Notices

Class of October 2014

Old 10-03-2014, 11:42 PM
  # 81 (permalink)  

I'm from the Class of October 2012! Today I'm celebrating two years of sobriety! To all the new Class of October folks, know that you can do this!
Old 10-03-2014, 11:44 PM
  # 82 (permalink)  

Is it too late to join?
Old 10-04-2014, 12:21 AM
  # 83 (permalink)  
time to shine again

Stevewowow,

I'm new here and just joined a few minutes ago; so I think you'll be fine! Welcome from Canada!
Old 10-04-2014, 01:08 AM
  # 84 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by stevewowo View Post
Is it too late to join?
Hell no.. we've been waiting for you! x
Old 10-04-2014, 01:10 AM
  # 85 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by golden1987 View Post
I'm in!!! Thank you SR for being here; and HI!! to all my classmates! Let's do this thing.
Hi to you, I agree, let's get this thing whipped! x
Old 10-04-2014, 01:18 AM
  # 86 (permalink)  

We can do this! I am stocking up on ice cream to get through it x
Old 10-04-2014, 01:50 AM
  # 87 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by SansaS View Post
We can do this! I am stocking up on ice cream to get through it x
Icecream sounds a great idea.

Fresh flowers do too always sewn them as a luxury but buying wine every day never bothered me umm.

Saturday morning without an hangover bit of a novelty sleep still not great vivid dreams so feeling tired but I take it. Coffee then cleaning got a friend staying for few days but she don't drink so should be fine though she always brings wine with her because she knows I like it :-(

Hope you all had a good Friday
Old 10-04-2014, 02:21 AM
  # 88 (permalink)  

Could you ask her to give you chocolates instead of wine this time?
Old 10-04-2014, 02:51 AM
  # 89 (permalink)  

Good idea I will text her thanks

Having a cleaning spree couldn't have done this if I drank wine last night :-)
Old 10-04-2014, 04:45 AM
  # 90 (permalink)  

Day 7 and I slept 9 hours last night. Only got up twice for bathroom visits. My withdrawal is going well. Felt a little depressed yesterday but feel fine this morning.
Old 10-04-2014, 06:35 AM
  # 91 (permalink)  

It's really nice to be able to be in a group full of like minded people... the disease is so isolating....most people don't understand. Once I start drinking I can't stop until it's all gone or I pass out and I want to drink ALL the time.....every opportunity. I plan my life around how and when I will drink. I base friendships on whether on not they will enable my alcoholism so that what I'm doing doesn't seem so abnormal. I've had lots of old good friends disappear because they aren't like me. Anyway I just want to say thanks to SR!
Old 10-04-2014, 07:05 AM
  # 92 (permalink)  

It really is isolating I have lived my life definitely last few years most probably longer to a lesser extent around drinking. I am a master of it and also hiding the amount I drink from people I control it in company instead leave early so I can drink at my pace and quantity alone. My life is work drinking hangover friends outings etc arranged that I can still drink in the evenings not good

I haven't been far from Sr these last few days apart from Thursday no strong urges but that is worrying me :-( how will I cope when they come is this lull just giving me an illusion that I haven't got a problem when I know I have
Old 10-04-2014, 07:16 AM
  # 93 (permalink)  

That's a big illusion that I have too tiredofme.... I drink but it's not a problem haha or that person drinks more than me so THEY have a problem but I don't. Living on that river denial! But the truth is that it rules me. I also think I'm hiding how much I drink but that's horse ****.... I can tell immediately whether someone else has been drinking so I'm sure most people are on to me. It would be so nice to have this monkey off my back.
Old 10-04-2014, 08:38 AM
  # 94 (permalink)  

Hi all, well done to everyone so far! I was day 12 yesterday, now I'm day one��. It's fine though. Starting again and wishing all of you all the best for Octsober.
Old 10-04-2014, 09:44 AM
  # 95 (permalink)  

I am so tired of rotating liquor stores to avoid looking like I drink too much. Tired of staying home alone and drinking to hide my consumption. Tired of waking up in the morning and trying to figure out what I ate the night before by examining the dishes in the sink. Tired of feeling guilty. Tired of wondering what my liver looks like. Tired of procrastinating because I would rather drink, or because I'm hungover. Tired of making excuses. Tired of the voice in my head winning. Today is day four, and I am still feeling strong. Buying ice cream today, just for extra ammo if I feel like breaking. So very grateful to have this forum. Also, thank you for the welcome, Dee, and a big welcome to anyone else who has just signed up. We are all in this together, and we can do this.
Old 10-04-2014, 09:54 AM
  # 96 (permalink)  

I hear you, islandgrrl. I am also completely fed up with drinking.
-
Looking forward to being part of the October class.
Old 10-04-2014, 09:55 AM
  # 97 (permalink)  

I'm joining this class. Had 30 days sober...decided to drink as a reward?...

Turned into a 3 day binge that culminated with blacking out an a subway platform and waking up in a hospital with an IV in my arm.

Don't drink. It might kill you. It almost killed me this time.

Today is day 2.
Old 10-04-2014, 11:25 AM
  # 98 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by zenchaser View Post
It's really nice to be able to be in a group full of like minded people... the disease is so isolating....most people don't understand. Once I start drinking I can't stop until it's all gone or I pass out and I want to drink ALL the time.....every opportunity. I plan my life around how and when I will drink. I base friendships on whether on not they will enable my alcoholism so that what I'm doing doesn't seem so abnormal. I've had lots of old good friends disappear because they aren't like me. Anyway I just want to say thanks to SR!

I can identify with this. I worry about getting away from places in time to buy wine. I dont enjoy it I just drink it. So grateful for this opporuntity to move on. We can do it x
Old 10-04-2014, 11:28 AM
  # 99 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by tiredofme View Post
It really is isolating I have lived my life definitely last few years most probably longer to a lesser extent around drinking. I am a master of it and also hiding the amount I drink from people I control it in company instead leave early so I can drink at my pace and quantity alone.
Yes me too .. very sad and yet still tonight I am battling with myself. Just one night, it's Saturday, start again tomorrow... luckily I have SR to turn to, early to bed and hopefully another sunrise x
Old 10-04-2014, 11:43 AM
  # 100 (permalink)  
Blood Countess

It is so hard to start, because at the beginning it's so easy to say "just one more day and THEN I quit" ugh. That's my problem now. I almost wish I was like certain others in that my drinking almost cost me my life, or that I could say I was honestly "sick of all of this" but I'm not; I want more of it.

Does that mean I don't belong here? That I will never be sober? I am so torn right now.....

Edit: obviously I am sick of a lot of this (or else I wouldn't be here)... but other parts, so not done. That's how I feel. This sucks. I really am like a Werewolf or something. It's a curse!!!