Notices

Class of October 2014 Part 5

Old 11-20-2014, 02:24 AM
  # 201 (permalink)  

Thanks for the link Venus x

I woke up a few times last night didn't get my 8+ hours sleep with my vivid dreams (though they do seem to be calming a little ) sooo I am tired brain doesn't work at all and cranky think keeping a low profile be a good move today lol.
Old 11-20-2014, 02:33 AM
  # 202 (permalink)  

Just take care of yourself today.
As least always tells me ~ treat yourself like you would treat someone you love dearly.
Pamper. Rest. Have some 'you' time.

And by the way...it is really cool to hear that I am not the only one who needs their 8 hours. I love my sleep!

V xx
Old 11-20-2014, 02:36 AM
  # 203 (permalink)  

Re the PAWs site...oops, sorry. Dee's link is way better.
Old 11-20-2014, 04:03 AM
  # 204 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by venuscat View Post
And by the way...it is really cool to hear that I am not the only one who needs their 8 hours. I love my sleep!

V xx
Me too V, need my solid 8 and more is A-OK too. Those energizer bunnies that run on a few hours make me really tired just listening to their overachievements, LOL.
Old 11-20-2014, 04:43 AM
  # 205 (permalink)  

I'm glad you made out ok conquest. I despise the poking and prodding of dentists too.

One of the neatest things I have had the pleasure of witnessing on this page is the change in a lot of you. Most of us were rambling, babbling, all over the place emotional disasters not that long ago. It's really neat to see the conversations turn more selfless and, I don't know, "normal"?

I like to go back and see my first posts. Yikes! Great reminder of what I am changing from and why I can no longer drink.

Jennifer
Old 11-20-2014, 04:45 AM
  # 206 (permalink)  

Conquest , very glad the dentist visit went ok!
50 miles ! Iron woman ! I cannot get over that ! Awesome, lady, just awesome. I always say I wish I were more of a runner, but life, kids, job woes have always choked out the time.
You know. What I just said was crap. My inability to focus due to the alcoholic mind, is more like it. I have treadmill at home. Maybe I can figure a way to keep the kids off me for 20-30 to start again.
Whew 50 miles is inspiring.
Old 11-20-2014, 04:46 AM
  # 207 (permalink)  

Jen my first posts were absolutely scary. Repeated hangovers damaged me.
Old 11-20-2014, 04:49 AM
  # 208 (permalink)  

Thanks for the PAWS link, Dee!

Have a beautiful day, SR friends.
Old 11-20-2014, 05:38 AM
  # 209 (permalink)  

Good morning. I hope everyone has a great day!
Old 11-20-2014, 05:41 AM
  # 210 (permalink)  

You too chick chick. Out to feed my chicky lickies. And my turkeys. It's freeeeeeezing here

Jennifer
Old 11-20-2014, 06:38 AM
  # 211 (permalink)  

Good Morning. Caching up. Took a nigh toff. Too much on the computer so I just chilled watching TV with the kids and turned in early. Had a flu shot and I think it is making me tired a wee bit achy.

But another day sober. I woke at 5am, and never fell back to sleep. Put me in the needs a solid 7-8 hours club. Solid is key. I wake up a few times a night. I drink too much water!

I have to prepare for a meeting with dd's guidance counselor. I have some questions about her plan and some difficulty she is having. Going in to advocate. A bit anxious. I feel like I get a song and dance and then nothing ever changes. I am not a big complainer. I try to trust the process, but then, go in and talk here and there when it seems to be failing or forgotten. Maybe I need to be more assertive. That is the part that makes m anxious.
Old 11-20-2014, 06:52 AM
  # 212 (permalink)  

Phoebe your daughter is lucky to have such a caring Mum hope you can sort any problems out with her plan in school. I am the same with making a fuss but you know what's best for her and she deserves all the help she's entitled too go girl maybe treat yourself to a little something after whether it's a hour to yourself to do something you enjoy or a little treat. Hope all goes well for you both.
Old 11-20-2014, 07:03 AM
  # 213 (permalink)  

Thank you, Tiredofme.
Old 11-20-2014, 08:07 AM
  # 214 (permalink)  

Hi all

just a quick check-in today
Another busy morning before work but a happy to be sober one.

all the best to my classmates
Old 11-20-2014, 11:40 AM
  # 215 (permalink)  
02.27.15 :): ▽VII△VIII

Here's my song for today:

One Republic Lyrics - Stop and Stare - YouTube
Old 11-20-2014, 11:41 AM
  # 216 (permalink)  

Oh "expletive", "expletive", "expletive"! That was a close one!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm shattered.

Up early this morning (5:00am), and went selling in a town square market. It was a lovely day, bright blue skies and cool, crisp air. We sold quite well, people seemed to be in good cheer, we got on well with our neighbouring traders and everything was alright, ya know.

Packed up our stuff and went into a bar with a trader friend of ours. She was struggling with some online selling stuff, so I helped her out over a coffee in the bar and everything was ok. No problem being in a bar. Just coffee and helping a friend out.

So then Mrs S and I went to the store to get some provisions. Hissed at the poison aisle, as usual, when she said she fancied a bottle of wine. (She's an adult and can do whatever she wants to, so please don't denounce her out of hand.)

Oh "expletive", did my AV ever start at me!!!!!!!!

It was absolutely screaming and using every tactic it could. I came so close to capitulating without even a fight. It would have been so easy to reach out and put that half bottle of vodka into my shopping basket. After all, Mrs S was drinking, I'd worked hard, I'd made a bit of money, hell I deserved it and it's only a half bottle etc. etc. etc.

Then from somewhere, barely audible beneath the "expletive" AV's thunderous roar came a little voice "don't do it, Sparkos".

I didn't think, nor fight any more. Handed Mrs S the cash to pay for the goods and walked straight out of the store and into my car.

I know it's a victory, but on the way home after the initial euphoria of the success, I realised that I was so, so close.
Old 11-20-2014, 11:43 AM
  # 217 (permalink)  
Rico1983

Hi class of Octsober.. I haven't posted in over a month. But, I'm happy to say it's my 30th day sober!

My court case was settled yesterday and I'm happy that chapter of my life is over. Time to open a new (sober) chapter. Ready for another sober weekend too

Yay us!

Sent from my iPhone using SoberRecovery

Old 11-20-2014, 12:33 PM
  # 218 (permalink)  

Hi Guys. Haven't posted in awhile...But i am 49 days sober today.

Cravings have crept up on me the past couple of days...But i'm getting by.

Hope you're all well.
Old 11-20-2014, 12:49 PM
  # 219 (permalink)  

Well done Sparkos for getting through a tricky situation yay you.
Old 11-20-2014, 12:50 PM
  # 220 (permalink)  

Great to hear from you Rico congratulations on day 30