Notices

Class of October 2014 Part 7

Old 01-03-2015, 02:07 PM
  # 461 (permalink)  

What a fun dream, FAD! The thought makes me smile.

Stewy, I'm sorry you're working through a crummy spell. I'll be sending thoughts of peace your way today. When I get down, I tend to stop everything and get stuck in my thoughts. It helps to make myself get up and do something, any small thing on days like that. But I know that's easier said than done too. Big hugs

Speaking of feeling craptastic... It's time for me to cut caffeine folks. I think I've had 4 cups of coffee today and still feel like a zombie. It's been a nice crutch to carry me through the first couple of months, but it's definitely impacting my sleep. Booooooooooooo!

Venus, This one's for you baby girl!
(Didn't you say once that you have long hair? If so, this will be my visualization of you now. Very cool!)

Shocking Blue: Venus
Old 01-03-2015, 02:08 PM
  # 462 (permalink)  

Forgot to say... Briar, I love your drawing! And your daughter will remember that story and your work together forever. How very precious!
Old 01-03-2015, 02:20 PM
  # 463 (permalink)  

(((Conquest))) ♥♥

Yes, I have very long hair...and that video is now playing on my profile page!!!
Old 01-03-2015, 04:23 PM
  # 464 (permalink)  
02.27.15 :): ▽VII△VIII

Stewy - I'm so sorry to hear you're struggling. Please feel free to talk about it as much as you need to. The meds take time and lots of tweaking usually, so be patient. I have bipolar disorder and am waiting to hear back about a med adjustment myself, so lots of understanding here. You are also more than welcome to PM me if you'd like.

V - I love your kids' story. Very creative! Have you ever thought about doing more writing?

FAD - I hope we have that party someday. Since you have a pool, you're definitely hosting! Rain and tea sound wonderful. We are big tea drinkers in this house, I pretty much always have a mug going. I actually just replaced several of our mugs because I used to drink wine from them, and I just wanted to start fresh. I also found a great deal on the kind we like, so it was a no brainer. Anyway, today I'm trying a new green tea called Hojicha, and I really like it.

Conquest - when I quit last year (I had seven months sober before I blew it), I got majorly hooked on caffeine early on. 5-6 cups a day, and I brew it super strong. I was always jittery and dehydrated. I realized I was trying to trade one drug for another, I wanted anything that would make me feel different, even if different really meant worse. I just hated feeling like me. Not saying that's the case for you, but your mentioning that just reminded me that I had that issue. I had forgotten about it. Luckily I don't have it this time. I have one cup of coffee in the morning and tea after that, mostly green and herbal.

Looks like we're going out for sushi with our friends tonight, which will be great. Yes, I just had sushi the other night, but I could easily eat it most nights. And besides, we've never been to the place they suggested, so I'm looking forward to trying it. We've known them forever, so I'm pretty sure I'm going to tell them I've quit for good and answer their questions honestly if they have any.

My husband has given me my next assignment: apple crisp.
Old 01-03-2015, 05:23 PM
  # 465 (permalink)  

Thanks, Briar. And I hear what you're saying. It's like I'm looking for that lift. But it's not working. It's actually making me feel worse. Bleh. I'll try my peppermint tea again. It always hits the spot.

The weather is finally clearing up here. (Did you hear that, FAD? I actually saw the sun today in Texas! Woohoo!). After a good night's sleep, I'm looking forward to church, a run, and dinner with a new friend tomorrow evening. That'll be a great boost.

Right now, I'm cleaning out a closet. I started by taking everything out. Now there's shtuff everywhere and I've got to make it all fit back in somehow. Lol

Sober Saturday night fun!
Old 01-03-2015, 05:32 PM
  # 466 (permalink)  

Well if you ever make it to the south Briar, if you order tea or are offered tea it will generally be sweet iced tea. I only drink unsweetened iced tea if I drink it at all (almost scandalous here in Dixie). Conquest, we're often in Southlake and I lived in the Woodlands/Houston for a while and it seems similar there. Just now getting into the hot teas.

Still raining and my son is stuck in Atlanta as I feared. I loathe sitting in airports but it's unavoidable sometimes. En route home from our vacation this summer we spent about 20 extra unwanted hours in San Francisco and Houston.

Enjoy your dinner with friends Briar, sounds fun.
Old 01-03-2015, 06:32 PM
  # 467 (permalink)  

The south! My wife is from North Carolina so I'm very familiar. And I've noticed the coffee thing too Conquest. I'm a bit sensitive to it. I find myself drinking too much of it (of course!) One cup is really all you need. Then I switch over to some really nice teas for hydration.

