Class of August 2014 Part 12

Old 11-05-2014, 05:55 PM
  # 41 (permalink)  
Administrator

Congratulations to you too Choobie - and Happy Birthday 1step

D
Old 11-05-2014, 06:02 PM
  # 42 (permalink)  

London, choobie and pink way to kick it!! Apple and knb, you are back in stride now and that has to feel awesome!

Brach, rah, one step, clear eyes, blackbird - time to check in kids! Also, going off memory on names, so check in if you haven't! It is important as the AV sneaks up on you easier when you don't.

My eye is on February which will be six months. An all time record and it actually seems within reach. Next goal will be one year.

Get better pink. I have a wicked chest and head cold too. Sure beats a hangover any day. Imaging how many good days were lost by self inflicted sickness. Crazy behaviors weren't they? Wash your hands, eat right, take vitamins, exercise, and then , come home Friday and drink poison so you can spend your days off with flu like symptoms that you drank yourself into.

Goodnight A team. Life is good.

Contemplate your new freedom tonight. Go deep inside and truly appreciate it from your soul.
Old 11-05-2014, 06:02 PM
  # 43 (permalink)  

Happy birthday 1 step!
Old 11-05-2014, 06:21 PM
  # 44 (permalink)  

Happy bday 1step!!

There's a lot of predictable stress with this wedding this weekend as it's my sister. Lots of details, gotta get my kids there and dressed and willing. Speech. Etc etc blah blah blah.

I KNOW I need to not drink. And yet AV is feeding off of this. Whispering to me to take my 2 hrs tomorrow while kids are at preschool and stock up on sneaky drinks rather than sparkling juice and coconut water.

Gotta shut it down!!!!! Shove it, AV!

And yes we need some check ins y'all. Need to get the board cranking.
Old 11-05-2014, 06:24 PM
  # 45 (permalink)  
Administrator

Maybe try and think past the weekend Applekat - think about Monday morning and who you want to be then, and how you'd prefer to feel

D
Old 11-05-2014, 06:31 PM
  # 46 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by determined99 View Post
London, choobie and pink way to kick it!! Apple and knb, you are back in stride now and that has to feel awesome!

Brach, rah, one step, clear eyes, blackbird - time to check in kids! Also, going off memory on names, so check in if you haven't! It is important as the AV sneaks up on you easier when you don't.

My eye is on February which will be six months. An all time record and it actually seems within reach. Next goal will be one year.

Get better pink. I have a wicked chest and head cold too. Sure beats a hangover any day. Imaging how many good days were lost by self inflicted sickness. Crazy behaviors weren't they? Wash your hands, eat right, take vitamins, exercise, and then , come home Friday and drink poison so you can spend your days off with flu like symptoms that you drank yourself into.

Goodnight A team. Life is good.

Contemplate your new freedom tonight. Go deep inside and truly appreciate it from your soul.
February is right around the corner! Fantastic and achievable goal. Looking forward to celebrating your success!
Old 11-05-2014, 07:42 PM
  # 47 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Dee74 View Post

Captain I'm not American but from what I read on these forums your personal medical information seems pretty secure to me.

D
Neither am I Dee

But I understand my records are secure here in the UK as well. I'm just worried about the future. There's currently a criminal records check for most jobs. What if they decide to introduce a medical records check in the future?
Old 11-05-2014, 07:57 PM
  # 48 (permalink)  

Day 4 today. I've been catching up on posts. I like the idea of setting a goal. I'm going to think about it and find a goal that will motivate me.
Old 11-05-2014, 08:01 PM
  # 49 (permalink)  
Administrator

Sorry Captain - but I'm even more sure that records under the NHS have a lot of safeguards to them.
the UK is a member of the European parliament now - I can't see a scenario anytime soon where those privacy rights would be eroded

D
Old 11-05-2014, 08:31 PM
  # 50 (permalink)  

Ugh it's 4am and I feel dreadful. Am up for more medication and can't get back to sleep. Hoping that everyone around the world of Sr is safe and sober xx
Old 11-05-2014, 09:31 PM
  # 51 (permalink)  

I've been up since 3am Pink. Decided to have a nap yesterday ended up sleeping for 10 hours! Just had no desire to get out of bed. Good thing is I didn't get to drink.
Old 11-05-2014, 09:34 PM
  # 52 (permalink)  

well done for not drinking captain, that's good work :-)
Old 11-05-2014, 09:59 PM
  # 53 (permalink)  
Administrator

really glad to hear that Captain

D
Old 11-05-2014, 11:01 PM
  # 54 (permalink)  

Just a question, what other forms of recovery are people on here using?

I need something else. Tried AA again a couple of days ago and still hated it.

There is counselling but I got to the end of my sessions and I don't know if I can still go. That's what helped me to get to 62 days.
Old 11-05-2014, 11:09 PM
  # 55 (permalink)  

Morning all

Rest up pink and take care of yourself. I am sure it will pass soon.

Just heading off to work. Wishing everyone a great day.

Captain, well done for not drinking. I am sure there are some heavy rules here around access to medical records by an employer, and it can only be requested in limited circumstances and you have the right to see it an amend it if so. I have got help for my stuff from the NHS and decided not to worry about the possibility.
Old 11-05-2014, 11:37 PM
  # 56 (permalink)  
Administrator

Depending on where you are there may be a SMART or LifeRing meeting around, Captain.

SMART Recovery - SMART Recovery UK

LifeRing UK - LifeRing

D
Old 11-06-2014, 03:31 AM
  # 57 (permalink)  

Good morning,

Happy Belated Birthday, 1Step. Please check in.

Pink and Determined, hope you both feel better soon.

Apple, you need to arm yourself agains the AV; think how you will feel if you do something foolish while drinking at your sister's wedding, in front of everyone, including your kids. If they are having it filmed, think how you want to look FOREVER in your sister's wedding film. You can do it.

I am off to the Y, then for a manicure, pedicure and lunch with a few women from the Y.

Have a happy, safe and sober day everyone.
Old 11-06-2014, 03:44 AM
  # 58 (permalink)  

I just did a quick check, starting on Sunday, 11/02. As far as I can tell, all Team August members have posted at least once since then except for Glandon, (who is probably still on retreat,) Napster and Ph7.
Old 11-06-2014, 04:33 AM
  # 59 (permalink)  

Scooter - I'm one of those who have little problem with behaving on the front lines but rewarding myself after the fact. Pathetic I know.

My kiddos and sister will get me through the wedding just fine. I won't let them down. It's the rambunctious rehearsal dinner and then the "after" it all late Saturday night that tempt me.

Morning of day 7. Phew.

I'm not sure about what goal to give myself. For the near term it's to get through to Monday - day 11. Then what, I'm not sure.
Old 11-06-2014, 05:01 AM
  # 60 (permalink)  

Good morning! Start of day 5. Feeling pretty good but tired. Within the next few days I am going to define goals for myself. I have to give it some thought. Plenty of great ideas in people's posts.