Notices

Class of October 2014

Old 10-02-2014, 11:53 PM
  # 61 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by SansaS View Post
Day 5! Yah!!
Day 5 here too Hurray !! Last night was a real challenge, battled with myself for about 30 minutes, just kept saying no. Went to bed earlier and seen my second sun rise this morning. Getting up early is definitely helping me get through the challenge in the evening. Slept like a log.. Day 5 rocks ... Good luck for today everybody x
Old 10-03-2014, 01:15 AM
  # 62 (permalink)  

Well done dunsupin fighting that 'av' or inner conflict is difficult can't say I have been able to get up early enough to see a sunset yet but it sounds great.

Last night was a challenge to say the least but I done it couldn't sleep for ages though really need to plan what to drink next time something other than diet coke. It was definitely a let's get through this more than enjoy it night. I think keeping Sr in my pocket all day really helped and kept me focused though thoughts drinking entered my head a lot.
Old 10-03-2014, 06:45 AM
  # 63 (permalink)  

Day 4 here for me. One day at a time. I am hoping October is better than September and I can stay sober the whole month! Hate to get ahead of myself though, so I won't! Just today is all I will focus on.

Cold here in the Midwest today. A sweater or sweatshirt is definitely in order. Hope to be on here later this evening as I haven't had much time to post/read stuff lately. With boring television shows, this should be easy.

Hi to all my fellow classmates! Let's make today a great sober one!
Old 10-03-2014, 08:05 AM
  # 64 (permalink)  

I didn't sleep well either tired of me. I got maybe 2 hours of sleep as I woke up with hot flashes. I am hoping that tonight, night 3, is better. I had the same attitude with just get thru this one day. One day at a time is how I think I will battle this and finally

My mouth feels like it is on fire and my tongue feels numb. I'm not if this is part of the AV or normal.

What symptoms are the other Octsober folks having?

Are there any vitamins that will help?

Have a great Friday everyone!
Old 10-03-2014, 12:13 PM
  # 65 (permalink)  

Hi all!

Day 5 here and feeling good. Noticed that the capillaries in my eyes aren't all red and my eyes look so bright and alert. Amazing what changes a few days sober can make. I also feel slimmer.... not all bloated... although I gave myself a serious sugar overdose last night, plowed through half a box of cookies and made myself feel kinda sick haha.

Took my dog for a long walk, have been reading a lot. Had a craving as I was out walking to pop into The Beer Store but I quickly threw the thought out of my head.

I've got myself some sober plans tomorrow to go see Cirques du Soliel.... way better way to spend a Saturday night than sitting around the house or a bar getting polluted!

Hope you all are staying strong and feeling better too!
Old 10-03-2014, 02:36 PM
  # 66 (permalink)  
Blood Countess

Cirques du Soliel! Oh I would so much rather do that than drink!! (heh it's hard to find something that good for me) so enjoy!

For me, I am hoping that today can be my first sober day (which actually I would call day 0 and tomorrow would be day one - AKA one day since being sober) but already my mind is yelling at me... my AV that is.

I feel like my life is so torn apart and sad right now that drinking is the only thing keeping it together... AKA keeping me able to cope with this life without just wanting to end it. So I'm scared of stopping because of how things might go... how it might all fall apart.... (probably why I should be in inpatient I guess, but I don't know if I can do that right now)

Sober me really really wants this to be my first day of sobriety.... addict me really really wants to drown myself in wine and ciders right now and just calm the f*** down and be "happy" again.

I made a list of things I can possibly do this month, to cope. All I can focus on now is making it 40 days... that's my goal. I need to atleast get 40 days sobriety in me (the longest I've ever gone is 38 days). Also possibly add in some AA as well as the other groups I will be in. I also made of list of things that might allow me to cope through this month. Hope it can work. Also going to try to be in in atleast one group or something per day, atleast for now...

Also it's the start of the weekend now... I hope everyone is doing alright!! How are you all doing so far?
Old 10-03-2014, 04:13 PM
  # 67 (permalink)  

Sober me really really wants this to be my first day of sobriety.... addict me really really wants to drown myself in wine and ciders right now and just calm the f*** down and be "happy" again.
You don't need to do that. Don't do it. It will only make things worse... I don't know what kind of problems you are going through but I know what's it's like to have sorrows and you can't drown them in alcohol. Believe me I've tried! All you will have is the same problems plus a hangover.

