Notices

Class of July 2014 Part 4

Old 08-16-2014, 08:09 AM
  # 41 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Dee74 View Post
Thanks guys

ccam I do have til the first, but I can get help next weekend so that's the date

D
I wish I lived in Oz I would be over there packing everything up and helping you move.
Old 08-16-2014, 05:47 PM
  # 42 (permalink)  

Hi class, I've been struggling a little bit but I'm back I hope everyone is having a safe sober weekend.
Old 08-16-2014, 05:53 PM
  # 43 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Waterfalls2014 View Post
Hi class, I've been struggling a little bit but I'm back I hope everyone is having a safe sober weekend.
Hang in there!
Old 08-16-2014, 06:01 PM
  # 44 (permalink)  

Thank you!! I've missed having the support on here. It's nice to be back
Old 08-16-2014, 09:22 PM
  # 45 (permalink)  

*shivers* Just seeing the word "Oz"....I am 41 and still to this day terrified of the flying monkeys! Ugh, can't get them out of my head now. Why did they have to put them in little bellhop uniforms to boot???

Good luck Dee, I hate moving so much and have done it many times. Have also had to work around when help is available, so I get that you have to do what you have to do. Best wishes that everything goes as smooth as possible.

Sorry you've been struggling Waterfalls, I can relate. It's tough, but glad you're back. This board helps me too, a lot. Free counseling in a way

HL - no scallops for you? I don't like fish, but I do love shellfish. We'll make sure it's a healthy, alcohol free menu
Old 08-16-2014, 09:36 PM
  # 46 (permalink)  
Unknown300864

im in oz need help?
Old 08-16-2014, 09:49 PM
  # 47 (permalink)  
Administrator

Me? No... all good Kahlia.
Got the week to pack away the essentials.

Should be all ok

tho

D
Old 08-16-2014, 10:34 PM
  # 48 (permalink)  
Unknown300864

:-) I have just diagnosed myself with what id like to name ' empathetic depression '
you know the feeling when you go flat after worrying about how someone you care for is feeling. I wish I could solve all my mums problems and get her out of debt...too bad im not a fairy! lol

How is everyone doing today?
I so so so want to go home and relax, being at work is the biggest chore right now cause I have nothing to do yet its mandatory I stay here. wish my ridiculous AV would SHUT UP!!!
AV "kahlia,kahlia go grab some chicken from down the road, ooh uve got peanut bars u can replace in the cupboard, take some panadine forte ull feel better, eat a tuna..."

ME "Im trying to F$%ing read, im not hungry, mum will be fine, I don't want pain killers GO AWAY"

crazy no imperfect hell yes lol
Old 08-17-2014, 01:52 AM
  # 49 (permalink)  

Hey everyone,

How's it going? I enjoyed catching up with everyone's posts.

I'm good, on day 26 here! Just off out to play tennis on this Sunday morning. The weather is not too bad.

Waterfalls, good to see you back, stick with it!

I'll post some more later, I've been having a busy weekend but things should quieten down later.

Stay strong, everyone!
Old 08-17-2014, 04:09 AM
  # 50 (permalink)  
Unknown300864

Can't wait to get over my mood & wake up fresh tomorrow!!!
Old 08-17-2014, 04:39 AM
  # 51 (permalink)  

Good morning july friends!

Trying to catch up when I can. Scalloping was phenominal. The place we went is a peaceful bay in a state park. Really a whole different world out there. The water is so clear and when only 4 feet deep it really glares beautifully when the sun is shining. The sand is only broken up by dark green sea grass that sways and makes trails through the clear sandy water.

Where the sea grass meets the sand is where the scallops are waiting. We caught about three gallons yesterday. Far from our 15 gallon limit but we only want to catch what we will eat in a couple of days. Otherwise taking excessively just ruins the experience for others next season.

