Notices

Class of July 2014 Part 4

Old 08-15-2014, 03:57 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  

I just got to thinking I don't know if I've ever been googled or not?
Old 08-15-2014, 06:21 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  

I've googled myself before. It is kinda weird what shows up. Fortunately there is somebody with my name that is well known, so most of the stuff is about her. YAY for me! I kinda like my anonymity.

What a GREAT day. I had a plan to get a bunch of stuff done, but by the time I got to my early morning meeting and then ran all my errands, a nap reached up and grabbed me. If I've learned anything it is to listen to my body. . . so I had a great nap today. The chores will wait for me.
Old 08-15-2014, 06:53 PM
  # 23 (permalink)  
Unknown300864

PHS- the last time I went golfing I actually was in Vanuatu, I was sober and swung that hard and was so skinny I did 2x360 circles and landed on my butt lol

CCAM- I wish it was hot here apparently we have a good few weeks of rain set in, good news is my dogs aren't stupid enough to drag their mats out in the rain, they just like to **** mummy off on sunny days lol. Rains great though helps me sleep, love reading to it, work is slow and ive got an excuse to rug up lol. Scalloping as in yummy delicious succulent scallops? mmm yum send me a carton direct air mail please!

Eyes- How you doing hun? have you read the book ive been talking about, it really hits home for me on prescription meds too.

MR F - Food Poisoning gone wohoooo! how are you feeling today?

New Life- Glad your doing fine hun! what are your plans for the weekend?

Lumpy- Day 6 of NO BINGING!!!! wohoo you go girl one more day till the week mark..then the month mark...then the 3 month mark and you will feel so so so much better! by the way ive booked you on flight SQ244 your departing to come do my garden ive put on my to do list for the last year lol.

Petals- you've made it through another day and made me smile along with many others!

Midnight- Thinking of you hopuing your doing well. If you have time message me :-)

Altoids- great news on your daughter visiting. Its my mums b day on the 30th...29th ive booked her microdermabrasion & straight after we go for a 90minute thai pamper package then thai dinner and maybe to the comedy club if were not too relaxed.I cant wait!!!

Lisa- I just passed day 30 too on sunday, congratulations it feels so great!

Missy- nice to see you back with us

OK!!! gosh im noticing since I was told I need glasses for reading my mind is trying to trick me into focusing and crap... My eyes were fine 2 days ago, it just goes to show how perception tricks us hahaha im onto you brain!!!
That was hard lol but will test my memory :-) hope I covered everyone!
Today its 11.20am Saturday and im sitting at work, haven't got a big day on thankfully. my plan is to fill in all my crn database, then relax and read but feeling very agitated today cause the boss feels its nessecary to repeat what he is saying 10x in a row lol
Old 08-15-2014, 07:35 PM
  # 24 (permalink)  
Unknown300864

Originally Posted by Altoids View Post
I've googled myself before. It is kinda weird what shows up. Fortunately there is somebody with my name that is well known, so most of the stuff is about her. YAY for me! I kinda like my anonymity.

What a GREAT day. I had a plan to get a bunch of stuff done, but by the time I got to my early morning meeting and then ran all my errands, a nap reached up and grabbed me. If I've learned anything it is to listen to my body. . . so I had a great nap today. The chores will wait for me.
I had my manager tell me that I might want to think of taking my modelling photos down off the internet. LOL didn't even know they were up there
Old 08-15-2014, 10:31 PM
  # 25 (permalink)  

Oh, what a fun thought if we could all get together for a dinner....I think that sounds like a blast. Looks like we could have surf and turf on the menu - scallops and butt YUM!

I'll have to check that out Kahlia, thank you. I'm not much of a reader, never have been, so it's probably going to take me 6 months to get through the two books I already have but I'll add that one on! So weird, I come from a family of readers. My mother and brother always have their noses in a book, and ever since my father retired him as well. My problem is I tend to get distracted really easily, or start to daydream and I will get through 3 pages and realize I have no idea what I just read and have to go back and start again. And that seems to happen over and over. I've always wished I was better at it - I've "connected" to a few books over the years and when I have I found reading is wonderful.

Had a real nice night out tonight - saw one of my best friends that I have not seen in months due to my isolation habits. When it came down to it, as much as I wanted to see her I still had to force myself out to do it. But so glad I did, had a wonderful time. Think it was a good first step for me, and I need to work on pushing myself more. Life is possible sober

Hope everyone is enjoying their weekend. This is really late for me to be up (lately) so time to wind down and try to get some sleep in. But I think a little ice cream is due first. Will end on a nice note! Hope you all wake up sober and feeling great!
Old 08-15-2014, 11:09 PM
  # 26 (permalink)  
Unknown300864

ok but it has to be roast butt LOL
I used to be like that until I read fifty shades of gray and I was hooked! I cried at the end of the first book , something I never thought id do! I still read over things twice cause of my attention span but find myself constantly rewinding the tv cause my mind goes off to pixy land
Old 08-15-2014, 11:59 PM
  # 27 (permalink)  
Realising my life

Good morning all!

