Notices

Class of April 2014 Part 17

Old 12-04-2014, 12:43 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  

Hi all,

Just checking in before I sneak off to bed.

Hope everyone's day has gone well.
Old 12-04-2014, 03:10 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  

Morning Fools.........

Obo's on paid leave until 2nd Jan. YES!

Knee not too bad. Pain day after day certainly gets you down. AS a NET teacher here, you get 28 paid sick days a year.
Before this gig I've never really had a job, I've done a few bits and pieces but never with super and tax and sick leave,

I keep thinking of going home, everyday I idealise home and the life we would ideally lead.
It's not the reality, my wife has informed me.
Money is the issue.

Obo's never really worried about much other than himself and the bottle.
Now there's Mrs Obo and baby Obo on the way.
It's all I've ever wanted, but now it's all on me, I have to provide here for the family, I cant muck this up.
Strewth!

Obo has a good job here, but the heart and the house in in Melbourne.
Need to make money to support a family but not here.......

Mrs Obo and I had a frank discussion on cash, how much we need just for the move, mortgage, etc...
I can't afford to leave......
mmm

It's never easy!

Hope all the fools are well.

stay tuned............
Old 12-04-2014, 03:19 PM
  # 23 (permalink)  

Hi Fools,
I really didn't mean to be gone for so long. I'm not caught up on posts at all, so I don't know what's going on with any of you, I apologize, but I hope you are all well.
Things are busy for me right now. My Texas show went really well, and I'm almost on the 3rd weekend of my local show, which is going ok so far, but not much better than that yet.
The show I'm doing now is pretty much where I started doing opiates, which I hadn't thought about at all until someone offered me some oxys there last weekend. I didn't accept the offer, but it really surprised me, and I was definitely thinking about them for the rest of the weekend. I kept thinking about how good I would feel if I just had a little boost... I didn't expect to feel that way, I thought the reality of how bad it felt to get off them would be a long term deterrent, but I found myself kind of wanting that feeling again. I guess I need to always be on guard. I was glad I declined the offer, and continue to be so, but the pull I felt toward them really caught me off guard. As of Tuesday it's been 8 months since my last pill, and I don't ever want to go back to that reality.
I'm hoping to find time to get caught up on here, I've missed you all.
Old 12-04-2014, 03:25 PM
  # 24 (permalink)  

Hi Adna, great to hear from you!!!!
Congrats on 8 months..........!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 12-04-2014, 05:44 PM
  # 25 (permalink)  
Administrator

enjoy the break Obo...sorry that 'Home' will have to wait but life sounds pretty good anyway?

great to see you Adna - I think your response was great - you didn;t give in and you got through it
Old 12-04-2014, 11:00 PM
  # 26 (permalink)  

Good morning everyone,

Adna, it's lovely to hear you're doing so well. 8 months is fabulous
Well done for not allowing that thought to fester.

Obo, I don't know how long you've been in HK. I was very unhappy when I moved jobs 3 years ago, but over time I've come to enjoy most of it. I did read copious amounts of books and articles on "how to enjoy your work", which probably changed the way I was perceiving the job. The other thought is to keep looking and applying for any jobs that come up in the Melbourne area, and use your current job as a way to gain as much experience as possible.
In the meantime, enjoy your rest at the moment!

This weekend I'm going to start making preparations for Christmas. I'm really excited about having my family over. knowing that I won't be worrying about drinking has made me feel lighter about the whole scenario. In the past Christmas was just an excuse to avoid people and drink. I spent Christmas day in a sort of stupor, just half awake (and that wasn't my best half either!)

This Christmas I will be fully present for whatever happens.
Old 12-05-2014, 08:04 AM
  # 27 (permalink)  
Hillbilly Girl

Great to hear from you Adna & fabulous going on 8 months

Enjoy your time off Obo & take good care of that Knee

Have a great Friday everyone!
Old 12-05-2014, 11:52 AM
  # 28 (permalink)  

Hi all,
I'm in a bit of slump for some reason, not sure why. I think I need to fit in more exercise in to my day, too much sitting and thinking doesn't do me any good.
Hopefully I'll feel more energetic tomorrow.

