Notices

Class of October 2014

Old 10-05-2014, 06:45 AM
  # 121 (permalink)  

Morning all and welcome to all the newcomers! I had a wonderful time at Cirque du Soliel last night, as usual they put on a first class performance. I was talking with my boyfriend about going to see more shows and performances or eating at a fancy restaurant... with the obscene amount of money spent on booze back in my bank account I will be able to afford it.... not everyday of course but certainly once or twice a month. It would be a way to reward myself for working hard and staying sober and something to look forward to! I figure I've been spending $400-$500 a month! That's pretty much all of my disposable income.... no wonder why I can't get out of debt.

Findingtheway, sounds like you went through a terrifying experience! It must of been really scary to wake up in the hospital... sorry you went through that. Good for you for treating it as a catalyst to change your life.

Tiredofme, congrats on winning last night!

Fridgy, Happy Birthday!
Old 10-05-2014, 11:10 AM
  # 122 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by SansaS View Post
Well done dunsuppin. I'm on day 7 too. Are you feeling cranky? I'm so depressed and angry
Not depressed but definitely cranky, drove 3 miles and in that short space hooted the horn twice and gesticulated wildly at least once. Home now, feeling very tired indeed, far too early to go to bed yet so going to watch some TV. Hope you are feeling better SansS x
Old 10-05-2014, 11:16 AM
  # 123 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by zenchaser View Post
Morning all and welcome to all the newcomers!

Findingtheway, sounds like you went through a terrifying experience! It must of been really scary to wake up in the hospital... sorry you went through that. Good for you for treating it as a catalyst to change your life.

Tiredofme, congrats on winning last night!

Fridgy, Happy Birthday!
I second all of the above! Fab post Zen, the extra money is such a bonus isnt it. So glad you had a great time and have lots more to look forward too. Signing off for another day, one week done.. can't believe it x
Old 10-05-2014, 12:20 PM
  # 124 (permalink)  

My ex husband and my oldest son are fighting again...... My ex can be a nasty tyrant of a man and I have sooooooo much guilt about leaving him for those reasons and then sending my children into the snake pit. I just had it out with him and told him that my son being difficult and angry at him is his own fault, that is a mirror reflecting back at him. I also told him that both my son and I would like for him to live here with me. Needless to say my ex is not impressed.... I have poked the hornets nest but it needed to be said. This is the exact kind of situation I would drink about. But I'm not going to.
Old 10-06-2014, 12:51 AM
  # 125 (permalink)  

Stay strong zen chaser and whatever you do, don't drink!
Old 10-06-2014, 12:58 AM
  # 126 (permalink)  
Just another Pickle Man

Checking in, 10/6/2014 Clean Date!
Old 10-06-2014, 02:32 AM
  # 127 (permalink)  

also checking in, day 8 start of week 2...absolutely delighted.. good luck for today everyone, stay strong, there will be lots of triggers, we have to find a different way x
Old 10-06-2014, 04:32 AM
  # 128 (permalink)  

Hi all, can I join here? I was in the September class, but I drank on Saturday night on day 18. I was going to post that I drank 2-3 glasses of wine, but in reality I looked and it was almost a whole bottle. What a bummer. Back to Day 2 for me today.
Old 10-06-2014, 04:40 AM
  # 129 (permalink)  

Hi josharon, have seen you around site and I'm gonna jump in here too. Spent lots of time in sober weekend thread but need somewhere to hang out all week. I think virtually all of us have had to start over. I am proud of you for not giving up.
Old 10-06-2014, 04:56 AM
  # 130 (permalink)  
Administrator

Welcome guys

D
Old 10-06-2014, 05:06 AM
  # 131 (permalink)  

Thanks fromadistance and Dee. I would call it a "slip" but that implies an accident. In hindsight I can see that I definitely planned it all day, and will probably do it again unless I can find a new way to cope with a certain stressful situation that will re-occur. Time to get to
an AA meeting unless I want to keep repeating the same cycle. Thanks again.
Old 10-06-2014, 05:26 AM
  # 132 (permalink)  

I'm on day 8 and I took myself to the movies with all the money I had saved not buying wine all week!
Old 10-06-2014, 05:33 AM
  # 133 (permalink)  
The man with the BIG plan!

I'm In!

After many attempts and failures I am back to stay clean!
Whoo hoo October!
Old 10-06-2014, 05:34 AM
  # 134 (permalink)  

Good for you, SansaS!
Old 10-06-2014, 05:36 AM
  # 135 (permalink)  

I'd like to join the class of October thread. This weekend my wife and I found out that we will be expecting our second child. Since she won't be drinking for almost a year I'm supporting her by kicking the habit. Been trying to for almost a year since joining SR. I'm currently on day 7 and feeling great!
Old 10-06-2014, 05:52 AM
  # 136 (permalink)  

Hello everyone. Onto day 4 of sober time. Feeling jumpy and anxious today.

Giving this problem over to God now. All attempts at controlling it myself have only worked for so long before.

Time to try something different.
Old 10-06-2014, 06:31 AM
  # 137 (permalink)  

Morning all and welcome to the newcomers!
Isn't it nice to wake up clear headed and remember everything? Isn't it nice to not have to see all the empties and feel disgust and shame and guilt with yourself? Last night we had a wee computer problem here and I was able to say lets drive over and get the part night now.... what a novelty to be able to drive after sundown! lol
Day 8 here... I made it through the weekend! My AV has been largely and surprising quiet with the exception of yesterday when I experienced an emotional trigger but I worked through it... let myself feel those feelings. I've known for a long time that this day was coming....I'm just so tired of living the way I've been. It's exhausting. And feeling good feels good! I feel free for the first time in a very long time.
Old 10-06-2014, 06:35 AM
  # 138 (permalink)  

Count me in guys.

I'm not on days yet - ticking off hours as we speak.
Old 10-06-2014, 07:58 AM
  # 139 (permalink)  

Congratulations arbor, three beautiful kids myself....my 'baby' is 9. So glad to see all those joining in this morning. I think October holds lots of promise.
Old 10-06-2014, 09:25 AM
  # 140 (permalink)  

Working on day 8 here! Beautiful! Everything is beautiful! Even with bad things happening. Clarity is coming! Thank you thank you thankyou!!!