Up early on day 7 of no bingeing and about to go to work.

Kahlia, I LOVE reading your posts! Please keep writing, you are fantastic with words! And 30 days sober? That is brilliant

Fixy, I'm so glad you're feeling better My garden is more of a shrub than flower garden. We love acers and have all different varieties as well as lots of different coloured conifers. My avatar is a picture of the front garden last autumn.

Eyes, I'd love for us all to meet up and have a meal together. If the menu was just scallops and Fixy's butt, I'd be binge-free all the way! Starving, but binge-free

Hope everyone else is doing well. We Julyers are made of strong stuff!

Happy Saturday everyone - and thank you all for your contributions here. They're making this journey feel really special
Old 08-16-2014, 12:54 AM
  # 28 (permalink)  

Good morning lumpy hope you have a great day. I got to get out of the house before I have cabin fever I'm gassing up my boat go see if I can scare me some fish.
Old 08-16-2014, 12:55 AM
  # 29 (permalink)  

I wonder if you can have depression by proxy ?
Old 08-16-2014, 01:16 AM
  # 30 (permalink)  

Good morning D how are you
Old 08-16-2014, 01:35 AM
  # 31 (permalink)  
Administrator

Good thanks Mr F - hope you have a great day ahead

D
Old 08-16-2014, 01:45 AM
  # 32 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Dee74 View Post
Good thanks Mr F - hope you have a great day ahead

D
I appreciate that D I'm really trying to have a good day I hope you have a great one because you deserve it for all the help that you give everyone.
Old 08-16-2014, 01:50 AM
  # 33 (permalink)  
Administrator

I hope I have a good sleep actually...aches and pains LOL

D
Old 08-16-2014, 01:56 AM
  # 34 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Dee74 View Post
I hope I have a good sleep actually...aches and pains LOL

D
I hope your pains don't bother you too bad I do know how it is I know I have mentioned before that I fall down a lot one of the reasons I fall down is in 1983 I had an accident a bumper came into my car and severed my leg they fixed it but my knee goes four ways and there's still a lot of pain even though it's been so many years ago.
Old 08-16-2014, 02:00 AM
  # 35 (permalink)  
Administrator

That sounds pretty painful Mr F.

As for me I have to pack stuff up and lug stuff about for the move...unavoidable. Trying not to do too much each day.
Old 08-16-2014, 03:25 AM
  # 36 (permalink)  

Dee packing, hauling and moving in general is taxing. Hope you dont have to accomplish it all at once. Thought you had until the 1st to be out; guess thats coming up quickly anyway. Putting all that together in a few days is no fun!

Mr F have fun fishing. Sounds great.

Scallops are a sea creature that live in a shell. Friends of ours invite us every season. Basically like Easter egg hunting in about 3 to 5 feet of water in Gulf of Mexico. The shells are about size of your palm of your hand and come in different colors. On a sunny day the shine through the eea grass beds. Really beautiful to see.

For me it is so relaxing and I get time with my son. No tv, no ipad, nothing but fun; as long as the weather holds. Pop up thunder showers in the afternoon usually force us to test the speed of my buddys boat. Lol.

Hope everyone has a geeat saturday. I'll check in soon.
Old 08-16-2014, 03:32 AM
  # 37 (permalink)  
Unknown300864

You make me smile :-) xxx see you on day 8 or close to it
Old 08-16-2014, 03:36 AM
  # 38 (permalink)  
Unknown300864

I'd love to go fishing ! Dee I feel ur pain sciatica like a bitch at the moment but still having a great time at our friends without the drink :-)
Old 08-16-2014, 05:13 AM
  # 39 (permalink)  

Good morning from the west coast of the US. Life here is good. Love reading this thread. And I am ON for our dinner!!! Sounds wonderful!

Kahlia - I know what you mean about bosses. I had trained my boss when he joined the company. He wasn't my boss then. Anyway, once he became my boss he would explain things to me as if I hadn't even read a book let alone was the one who trained him. Some people don't handle supervising others very well. When they offered me a promotion as a supervisor I turned it down soooo fast. Ugh. . . so glad I'm not working there any longer. I loved that job, but the joy of doing it left me and I couldn't get it back, so I left.

Mr F - interesting question. . . depression by proxy. LOL! When I have trouble with my AV, or whenever this path gets a bit difficult, I ask my hubby to carry it for me awhile. I know he can't but he always says okay and just hugs me alot, takes me on a drive, spoils me a little. I guess it is my way of telling him I need extra TLC.

Dee - wish we could all just swoop in and help with the move. We could order pizza or chinese food, crank up some tunes and make a party out of it!!!

Life here will be kinda quiet this weekend. Hubby is on call at work so we have to stay in town. Our daughter is our camping with her BFF. We get to see her for a couple of days before she heads back to NYC.

I love my life!!!
Old 08-16-2014, 05:39 AM
  # 40 (permalink)  
Administrator

Thanks guys

ccam I do have til the first, but I can get help next weekend so that's the date

D