Hope everyone else is feeling brighter than me today.
Old 12-05-2014, 12:39 PM
  # 29 (permalink)  
Hillbilly Girl

Hi Freein - Hope the blues lift soon & wish you a great week-end
Old 12-05-2014, 05:15 PM
  # 30 (permalink)  
Formerly ScrewdUpInDe

Good to hear from you adna. Good job on turning down the pill, I know what you mean about wanting that feeling back. Also congrats on the 8 months.

Obo, hope you continue to improve in your recovery. Enjoy your time off, however you can. I hope the job/home situation works out for you.

Hope your energy comes back soon free.

Mariah, soli, chick, Dee and everyone else, I hope you are all doing well.
Old 12-05-2014, 06:33 PM
  # 31 (permalink)  
Hillbilly Girl

Home for the night....so glad its Friday. I'm snuggling in with some tea & going to watch the last couple episodes of Parenthood. I have a date with my Grandson tomorrow to watch Penguins of Madagascar at the theater.....I'm so excited for that

I have been thinking of you all.....finding a lot of strength from those of you who hitting milestones in your sobriety....Obo, Adna, Freein.....TS, Up, Dee.....You have come so far & really do inspire me to move forward & hold on tight. Thank You!

Hope to hear from ALL our fools soon!
Old 12-05-2014, 06:47 PM
  # 32 (permalink)  
Administrator

all hunky dory here guys

Have a great weekend

D
Old 12-05-2014, 08:01 PM
  # 33 (permalink)  

Thinking of you all. Made it to day 50. We got an incubator today! .....watch out chickchick is gonna havery more chicks soon. lol.
I hope you all have a fabulous weekend. I am totally in for the fools bargain.
Old 12-05-2014, 08:04 PM
  # 34 (permalink)  
Blood Countess

Hi all!!

I have missed so much, I don't know if I can even begin to catch up.

I promised my sobriety counselour (I finally saw him again, yay!) that between now and my next apointment in the very beginning of January, that I will go to two AA meetings. SCAAAAAAARY. But, I will do it!!!

I've been thinking a lot this week about uncomfortable feelings/thoughts. Being able to just feel them, and not run out and hide them with alcohol (or food, or whatever). I have to learn how to be able to feel miserable even, if it's because I'm not avoiding my feelings anymore.

I've been thinking that A = B, as in Feeling this way (or this event or craving happening) automatically leads to B (drinking, binging) and so I'm always scared of A because I feel it leads directly to B.

But NOOOO. It doesn't have to work that way. A = B in that A is a negative feeling or event, and then B is... a negative feeling or thought, and that's it. Then if I want, I can work on C, which will hopefully be doing something positive about what I am feeling or thinking. But B should be that buffer, in there. B is where all the scary feelings are!! A happens, then I might feel B.... no need to rush off into the doing something harmful, and skip B. Because then my C will not be a positive action, but a negative reaction that loops back to A....and once in A again, I fear B, so rush to a negative C.... omg I'm going crazy with this, haha.

So instead, A, then B.... then if I actually deal with B, I can create a positive C, which will move on to D...ahahahahahaha okay I should stop talking now.

So anyway - hi everyone.
Old 12-05-2014, 08:04 PM
  # 35 (permalink)  
Hillbilly Girl

50 days is AWESOME Chick Chick!! Congrats
Old 12-05-2014, 08:05 PM
  # 36 (permalink)  
Blood Countess

Yay for day 50, chickchick!!!!!
Old 12-05-2014, 08:06 PM
  # 37 (permalink)  
Hillbilly Girl

So glad to see you post Luce.....Missed you too
Old 12-05-2014, 08:38 PM
  # 38 (permalink)  
Administrator

congratulations Chick

great to see you Luc!

D
Old 12-05-2014, 11:05 PM
  # 39 (permalink)  

Congratulations Chickchick,

Great to hear from you Luc, your ABC's made me smile this morning. (after I read it a few times!), I found it all made perfect sense! It's a great way to look at it.

I'm off to town today to do some Christmas shopping. Also meeting up with a friend for lunch, so it should be an enjoyable day.

I'm in for the Fools Bargain too.
Old 12-05-2014, 11:27 PM
  # 40 (permalink)  

Congrats on all the milestones! Chick and Adna! I'm reading but going to sleep now. In the middle of finals. Exhausting. Will write more over the weekend, but surely here for the fool's bargain. Hope all is well and thank you for all the wonderful comments!