Notices

Class of December 2014 Part 3

Old 12-24-2014, 04:36 PM
  # 81 (permalink)  

Thnkfl- I hope your meeting goes well!! I would be nervous too. I am sure that's normal.

FABL- I am sorry to hear about your dad. It's devastating to hear that kind of diagnosis. Stay strong and take each day one at a time.
Old 12-24-2014, 06:04 PM
  # 82 (permalink)  

More thanks for your loving thoughts everyone. It truly means so much. I haven't called many of my friends yet, I'm just trying to get some acceptance on my own right now.

Keithurbanfan and jeni, I am so sorry that you both lost your fathers this year. Christmas must be particularly difficult this year. I still can't wrap my head around it, I am just so grateful to have spent the evening with him tonight. One day at a time, one step at a time.

I have been around Sr for a while too but the most I've had consecutively was 60 days two years ago. And varying lengths in between. I won't give up trying either.

Day one for me too. I'm exhausted but still have gifts to wrap. It's a light Christmas for my girls this year, money is tight, but they are very understanding.

Christmas love to all...
Old 12-24-2014, 07:24 PM
  # 83 (permalink)  
Tired

Good evening and Merry Christmas to all.

My prayers are with all of you.

I wish you joy and happiness, but most of all, I wish you Peace.

Old 12-24-2014, 09:06 PM
  # 84 (permalink)  

Sober on Christmas Eve and doing a-ok!

Cooked dinner for the family and now everyone is sleeping or watching tv.. I am so grateful that it is a sober Christmas Eve. We will all wake up tomorrow morning feeling good. We made a healthy choice for you and all of those that love you.

Merry Christmas SR... Below is a snipet of my friend speaking to me about her sobriety. I re-read many times the last sentance as it really stuck to me.

"For me, certainly. Some people seem to have a healthy, casual relationship with it, but that's just not me, I'm not capable of that, and giving up that battle was the most kind and freeing thing I've ever done for myself."
Old 12-24-2014, 09:58 PM
  # 85 (permalink)  
...holds the key

Checking in to say goodnight.
Made it through my first event with alcohol sober and am thankful to be home safe. It was harder than I thought it would be and I'm so glad I had my mind made up before I went. If I would have left it to chance theres no way I would've made it out of there sober.

Merry Christmas everyone.
Old 12-24-2014, 10:35 PM
  # 86 (permalink)  
Hillbilly Girl

((Hugs Fabl)) Thinking of you
Old 12-24-2014, 11:26 PM
  # 87 (permalink)  
Administrator

Awesome going guys

D
Old 12-25-2014, 04:47 AM
  # 88 (permalink)  

Merry Christmas morning everyone. This may very well be the first Christmas of my adult life that I am waking up completely free of alcohol effects. I may not have drank heavily every Christmas Eve, but at this point it doesn't matter anymore, any amount of alcohol is no good for me.

Anyway, I am awake before my children and having some quiet time to reflect and center myself. Had I drank last night I would have been laying in bed unfocused, confused, overwhelmed by all that is happening in my life, and probably hating myself, yet planning how I can be sure to continue drinking today.

I am beyond grateful for all the love support, and sharing of your own experiences yesterday when I reached out. I was honestly at a point of desperation, knowing full well that if I continued drinking in response to troubles in my life, time would be lost and , frankly, I would be lost. I know one day under my belt is nothing and I've done this a million times but it's a start and it feels good, better than alcohol made me feel for the past five days, that's for sure.

Time to enjoy this special holiday with my children and prepare my home and food for my family. I am truly blessed.

Here's to a sober Christmas SR friends
Old 12-25-2014, 05:03 AM
  # 89 (permalink)  

Merry Christmas.
This is my first sober Christmas as an adult.
I am already enjoying it. Thank you SR Classmates.
Take time to spread the Christmas spirit today and throughout the year.
Enjoy.
Old 12-25-2014, 05:04 AM
  # 90 (permalink)  

Merry Christmas everyone !! I too was used to baaad Xmas AM hangovers for the past (too many) years. This year's feels GOOD!! Day 12 - everyone keep it up !!
Old 12-25-2014, 06:36 AM
  # 91 (permalink)  
...holds the key

Merry Christmas!

Day 20 and getting ready for round two with the extended family.
Hope everyone has a beautiful Christmas Day.

I am so grateful for sobriety and I know y'all are too.
Blessings to everyone.
Old 12-25-2014, 06:54 AM
  # 92 (permalink)  
Ya**!

It's a very rare thing when people can collectively come together at the most vulnerable period in their lives and treat each other not only with kindness, but love and compassion. I'm so grateful to have found this community, and so grateful to have met every single one of you. Whether it's day 1, or day 1000, each of us deserves to be here and deserves the love and support we find in this amazing place. Thank you so much everyone for being who you are and enabling others to be who they truly are. It inspires so much hope in me... Not only for sobriety but for humanity in general. I'm sorry I don't know if i have the words... Anyways,

Merry Christmas SR!!
Old 12-25-2014, 07:12 AM
  # 93 (permalink)  

Merry sober Christmas, class! I hope you all have a fabulous day!

Old 12-25-2014, 07:13 AM
  # 94 (permalink)  
Tired

Good Christmas morning to you all!

I wake up grateful for my life, for my children, for my sobriety, for my ability to smile and know that right now, I have reached the goal to make this day, a good day, in the best way I right now can. One step at a time.

My best thoughts for each of you. My prayers are with you too.
Have a good day, my fellow human beings.
Old 12-25-2014, 08:31 AM
  # 95 (permalink)  
EJP

Merry Christmas, all. Day 20.

Tomorrow is my favorite day of the year!
Old 12-25-2014, 10:30 AM
  # 96 (permalink)  

Today is my first sober birthday since I was 20 ( 38 today). Last night's sober Christmas Eve saw me drinking ginger ale instead of a sea of beer and wine I would have normally consumed to celebrate. I have had a much more focused as present time this year. Day 22 feels great!
Happy holidays to everyone- congrats on staying sober!
Old 12-25-2014, 11:33 AM
  # 97 (permalink)  

Happy Birthday! EJP!
Old 12-25-2014, 01:23 PM
  # 98 (permalink)  
Tired

Writing this out now so I can come back and read it.

Headed to my ex sis in laws house for dinner with my boys. We're still pretty close, ex won't be there. I know there will be alcohol and my AV is already sending urges to my brain which are pretty powerful. I'm mentally preparing, one way is this way here.

I do not want to drink yet that urge is strong. This is a hurdle I must ready myself to leap over. I must not forget my goal. I must let willpower and rationalization be my saving grace. I am stronger then the urge. I will prevail sober and whole within myself. I am going to eat yummy things and drink lots of ice water. It will be a good memory.

Alright, there. Now I can come back and re-read that, see if I achieve that.

I hope the rest of you are doing well today!
Old 12-25-2014, 02:11 PM
  # 99 (permalink)  
Administrator

Congratultions to everyone
Omo - we're all with you in spirit

D
Old 12-25-2014, 02:11 PM
  # 100 (permalink)  
Administrator