We also saw a mommy and baby dolphin that just folllowed us for about 10 minutes, a sea turtle that the kids got to snorkle with, and most scary, had to jump back in the boat when our friend started screaming SHARK. Needless to say we were back in the boat in no time. Turned out to be a little one about 4 feet and left after 5 minutes; got my adrenaline pumping though!

Kahlia, wish I could send you guys some of these scallops. Our friend baked them laast night on the half shell in butter and parmesean cheese. Finished up with a frilled steak and baket potato. Sitting on the balcony eating listening to the little waves of thr Gulf.

Thanks for listening to me ramble. It was a great and restful trip. I did not drink a drop of booze, stayed strung and felt great each morning.

Heading home in a few so I'll catch up with everyones weekend tonight.

Have a great and sober sunday julyers.
Old 08-17-2014, 04:43 AM
  # 52 (permalink)  
Realising my life

Originally Posted by kahlia01 View Post
:-)
I so so so want to go home and relax, being at work is the biggest chore right now cause I have nothing to do yet its mandatory I stay here. wish my ridiculous AV would SHUT UP!!!
AV "kahlia,kahlia go grab some chicken from down the road, ooh uve got peanut bars u can replace in the cupboard, take some panadine forte ull feel better, eat a tuna..."

ME "Im trying to F$%ing read, im not hungry, mum will be fine, I don't want pain killers GO AWAY"

crazy no imperfect hell yes lol
You're doing absolutely brilliantly, my little friend Please can we have some more of this dialogue - it's wonderful!

Originally Posted by EyesOfAStranger View Post
*shivers* Just seeing the word "Oz"....I am 41 and still to this day terrified of the flying monkeys! Ugh, can't get them out of my head now. Why did they have to put them in little bellhop uniforms to boot???
I'm very confused, Eyes. I've been to Australia (it was just fabulous!) but I don't remember seeing any flying monkeys. Maybe you mean kangaroos? But, no, I saw some and they didn't have bellhop uniforms. They didn't exactly fly either. . . Ah, that's it! I didn't go to Perth. They must be in Perth, Eyes! Is that where you saw them? Golly, I'll make sure I never go there!

HL - no scallops for you? I don't like fish, but I do love shellfish. We'll make sure it's a healthy, alcohol free menu
See? We were so meant to be friends! You have all the shellfish and I'll polish off the salmon (but not all of it, of course. Not any more )
Old 08-17-2014, 04:54 AM
  # 53 (permalink)  
Realising my life

Hello everyone!

No bingeing day 8 and I'm feeling great!

Off to load 400 bricks into a skip (or debris container, I think, for my US friends?), then for a wee jog, then footy on telly! Yippeeee!

Not that I'm very happy with footy at the moment. My little team (Exeter City) got totally trounced yesterday by none other than their bitter local rivals (Plymouth). Ouch! That will hurt for a long time

But Swansea (a Welsh team, Eyes) beat Manchester United away at Manchester yesterday, so that was uber-amazing!

Hope everyone's doing well.

Happy Sunday all. Will catch up later xxx
Old 08-17-2014, 05:26 AM
  # 54 (permalink)  
Unknown300864

I really want scallops badly now, next pay check my friend next pay check moouuuaahhahahaha!!! Lol. There's horses and sheep up my street nothing too exciting lol. Guys I was talking to Bernie's mate tonight & he brought up how his brother doesn't drink. Apparently tried grog at 18 didn't like it & doesn't drink how awesome it that and guess what we're free too :-) the only thing that made me feel a little uneasy today was when my friend said how I'm doing so great and self helping so much that In a few years she can see me with so much ahead yet all the people around me don't change & she feels like I'll start looking at everyone and realizing life could be so much better which made me sad. Just cause I'm changing doesn't mean I want to wipe this like and start a new one. People drink I don't no ones perfect. Gonna get a good nights sleep everyone see u all in 9 hrs
Old 08-17-2014, 06:32 AM
  # 55 (permalink)  

Good morning Julyers.

