Administrator

Class of November 2014 Part 2

Continues from here:

http://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/...2014-a-20.html

D
Old 11-11-2014, 06:09 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Administrator

Looks like the chat room is filling up...anyone who wants to hit the recovery meeting

D
Old 11-11-2014, 06:10 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
not a greeter

Welcome new peeps . I'm on day 17 myself... No cravings or thoughts of drinking. I feel much better than those first few days after a binge that ended my latest...1 1/2 year stint at sobriety. I was rough and shakey, scared and depressed, full of self loathing. Feeling stronger, hopeful, proactive. I'm not a big fan of AA but have been going to different meetings for support. I also bought a few new books on Buddhist 12 step recovery to read while I recuperate. I think it might jive better with my yoga mind with is in addition to my RC mind.

Surgery tomorrow morning. They want me there at 6am. Pretty sure tomorrow will be a sober day too .
Old 11-11-2014, 06:11 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Administrator

Best wishes for tomorrow Gyps
Drop us an update when you can!

D
Old 11-11-2014, 06:18 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
not a greeter

Will do Dee. And thank you!

* refraining from the obvious lol
Old 11-11-2014, 06:35 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Professional zombie fighter

Go everybody! We're just gaining people all over the place

I'm just checking in. Today was no easier but ... All that stuff I learned about yesterday helped. Maybe I'm not doomed just because I'm spending most of every day actively craving alcohol and going back and forth and ... Ugh. Maybe.

Anyway, positivity, let's try that ... Good thing today: I wasn't tired. I don't know when the last time that happened was. Not in ... Years?
Old 11-11-2014, 07:02 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
HFA

Wow part 2 already!!!!
Just checking in, been mega busy at work and home. Havent had time to check in. Im doing well, im on day 11. SO was out of town for 2 days but I did not drink. Go me.....
Old 11-11-2014, 07:27 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

I hope all goes well, Gypsy.
Old 11-11-2014, 08:57 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Good luck Gypsy!

Good night all. Day 3 coming to a close. I was tired today and craving a drink pretty bad. I didn't make it to a meeting. But I called an AA friend to talk and that helped.

This was one of those sober days where I definitely couldn't have made it through drunk (for work).

Have a great night everyone, or day for our friends across the International Date Line
Old 11-12-2014, 02:56 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Hi class, day 11 here now. Been feeling pretty low over the last week, nothing to do with drinking just the gloomy winter weather, a bit of a cold bug nd family stuff, it'll pass though. Haven't had any temptation to drink so still feeling good over that, going to keep extra vigilant for any we whispers from my AV kicking in. Welcome to all the newcomers that have joined recently. Have a good day everyone. Peace X
Old 11-12-2014, 04:28 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Hello Novembers, day 14 here and feeling pretty darn good about it. Back to work today after four peaceful days off, the last two days I was hunkered down as a snowstorm blasted through. Amazing how productive I am when alcohol is not an option, yet I also enjoyed plenty of down time reading and watching movies.

To the new people, stay close to SR., it really helps. Meditation also helps you recognize your addictive and repetitive thoughts and stop them before you act on them.

Have a great day!
Old 11-12-2014, 04:38 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  
I will NOT drink to that!

Day 15 for me!! I have noticed that my cravings are going down. I'm not thinking about having that drink right after my daughter goes to bed. I am also noticing that I am not as "bored" in the evenings, not that being drunk is very exciting. LOL!

Feeling good & in control!
Old 11-12-2014, 04:52 AM
  # 13 (permalink)  
Say cheese!

Day 15 as well. Took daughter out for a coffee this morning and treated her to new jumper. It's not that I don't normally spoil her I do but was different was I was sober and actually had the money for it in stead of my husband paying for it. So good job everyone have good day xxxx
Old 11-12-2014, 05:02 AM
  # 14 (permalink)  

Had a dream last night about drinking, however I am still sober and focused. Will make plans tonight for weekend.
Old 11-12-2014, 05:11 AM
  # 15 (permalink)  

Great job everyone! I'm so impressed with all the folks hitting 2 weeks and more.

Just checking in - Day 3 for me. Heading off to a work meeting.

Last night as I was driving home, I noticed that I am still feeling very resolved and unwilling to drink. It's almost like there is a shield up against the AV -- pretty sure that shield is this forum, so thank you!
Old 11-12-2014, 05:12 AM
  # 16 (permalink)  

I caved in and got a six pack of beer. 5pm on day 3, about 69hrs into abstinence.
Hope to be back soon.
Stay strong guys.
Old 11-12-2014, 05:29 AM
  # 17 (permalink)  

Be back soon please Sober32. You can get back up again!
Old 11-12-2014, 05:41 AM
  # 18 (permalink)  

Day 7 complete!!!!! Starting day #8!!!! This has truly been one of the hardest things I've ever done.....hanging in there though!!! One day at a time....
Old 11-12-2014, 05:50 AM
  # 19 (permalink)  

Hello peeps. Happy Wednesday.

I had back to back meetings all day today and had to get organised in advance. Luckily I have the energy to do it in the mornings now.

But I'm finding myself sapped by the afternoon these days. I have a severe 3 pm dip, after which I can barely function. I struggle all afternoon till about 7 pm, have dinner and then my head clears a little bit. But I still feel spacey until bedtime. Is anyone else feeling like this? I am on Day 8 and have been this way for about 3 days.
Old 11-12-2014, 06:37 AM
  # 20 (permalink)  

MissPerfumado, I feel that slump often. Sometimes, I am able to go take a nap, as I am a stay at home mom presently. I am using a SAD light as I type. I think, when I tried that last year, it helped me with that slump.

Glad to be sober each morning. The best time of my day to reflect on the positive effect of sobriety. waking up not feeling so sick and groggy, or even worse with a hangover. But I have been tired, in general.

Today, I have been up since 6:10, and have made a big pot of healthy soup. Creamy kale and cauliflower, seasoned with ginger, some fresh squeezed juice from a lime, and a little Tamari. It has some celery, garlic, and onions in it too. Chicken stock. It is ok. Healthy and palatable, but not a pizza. I like soups. Hot liquids are satisfying.

I also post in the October group. I tried the chat meeting last night and they had a prompt. How have you rebuilt your sober life. So, I am trying to use that to imagine, and plan my sober life, rebuild. Get back to things I once loved but have forgotten. Recall my standards and values, and realize how I have compromised many of those to allow myself to drink. A lot to consider.