I'm trying for 30 days which it has been seriously awhile since I made it that long... it's been awhile since I made it 5 days!! It's always a bad idea to drink when you're sad though... alcohol is a depressant so it's like throwing gas on a fire. Try doing something nice for yourself. Buy yourself a beautiful bouquet of flowers instead of a bottle.
xx
Old 10-03-2014, 04:19 PM
  # 68 (permalink)  

That's a great suggestion zenchaser - flowers instead of booze! They last a lot longer too!
Old 10-03-2014, 04:22 PM
  # 69 (permalink)  
Administrator

I feel like my life is so torn apart and sad right now that drinking is the only thing keeping it together
That was the great lie for me...the truth was I was comforted by the way alcohol made me feel..but it also made things worse in that I became dependant on it...and whenever I didn't have it I'd have my normal anxiety PLUS the anxiety of wanting my 'fix'...

The only way to break that cycle is...no booze, Luc. It's not comfortable, but you have support here - you're not alone
Old 10-03-2014, 04:35 PM
  # 70 (permalink)  

Forgivemeall

The second night I also sweated out the booze... it was gross but nothing a shower and a linen change couldn't sort out. I was really tired and headachy and kinda shaky for about 72 hours. Last night I slept like a rock and was running around having all kinds of crazy adventures in my sleep lol. I know that B vitamins are good but a multivitamin may be all you need?
Old 10-03-2014, 05:07 PM
  # 71 (permalink)  

I'm on day 6. Went to a friends house for dinner last night and just stuck to soda waters. I've been taking a liver detox vitamin. Not sure if it's helping or not, but I feel like it is so that's the main thing! Lol stay strong for today guys. We can do this! I'm aiming for 12 months sober. Who is with me?
Old 10-03-2014, 05:16 PM
  # 72 (permalink)  
Blood Countess

zenchaser - I like the idea of flowers! Actually, the other day I went to the dollar store bought some Halloween type fake flowers (blacks and purples) with some fake spiders in them. I love gothic type things, so I shall decorate my house with them. And these last even longer than flowers!! Though flowers are always nice too...

Dee - thanks. I hope I have it in me to deal with the incredible discomfort. Support it always good. And when I give support to others, that's good too! I'm glad SR is here.
Old 10-03-2014, 06:09 PM
  # 73 (permalink)  

Thanks zenchaser! I am hoping for a good night sleep tonight really bad! I'll get some B vitamin tomorrow.

Good luck everyone!
Old 10-03-2014, 08:55 PM
  # 74 (permalink)  

I am visiting my mom. I'm away from my "safe" routine. I have had to watch my stepdad suck down scotch after scotch. I have had to watch my mom enjoy a few glasses of wine. I could smell it. I don't want it. I'm not going to drink it. As a matter of fact I'm laying in bed in the guest bedroom. I'm going to read.
My anxiety and stress levels are through the roof! It is extremely uncomfortable. But I am going to make it without drinking tonight. Good night all.
Old 10-03-2014, 09:00 PM
  # 75 (permalink)  
Administrator

G'night C

D
Old 10-03-2014, 09:46 PM
  # 76 (permalink)  

Sober October, yes please! I quit on the first and could really use this kind of support.
Old 10-03-2014, 11:23 PM
  # 77 (permalink)  
Administrator

Welcome IslandGrrl

D
Old 10-03-2014, 11:35 PM
  # 78 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by zenchaser View Post
Hi all!

Day 5 here and feeling good. Noticed that the capillaries in my eyes aren't all red and my eyes look so bright and alert. Amazing what changes a few days sober can make. I also feel slimmer.... not all bloated... although I gave myself a serious sugar overdose last night, plowed through half a box of cookies and made myself feel kinda sick haha.

Hope you all are staying strong and feeling better too!
Snap Zenchaser.. I went to the supermarket and returned with two huge bags of sweets, luckily there were no witnesses to what followed. I was in bed for 9, watched some TV asleep by 10, up before the sun this morning, dawn is breaking but no orange glow yet. Had about an hour early evening when the AV hit me, the funny thing is it eventually gives up and then I can settle down. Day 6, I also feel less bloated, more alive. Good luck today everybody x
Old 10-03-2014, 11:37 PM
  # 79 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by SansaS View Post
I'm on day 6. Went to a friends house for dinner last night and just stuck to soda waters. I've been taking a liver detox vitamin. Not sure if it's helping or not, but I feel like it is so that's the main thing! Lol stay strong for today guys. We can do this! I'm aiming for 12 months sober. Who is with me?
I'm with you.. 12 months would be fab x
Old 10-03-2014, 11:41 PM
  # 80 (permalink)  
time to shine again

I'm in!!! Thank you SR for being here; and HI!! to all my classmates! Let's do this thing.