Um, Headlump, can I share the salmon with you? I cooked up a bunch of salmon last night. Oh.my.word. . . one of my favorite foods!!!

Kahlia - if you find that magic wand that will fix problems, lemme know. I have a few friends in need that could use help. Other than being supportive, listen, show up and pray, there isn't much more I can do. Yeah, I have a heart like yours. It aches when others are hurting.

Life is quiet here and I like it! Our 34th wedding anniversary is coming up. Hubby likes adventures. SO. . .today I'm gonna try to book us a ziplining trip. I've had the opportunity to do that before but he hasn't. I think it will be a GREAT gift for him. It requires no dusting, cleaning or feeding. LOL! And making great memories is a good thing. When all is said and done, our memories and the love we've shared with others is all that matters.

Have a beautiful day. And know I pray for every SRer each night. Together we can do this.
Old 08-17-2014, 12:17 PM
  # 56 (permalink)  
Sober since October

Location: In the world in my eyes...Somewhere I've never been before...
Hi, Juliers!

I finally made it through Day 2 and hit Day 7 today - free of binge eating!

I am just so happy the light has broken at the end of the tunnel.

Have a great sober Sunday, everyone!
Old 08-17-2014, 01:22 PM
  # 57 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by MidnightBlue View Post
Hi, Juliers!

I finally made it through Day 2 and hit Day 7 today - free of binge eating!

I am just so happy the light has broken at the end of the tunnel.

Have a great sober Sunday, everyone!
Hi5 midnight
Old 08-17-2014, 01:24 PM
  # 58 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by HeadLump View Post

You're doing absolutely brilliantly, my little friend Please can we have some more of this dialogue - it's wonderful!

I'm very confused, Eyes. I've been to Australia (it was just fabulous!) but I don't remember seeing any flying monkeys. Maybe you mean kangaroos? But, no, I saw some and they didn't have bellhop uniforms. They didn't exactly fly either. . . Ah, that's it! I didn't go to Perth. They must be in Perth, Eyes! Is that where you saw them? Golly, I'll make sure I never go there!

See? We were so meant to be friends! You have all the shellfish and I'll polish off the salmon (but not all of it, of course. Not any more )
She was talking about Dorothy in The Wizard of Oz with the flying monkeys
Old 08-17-2014, 01:25 PM
  # 59 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by ccam1973 View Post
Good morning july friends!

Trying to catch up when I can. Scalloping was phenominal. The place we went is a peaceful bay in a state park. Really a whole different world out there. The water is so clear and when only 4 feet deep it really glares beautifully when the sun is shining. The sand is only broken up by dark green sea grass that sways and makes trails through the clear sandy water.

Where the sea grass meets the sand is where the scallops are waiting. We caught about three gallons yesterday. Far from our 15 gallon limit but we only want to catch what we will eat in a couple of days. Otherwise taking excessively just ruins the experience for others next season.

We also saw a mommy and baby dolphin that just folllowed us for about 10 minutes, a sea turtle that the kids got to snorkle with, and most scary, had to jump back in the boat when our friend started screaming SHARK. Needless to say we were back in the boat in no time. Turned out to be a little one about 4 feet and left after 5 minutes; got my adrenaline pumping though!

Kahlia, wish I could send you guys some of these scallops. Our friend baked them laast night on the half shell in butter and parmesean cheese. Finished up with a frilled steak and baket potato. Sitting on the balcony eating listening to the little waves of thr Gulf.

Thanks for listening to me ramble. It was a great and restful trip. I did not drink a drop of booze, stayed strung and felt great each morning.

Heading home in a few so I'll catch up with everyones weekend tonight.

Have a great and sober sunday julyers.
Sounds like an absolutely beautiful weekend
Old 08-17-2014, 01:26 PM
  # 60 (permalink)  

I think imma put some salmon and some prawns on the smoker next weekend sounds tasty