Notices

Class of December 2014 Part 3

Old 12-23-2014, 06:14 AM
  # 21 (permalink)  
OX

Welcome shenzi and jeni.

Waking up need coffee. Thought I had something to say. But need coffee. Looking at three weeks on the other side of christmas. Dealing with a little holiday stress in the house. Finally got some things accomplished last night but some gifts will be late. There are worse things in the world. Ok gonna hit the coffee button if I can just get out of bed!
Old 12-23-2014, 06:16 AM
  # 22 (permalink)  
Tired

Welcome Shenzy and Jeni!

It is fantastic you are here. Shenzy, an ice skating party! Your daughter. Must be excited. Jeni, two years is amazing, what's better is that you immediately popped in here after your stumble. Don't focus on the negative, focus on turning that into an even stronger resolution. It is absolutely great you are quick to stomp out that fire.

I like what you said about the crayons Seasky

Good morning, or evening, wherever you all my be in the world!
Have a positive day, and treat yourselves kindly.

Edit: Bigshoe, I've got late gifts coming myself, but indeed better then nothing, he he. Coffee....mmm
Old 12-23-2014, 06:30 AM
  # 23 (permalink)  

Welcome Shenzy and Jeni - I love how are class is growing!
Day 18 for me - looking forward to being sober while preparing the house and food for Christmas. Maybe I'll remember everything this year.
A balmy 45 outside today. Rare for December in norther Illinois. Loving it except for the dogs muddy paws.
Final grocery run today for a couple last items then cleaning and cooking.
Enjoy classmates.
Old 12-23-2014, 06:59 AM
  # 24 (permalink)  
I will NOT drink to that!

Wow, the December class has grown so much I can't keep up!! Welcome to the newbies & rock on to the rest who have made it past day 1. I'm still going strong & very proud!
Old 12-23-2014, 08:53 AM
  # 25 (permalink)  
Ya**!

Howdy December. Woke up contemplating what delicious things I may have on Xmas mmm....

Put me down for three weeks, jack. Day 21.
Old 12-23-2014, 12:13 PM
  # 26 (permalink)  
OX

Great Tonks!
Old 12-23-2014, 12:49 PM
  # 27 (permalink)  

Welcome Shenzy and Jeni!! Jeni don't let that one day define you as a failure because you definately are not!!

I am doing good on day 19 or 20. my husband has been drinking like a fish though.
Old 12-23-2014, 12:49 PM
  # 28 (permalink)  

Oops
Old 12-23-2014, 03:13 PM
  # 29 (permalink)  

Hi guys, and thanks for the welcome. I've decided to check in here twice a day so you will all be sick of me in no time.

I am going to make tomorrow my official day 1. I've not drunk today but as I didn't stop until the early hours of this morning I can't claim to be sober all day. I was still drunk this morning and when that wore off I felt sick, shaky and had that awful acidic feeling in my stomach. What was I thinking? It was never gonna end well when I picked up again.

My H quit with me a few years back and he isn't doing it again this time. He picked up a big bottle of scotch tonight. The temptation of having it in the house is something I haven't had for a while. So sad.

I'm off to bed now. Sweet dreams everyone.
Old 12-23-2014, 03:16 PM
  # 30 (permalink)  
Administrator

night Jeni

D
Old 12-23-2014, 03:26 PM
  # 31 (permalink)  
Don't Blink

Today is my 20th day! Holy crap... never thought I'd make it to 2 weeks and I'll be at 3 tomorrow! ! I officially took step 1 with my sponsor today and im about to walk inside to my 2nd meeting of the day.
My husband's drinking buddies are coming over tonight so I thought I'd be extra prepared. Happy Sober Tuesday Decemberites.
Old 12-23-2014, 03:43 PM
  # 32 (permalink)  
Administrator

way to go Erin

D
Old 12-23-2014, 04:09 PM
  # 33 (permalink)  
Do your best

Well done Jeni & well done Erin on 20 days
Old 12-23-2014, 04:12 PM
  # 34 (permalink)  

Hi everyone,

So sad! My family were over and were careless and left my door open ( I wasn't home) my budgies flew away because they got scared of my brothers dog.
I loved them so much, they were so cute and had such adorable little personalities.
Anyway, I looked for them, left their cage outside in case they flew back, then I went back outside and someone stole their cage, it's so cold here and I'm sure they didn't make it through the night.
I feel so bad.
Old 12-23-2014, 05:27 PM
  # 35 (permalink)  
...holds the key

Jsbodhi...I'm so sorry!

Jeni...I check in here multiple times a day and I'd love the company!

And hi to everyone else, I've been reading everyone's posts and get so much encouragement from y'all!

Y'all, we're coming to the end of December which means Dee is gonna move our thread to whatever that other forum is!?!?! It's like we'll be graduating or something! Hee!

For me, this is nothing short of a miracle. I started this journey December 6 not really knowing what I was getting into. I still don't know much, but I do know that I CAN live sober (something I seriously questioned before). This is hard and I'm still struggling but there's a lot to be said for having a day with no regrets and being alive.

Hugs and much love to every one of you.
Old 12-23-2014, 05:37 PM
  # 36 (permalink)  
OX

Jsbodhi, too bad about your birdies.

Brynn, it's great you are living sober. Living now! Sober. Great.

Erin8 good luck tonight with all the men drinking tonight. See it inan honest light and probably won't look appealing.

Rainy night here. Want to watch a movie. Thinking bird man or the imitation game. Really want to watch a movie. W wants to clean but she's drinking so probably will never happen. Lol
Old 12-23-2014, 05:57 PM
  # 37 (permalink)  

@Jsbodhi - I hope your birds came back! I'm sorry that happend. I worry also when family is over and how careless they can be at sometimes. Just remember to not drink my friend!

Worked half day today and had a business lunch. It's 80 degrees here in Los Angeles so it's not very Merry except for the fake snow at the outdoor mall...Ho Ho Ho!

Does anyone get nervous before going into an AA meeting?

Also, how do you guys curb the anxiety, I feel good after I work out but then as the evening draws near I find it hard to leave the house to go to an AA meeting. If I had someone to go with that would be better.

Did anyone get pain at the end of their toes? Like pins and needles.. what's that?
Old 12-23-2014, 06:29 PM
  # 38 (permalink)  

Hi everyone. Just popping in quickly.
Feeling kind of awful. I've been eating a lot. Really can't wait for the holid as to be over.
can't stop thinking about my failed marriage and these huge changes in my life. Work has been slow and I've been trying to do things to comfort myself, but I'm getting myself in pretty deep with credit cards. The move was expensive, and I'm just being "nice" to myself but I really have no money. It's stressful, lonely, and scary.
I hope you're all doing better than me at this point. I hope I'll be doing better soon too.
Old 12-23-2014, 07:46 PM
  # 39 (permalink)  
Administrator

I think it's normal to be a little overwhelmed Plenny - you've had some pretty massive changes lately.

If money is tight you can always draw up a budget - you'll be back to where you want to be there in a little while

The really important thing is to stay sober - you can get through this.
Drinking would really make it that much more harder for you to get back on your feet.

D
Old 12-23-2014, 07:46 PM
  # 40 (permalink)  
Administrator

Last edited by Dee74; 12-23-2014 at 08:05 PM.