for him and savor every moment not be obsessed with drinking and hiding and hangovers behind the scenes. That's no way to live and not fair to my family or children. I know better, I am ashamed, but I can't hide from SR, that would be the worst thing I could do. Thank you for reading and I'm going for this once and for all.
Old 12-24-2014, 05:52 AM
  # 57 (permalink)  
Ya**!

I'm very sorry to hear about your father, Fable. He's lucky to have an amazing daughter to support him.

And there's no reason to be ashamed. This path we are all on can be bumpy at times. All we can do is dust ourselves off and continue forward... all the while planning and preparing so we can prevent another stumble.

I'm happy you are here with us. Welcome home.
Old 12-24-2014, 05:55 AM
  # 58 (permalink)  

My cat is snoring/ snuggling next to me on my Noguchi sofa. Beer is in hand. I live in a house overlooking the beach and have a Benz in the garage. I fly first class and wear custom clothing that mocks my Ph.D. education. I'm married but also have a girlfriend. As I type this I'm wearing a Rolex Cellini Prince rose gold dress watch. Made a few million selling of all things, alcohol. I'm a drunk and miserable.

So I'm going to try this sober thing again. Good luck to myself and everyone else in this class of December 2014.
Old 12-24-2014, 07:04 AM
  # 59 (permalink)  

Thanks Tonks. It's so hard to keep coming back after so many broken commitments. But I know the moment I stop coming back is when I give up and I'm not giving up.

Ginza, we come in all walks of life, all different careers and financial statuses. You can do this, you are worth it.
Old 12-24-2014, 07:13 AM
  # 60 (permalink)  
OX

Fabl, sorry about your father. Be there for him now. And yourself. Be present all you can.
Wecolme Ginza to the class. Alcohol hits everyone no matter how fancy the time piece

Waking up from the haze and seeing things again. Old, broke and not much. Feeling blue today. Gotta bust out cause I have it pretty good. But difficult to do since life is so hard and feel like messed things up so bad. Oh the time and opportunities wasted. Being wasted. Ugh it hurts. Guess that's what happens when you hide behind booze and use it as an excuse.

Have a great day everyone. My W is polish and one of the many beliefs is that at midnight on Christmas Eve, animals can talk. So listen up!