Busy day today. I'm ready for bed.
Old 01-03-2015, 07:32 PM
  # 468 (permalink)  

I don't know about that Arbor, you did say North Carolina, they don't even border the gulf! Nice scenery, but they probably have hash browns rather than proper grits for breakfast.
Old 01-03-2015, 07:45 PM
  # 469 (permalink)  

God y'all make me HUNGRY. Hash browns and grits !!
Briar I crashed on the chili plan. Got kicked out of the kitchen/den for mommy yoga. Me and the "men" had a doomsday prepper marathon in the back room, practiced our survival skills on chips and cookies, while my 6 yr old critiqued the science of surviving a psunami.
I'm feelin a cheese grits attack developing for tomorrow though...
Old 01-03-2015, 07:55 PM
  # 470 (permalink)  

Oh my lord, that sushi place is a new favorite, and I am host to a giant rice bomb. I ordered a lot for myself to begin with, and then our friends (who apparently are very familiar with the menu) started ordering a bunch of things they insisted we must try. I love going out with them because they do that, so I discover lots of great new things, but oh man, I ate my weight in delicious sushi. Now I'm dying. Good call on the peppermint tea, Conquest, I've got some of that brewing.

FAD - oh yeah, I've heard of the whole sweet tea thing, forgot all about it though. I wouldn't last. I think iced tea is all right, but I don't put sugar in anything. I'm guessing I'd out myself as a Californian the minute I said, "oh, no thanks, actually do you have any loose leaf genmaicha?" And like the music stops and everyone turns around, right?

I had a moment like that when we went to Maui on our honeymoon back when I was way more health conscious. We went to the grocery store there to pick up some provisions, and in the dairy isle I blurted out "oh my god, they seriously don't have any plain, non-fat, organic greek yogurt here!" I got a bunch of amused looks, and my poor husband just shook his head and walked away like he didn't know me. Haha!
Old 01-03-2015, 08:26 PM
  # 471 (permalink)  

Smile

Originally Posted by Briar View Post

I'm guessing I'd out myself as a Californian the minute I said, "oh, no thanks, actually do you have any loose leaf genmaicha?" And like the music stops and everyone turns around, right?
Yep, that'd do it! Eyebrows would raise and in some circles you may not be received!

JL, I'm up for some cheese grits tomorrow myself.

Off to the airport...goodnight all.
Old 01-03-2015, 09:19 PM
  # 472 (permalink)  

Haha, yep! I'm no where near as bad as some of the people around here. One of my childhood friends married a yoga instructor, and she's nice as can be, but it's no use trying to feed her. Last time I offered her some sparkling cider she said "oh, no thanks, I grew my own kombucha" and produced a jar of something that looked like raw sewage. Yikes! Hey, whatever floats your boat, right?
Old 01-03-2015, 09:23 PM
  # 473 (permalink)  

How you doing, V?
Old 01-03-2015, 09:41 PM
  # 474 (permalink)  

Nervous. Scared. Teary.
I got so upset that my AV started screaming at me...so I handwashed everything I fit into right now so I can't leave the house. Sure, I could put my clothes in the dryer, but I think I can avoid that. I hope.
Old 01-03-2015, 09:45 PM
  # 475 (permalink)  

Does that make sense? Did I tell you that my surgery is tomorrow?
Old 01-03-2015, 09:50 PM
  # 476 (permalink)  

Oh V, glad I checked in before lights out. I thought your surgery was Tuesday!

Will you stay the night in hospital?
Old 01-03-2015, 10:03 PM
  # 477 (permalink)  

(((Venus))) I'm sorry you have to go through this. It just stinks! (And lots of other expletives) Good girl for doing everything you can to shut that dang AV up!

How's the voice recognition software/hardware/techy-tool working? Were you able to try it out?

Thinking of you, love. Big hugs honey.
Old 01-03-2015, 10:05 PM
  # 478 (permalink)  

Yeah I figured it was tomorrow as you're a day ahead of me here. The way you're feeling makes perfect sense. I know this is really scary, but it's going to be so good for you in the long run. Remember how relieved you and all of us were to learn that it wasn't cancer? Think how lucky you are to be having this surgery instead of chemo. I know you feel very uncomfortable and powerless right now, but this will pass, and it's going to be worth it. Don't let your AV prey on you right now. It thinks you're weak, but you're not. You CAN handle these feelings. They are normal, and it's okay to feel them. In fact, you SHOULD feel them so you can process them. You're incredibly strong to do this, and to keep yourself sober leading up to it. Hang in there, I know you can do this, and I'm grateful you're getting the treatment you need so you can heal.
Old 01-03-2015, 10:07 PM
  # 479 (permalink)  

Yeah, I tried it Conquest....but it's annoying. I will be better off just typing with one hand.
And I have to stay in for maybe a few days from...I doubt that will happen though unless they chain me to a bed. I despise hospitals.
Old 01-03-2015, 10:09 PM
  # 480 (permalink)  

Thank you Briar...and Conquest and from.

I'm not brave. I am a mess.....uncomfortable and powerless is a very good way to put it.