Notices

One Year and Over Club Part 21

Old 12-09-2014, 10:35 PM
  # 81 (permalink)  

How incredible for that little girl Jen.
Old 12-09-2014, 11:37 PM
  # 82 (permalink)  
Re-Member

Thanks Dee, Gil, and VC,

I am so frustrated. I don't know who to believe.

Wolf, I've only been at it a month. But at least yours still works even if muffled. Mine is not hearing anything. But regardless of details, yeah, I know exactly how you feel. I sure hope you start to get a resolution. I want modern medicine to show me some pizazz. We're getting fixzlee instead.

I hope your fasting tests go well.

Gil and FG,
The real critical ingredient is acetic acid, better known as vinegar. Go here and read about the uses of acetic acid: [B][B]May treat: Otitis externa · Bacterial vaginosis · Urinary bladder disease.

Otitis externa is infection of the ear canal.

Peroxide is recommended by doctors mixed with some olive oil to soften wax buildup. But never recommended when the eardrum is punctured or has a tube, or when infection is present.

V you asked about a culture and sensitivity test. Mine only grew one colony, not hundreds and thousands to cover the dish and show. Put another way, it may have just been cross contamination or it would have grown over the whole dish except around antibiotics that killed it.

Go here and look. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Agar_diffusion_test

Dot,
I would rather than apologize just learn "I" messages. More in next post, I just saw all the added posts when I picked up again. I am in time limited edit mode.
Old 12-09-2014, 11:46 PM
  # 83 (permalink)  

I haven't said ~ but I have major problems with my left ear and my jaw. (TMJ).
I can hear, but I have constant pain in my jaw and teeth and ear. All part of the damage I have done to myself from years of self-abuse, and the stress it has caused.

So I really feel for you guys....

V xx
Old 12-10-2014, 12:09 AM
  # 84 (permalink)  
Re-Member

Dot,
You need to learn "I" message construction and use them to say what you feel andd why but most importantly they always end with "I would like" then tell them what you would like them to do instead of the offending action.
I-message - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Rread when to try "I" messages here: I-Messages and You-Messages | Beyond Intractability

i statement exercises - Bing Videos

Practice I messages or statements, they really work.

Jen,
That is so fulfilling to hear about the child's world opening up, and I can only imagine how thrilling to be apart of making it happen.

Jen, we all get tired, but practice makes perfect. If I have folks wanting to learn, in person, after an hour class, then doing home assignments to get comfortable using
"I" messages, by the third hour they have it down pat.

Mags,
We don't do children anymore so it sets us on edge when ill behaved children are allowed free reign too.

Cut him (or her or me) a sprout is like saying give him (or her or me ) a break.

Everybody remember that conflict in any group of two or more is inevitable. What distinguishes good conflict resolution is how we actually handle conflict. Conflict is natural and can be healthy if resolved in a win win.
Old 12-10-2014, 12:51 AM
  # 85 (permalink)  

Hey everyone, so it seems that I'm going through the breakup that I've been putting off for months. I am realizing now how much I was leaning on him, what a huge part of my life he was and how I wasn't presesnt fully in my life here because I was so tethered to him. I was terrified to let go. It is really hurtful thinking of h im with another woman, but it's also freed me to be a full member of my own life. Not just a bystander. I so needed to move on, and I know that he did too.

The radio station is giving me more responsibility, I'm responsible for programming while the bosses are away for Christmas holiday for two weeks! Eep. I was going to go to Budapest sooner than later but I'm thinking I will see this internship through. Money is a problem though, as usual. Sigh.
Old 12-10-2014, 12:58 AM
  # 86 (permalink)  
Sober date 5/1/13

Good morning Overs.

Hugs to all, although it better remain a cyber hug as my cold has infected my sinuses. Itchy and Wolfie move over a bit.
Old 12-10-2014, 12:58 AM
  # 87 (permalink)  

What joy about that little girl, Jeni!

I think an apology would be good, too. It would definitely thaw any chill that might have formed. Just ponder and pray about it so that you genuinely mean it from the bottom of your heart. And resist any urge to say, "I'm sorry, but..."

InPar, I'm sorry you won't get to Budapest soon, but glad that your internship is working so well.

Treerat, I'm sorry about your sinus pain! Hope you feel better soon.
Old 12-10-2014, 12:59 AM
  # 88 (permalink)  

(((InPar))) ♥♥♥

Recently went through a big break up too.
You are making decisions for yourself now, and that is a really powerful step.

