Notices

Class of August 2014 Part 8

Old 10-02-2014, 08:14 PM
  # 161 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Dee74 View Post
I think most of us really underestimate how much damage we do to body and mind while drinking?
Isn't that the truth!
Old 10-02-2014, 09:12 PM
  # 162 (permalink)  

I literally wear a weaker prescription now that I quit drinking. It affected my eyes that much. My brain? Well, I can now remember how to spell literally.

I quit drinking a while back and I had young children at the time. I didn't get to just take care of me, so I couldn't see the results as easily or as quickly as I can now. But I can say that looking back, I was truly an alive, energetic version of myself, even if I never felt like it after not enough sleep or time in the day. So worth it!

BBF, come right back. You haven't lost. You've learned one more thing about addiction. And we are right here!
Old 10-02-2014, 09:22 PM
  # 163 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by bblackbirdflyy View Post
I think really I want my boyfriend to tell me he likes me better sober. Want the relationship to be more than copestic.
The only People that give a damn about my sobriety are me and SR
BBF - I relate to this so much. I have been sober for the longest stretch in years and my bf has not said one encouraging word. I care about you and your sobriety.

If you think your relationship is affecting your sobriety then please rethink it. You are intelligent, caring, thoughtful, fun...please do whatever you need to do to take care of you. Who cares about the slip tonight. It is over. Tomorrow is a new day BBF. You have a new start with more wisdom.

Hugs and love to you.
Old 10-02-2014, 10:47 PM
  # 164 (permalink)  

Applekat well done for getting through the day, very proud of you xxx

Bbf coming right back here to be honest wad brave, and step 1 in being able to get back on the road. The last 50 days have not been wasted, merely a trial run for the long haul!! You have helped me a great deal on here with your posts, you have saved other. That is no waste. I hope you are well and tomorrow is a better day xxx
Old 10-02-2014, 10:50 PM
  # 165 (permalink)  

Choobie I'm so glad you posted about your eyes, the last couple of weeks my vision seems different and I have to out my glasses halfway down my nose to read. I thought I was going crackers, or that maybe it was the lighting, or a smaller,print!!! I will get my eyes tested!!!
Old 10-02-2014, 10:58 PM
  # 166 (permalink)  

Morning from Peterborough
Hope you all have a good day and life is kind to you.
Day 36 and laying in bed, and the Av has alreafy started. Great. It's saying "it's friiiiiiday!! That means you get home 3 hours Earlier than Lj, plenty on time yo sneak something, who would know? And you're doing so well, have a treat!" grrrrr. Friday. I will go to work Early, leave late, and go for a long walk, and suggest dinner out to the other half. I'm hoping being busy and distracted nay help
Have a good day folks, I'm off out to earn some holiday cash :-) xx
Old 10-03-2014, 12:04 AM
  # 167 (permalink)  

Hey all, it's a beautiful autumn morning in London - amazing blue sky.

Ready for work. Pink, AV is giving me the same Friday routine. I know there are work drinks invitations etc coming today. I plan to leve a little earlier and do some walking to a station a little further away. See you on here later? Drinking not an option!!

BBF - not wasted time. The fact you posted about it and are right back in here is 100% good and shows you want to beat this. Keep posting.

Applekat - great you got through the tough day. Well done.

Woken up today with 60 days under my belt now. I can get my two month chip tonight at AA if I don't drink today. There is my motivation!
Old 10-03-2014, 12:05 AM
  # 168 (permalink)  
Administrator

Congrats sthlondonab

D
Old 10-03-2014, 02:02 AM
  # 169 (permalink)  

Definitely catchup layer lo.Don, many congratulations on day 60, getting that chip is your goal today, thinking of you!!!
Old 10-03-2014, 02:48 AM
  # 170 (permalink)  

Great work apple! Bbf, you are right back on track, don't even look in the rear view for a second. I get the boyfriend comment, my spouse still drinks and we simply never talk about drinking. Strange but that is the groove we are in. It is freakin hard at times and sometimes I would like a "wow" you are doing great. But you have to remember that we are doing this mainly for us. This group is encouraging as heck and we are all on the same page. Remember, if this were easy there wouldn't be 24million serious alcoholics out there and at least that many that wonder if they have an issue.

London, awesome job!!! Friday is upon us gang, time to smile and realize why we chose this. Weekend is a great time to reflect on your success this far and read your original posts.

Eye on the prize team!
Old 10-03-2014, 03:33 AM
  # 171 (permalink)  

Congratuations on 60 Days Sthlondonab! Brilliant!
Old 10-03-2014, 04:16 AM
  # 172 (permalink)  

Good morning, Team.

BBF, get right back on track today. You can do it. The 50 days should help make it easier to get right back to sobriety.

Apple, congrats on fighting the AV. I don't feel stellar, either, and I am lonelier than I ever was drinking. But, I believe what Dee said - - we did a lot of damage to ourselves, and it will take a while to feel the way we want to.

Cute, I don't know if you cook; but if you do, I am sure you could find a recipe for that Olive Garden soup at one of the copycat recipe websites. I have gotten a few chain restaurant recipes that way.

Today is the day I am meeting one of my old work drinking friends for a late lunch. I am going with my low-carb story to make sure I don't drink. The last time we met for lunch, she had martinis which didn't interest me in the least. Here's hoping she does not order Lite beer or white zinfindel wine today!

Have a happy, sober day everyone.
Old 10-03-2014, 04:18 AM
  # 173 (permalink)  

Congrats on 60 London. Well done!

Pink I agree with the Friday AV. After such a rough day yesterday, throw in the Friday angle and I just don't know. Gotta work it. Guess I'll be logging on here lots.

Thanks again everyone for the help.
Old 10-03-2014, 04:23 AM
  # 174 (permalink)  

I never want to do that again. I have so much anxiety. I haven't felt this way for 2 months and I don't miss it. Thankfully I only embarrassed myself here in front of you good people. So sorry again and try try again.
Old 10-03-2014, 04:31 AM
  # 175 (permalink)  

Good morning everyone! Starting day 6! Feeling good today hoping you all have a great day! Let's focus on the positives today!
Old 10-03-2014, 04:40 AM
  # 176 (permalink)  

Morning everyone. Felling good today

Applekat I'm so proud of you for not drinking yesterday. I get the same messages on fb. My entire social circle revolves around drinking whether it's play dates or school functions or lunch with friends.

BBF. today is a new day. Forget yesterday and move on. We all really do care about you. My husband is like your boyfriend. He prefers me to drink. Stick with us. We can do this

To everyone else: I just love reading the encouraging posts and it's so cool to see how well everyone is doing. It's Friday so that means the weekend is upon us. Stay close and let's all post if we're struggling
Old 10-03-2014, 05:40 AM
  # 177 (permalink)  

Back to day 1 for me. I'm not gonna make any excuses. I just thought I was missing out on something. Turns out I wasn't.
Old 10-03-2014, 06:14 AM
  # 178 (permalink)  

Great attitude shown by some folks who have had a couple of challenges lately. Proud of your unwavering spirit!
Old 10-03-2014, 06:43 AM
  # 179 (permalink)  

Checking in on day 53. Lots of posts to catch up on but I have to run out the door right now. Just wanted to say my thoughts are with you all Team August love you!
Old 10-03-2014, 06:44 AM
  # 180 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by penkins View Post
Back to day 1 for me. I'm not gonna make any excuses. I just thought I was missing out on something. Turns out I wasn't.
Glad you got right back up Penkins! Hugs, Chris