Love V xx
Old 12-10-2014, 01:20 AM
  # 89 (permalink)  

And hello Andy love! ♥♥♥
Old 12-10-2014, 02:44 AM
  # 90 (permalink)  
Sober date 5/1/13

Totally off topic

Gilmer I've just spotted you live in Ashburn. In 1600-ish a man was made to change his name from Ashburner to his fiancées name (my surname) before Pop would let them marry.

Said it was OT
Old 12-10-2014, 03:22 AM
  # 91 (permalink)  

That's funny. What is OT?
Old 12-10-2014, 03:59 AM
  # 92 (permalink)  
Sober date 5/1/13

OT - off topic

Just had a phone call from my manic depressive (my diagnosis) brother in law. Who wanted to buy me a case of non-alcoholic beer. I said no thank you and explained that I am an alcoholic. He said he never had a clue and that he is trying to go dry too because it messes with his mental health. We are going to support each other sobriety.
Old 12-10-2014, 04:04 AM
  # 93 (permalink)  

I'm sure he will really benefit from your solidity and accumulated wisdom.
Old 12-10-2014, 06:15 AM
  # 94 (permalink)  

Hi Overs,

Only time for a quick pop in hello this morning. Certainly a lot of life on life's terms going on here. I do hope that everyone is doing well in their sobriety and recovery program(s). For me, staying sober must remain the most important thing in my life...ever day. If I can accomplish just that one thing, so much else becomes possible.

Life, work and play have me quite busy these days. This weekend I am spending one day with my oldest daughter who has an 8 month bump. The other day has quite the exciting rendezvous planned with an out of the area recovery friend. Our busy agenda includes attending two AA meetings. Should be a great weekend.

Last night I realized that one of my headlights is out and I am off to buy and replace it. I watched a couple youtube vids on how and it seems doable even for this not so handyman. The real beef is needing to do it in the cold...brrrrrrrr. Doing it outside in the cold is not as much fun as it was in my younger years . Hey, I decided to clean the cover at the same time. Bopped around the google on it and it seems the preferred "easy" method is toothpaste. Haha, I will be happy to report my success, or lack there of tomorrow.

One last quickie. Our good friend DG is on an SR break in the action. However, her recovery remains intact and as strong as ever. Yesterday marked 20 months for her. So, Drummer Girl, wherever you are, here is a BIG congrats shout out from a fan!

Enjoy today, Overs.

Carlos
Old 12-10-2014, 06:15 AM
  # 95 (permalink)  

Deleted this

Simply a double post.

Actually, if you could see me now, I am doing a little song and dance number for you...Trust Me on that.
Old 12-10-2014, 08:43 AM
  # 96 (permalink)  
Magsie

Jeni, how amazing. The young girl has a life line, that's so uplifting , I'm sure your job brings great rewards.x

Last edited by Mags1; 12-10-2014 at 08:43 AM. Reason: Spelling.
Old 12-10-2014, 08:50 AM
  # 97 (permalink)  

Congratulations, DG!
Old 12-10-2014, 12:11 PM
  # 98 (permalink)  
Do your best

My brother relapsed over last weekend and has been staying with me i was up late last night and didnt get to bed till 2am

i picked up my new ear drops they are new and anti fungal i really hope they work i have put cotton wool in my ear, i am fasting again again so i can do the bloodtests in the morning

my brother is being very cranky today he told me he works harder on his sobriety than i do i didnt say anything i wanted to laugh (this is the 3rd relapse that i know of since i got sober there could be more) i gave him a early xmas gift a book the chimp paradox i think and hope hel find something in them pages

we bought some food and i paid some bills and we went home

he had a bath and some dinner and is calmer now

my gf is home tonight and that makes me happy

so its past 8 now so im fasting again for tomorrow

itch if i get success il definatly let you know

hello to all the other overs sorry im not replying to everyone ive had a migraine and this is my only post of the day like the only post

going to chat with brother then cuddle up with mrs soberwolf

i wish you all well and see you all soon
Old 12-10-2014, 01:14 PM
  # 99 (permalink)  
Administrator

sleep well SW

Congratulations DG

D
Old 12-10-2014, 02:09 PM
  # 100 (permalink)  

Soberwolf - hope it goes well second time around!

WTG DG!

Good meeting this evening, thank god Life otherwise is driving me a little crazy!