Notices

Class of July 2014 Part 3

Old 08-10-2014, 04:21 AM
  # 381 (permalink)  
Realising my life

36 days is fantastic, ccam!

I hope you enjoyed your run in the rain, whole I'm hoping to start jogging again very soon. I injured my foot at the end of June and was hobbling for a few weeks but I'm sure it's better now. And the sun's just come out here too! Maybe today will be the day

Missy and petals - way to go!

Hope everyone else is doing well, including Fixy ♥♥

Happy Sunday all xxx
Old 08-10-2014, 04:40 PM
  # 382 (permalink)  
Unknown300864

Old 08-10-2014, 04:40 PM
  # 383 (permalink)  
Unknown300864

feeling better today :-) how is everyone doing xx
Old 08-10-2014, 05:12 PM
  # 384 (permalink)  

This weeks sober money I bought a tablet
Old 08-10-2014, 05:26 PM
  # 385 (permalink)  
Unknown300864

Ive just read up on the Paleo diet and how its gluten free and want to share a laugh with my first HILLARIOUS SOBER NIGHT OUT...
My partner was on a fishing trip so I had my gay best friend stay the night. I have this new sober theory that if im not spending $ on alcohol I will reward myself and do things I want to do and like :-)... Ive always wanted to go to this thai restaurant Its quite pricy but always smells delicious and always full. I went out on a date with my bestie who is a vegetarian, mind you in school used to stay at my house and eat all our meat lol, well he is now also gluten free (not that there is anything wrong with that) he exaggerates I guess uve gotta know him.
we brought a bottle of sparkling apple juice and strawberries to have with dinner as it was BYO. he said to the thai waitress could she please wash the strawberries under water as I have a rare sickness and I have to eat strawberries before I consume any foods LOL, it was because of the pesticides but wait it gets better! he then got his English translator out in Taiwanese not thai explaining that he cant have fats gluten or animals, he wouldn't order vegetarian spring rolls cause of the wrappers, he chose the tom yum mushroom soup & the tofu green curry. the chef came out to tell him the soup was gluten based so he suggested the clear soup as its GF and based with chicken stock, well that started a breakdown as he was vegetarian, the chef then told him the curry has fish sauce which he asked the chef to see the ingredients which he couldn't stress to me enough that it was 77% anchovies. by this time the whole restaurant was laughing I was crying I laughed that hard and he stuck to the tofu with satay sauce for entrée and oyster sauce stirfry after being convinced it did not have oysters in the sauce hahaha great night I thought id share...PS im gonna post this on other forums just incase anyone sees a double up
Old 08-11-2014, 12:02 AM
  # 386 (permalink)  
Realising my life

Great post, kahlia. I could just picture that scene and it really made me smile

Way to go on the tablet, Fixy. I'm sure it's much easier than even the smartest of smart phones!

Did anyone in the UK see the moon last night???? It was the brightest I have ever seen it - it was positively gleaming (just like my teeth will be when I finish this whitening process ) An absolute privilege to see.
Old 08-11-2014, 12:19 AM
  # 387 (permalink)  
Unknown300864

I brought a whitening kit but I get distracted lol really need to stick to it haha
Tablets saved my life when I was in recovery from bulimia I took my ipad everywhere so I could read, play games, get onto the online forum, google anything to distract me from the eaters and the drinkers.. 3 years time ill quit smoking only drink water and become a nun lol jokes!
Old 08-11-2014, 06:15 AM
  # 388 (permalink)  

Hi all, here's wishing you all a happy, healthy and sober Monday!
Old 08-11-2014, 08:31 AM
  # 389 (permalink)  

Good morning! Hope everyone ended the weekend on a positive and sober note...

I was tested quite a bit this weekend; yesterday in particular. Took the wife and kids to one of those massive arcades that have a huge restaurant and bar in the center of the building; Dave and Busters.

It was packed and felt like every adult there was drinking. I seem to notice everyone else's drinking habits more now that I don't drink. We were there by noon. In my old drinking days, I would have already had a buzz when we got there and been planning trips back out to the car every 15 or 20 minutes.

All good though, i didn't cave and had a great time with the family... My wife said I went through 20 diet Cokes, easy. At least refills were free.

I have a little admission though. I thought and posted that i was on day 36 yesterday but it's actually today. No big deal, just don't want to skip forward on you guys!

Hope everyone has a good Monday.

Stay strong.
Old 08-11-2014, 09:32 AM
  # 390 (permalink)  

Hello everyone,

How are we all this fine Monday? I'm still going strong here, enjoying being sober. I just feel totally done with alcohol, long may that continue.

ccam, great job on 36 days! And kahlia on 28 days!

MrF, that's great that you bought a tablet, they are so handy.

HeadLump, no, I didn't see the moon last night, it was too cloudy in my neck of the woods. It sounds amazing!

Hello to anyone I missed! Hope everyone is having a great Monday.

You guys rock!
Old 08-11-2014, 11:33 AM
  # 391 (permalink)  

Yesterday marked 4 weeks of sobriety for me. It has been relatively easy, in spite of some major "bummers" in my life.

I have been eating far too much sugar. I discovered "gourmet" malted milk balls, made with real chocolate. OMG. Once you start, you can't stop. My poor pancreas is battered and bruised enough after all those years of drinking.

Sugar is at least as addicting as booze. I'd say even more, in fact.
Old 08-11-2014, 05:14 PM
  # 392 (permalink)  
Unknown300864

Apparently the moon was huge in Australia too, I said to my partner it looked eerie outside because we live off a park and its winter here I could see this empty park clouds and a tree with no leaves, just realised last night I could see it because of the moon lol.

Bernie put me in a ropable mood this morning. he was cranky because their was dog hair on his jumper and I threw the little bit of dinner he didn't eat in the bin & he wanted it for lunch, tough luck don't fall asleep and expect me to read your mind! so instead of feeling bad and shrugging it off I stuck to my word and blasted him with a text message! now he is trying to be a smart arse and make me get over it...im over it but he will be cooking his own dinner tonight as if my headache goes im going to do a cycle class at the gym and have a sauna after work.

tomorrow marks a month for me!
I have been getting really bad headaches since I hit my head but also sneezing a lot so im gonna go to the doctors on my days off and optometrist,it could have possibly been the massage I got but god its killing me!!

I got my phone back finally yay x
Old 08-11-2014, 05:18 PM
  # 393 (permalink)  

(((All)))

I am sorry I have been MIA - I've been dealing with a particularly dark bout of depression and fell back to my old habits of isolating, but will say I am still clean. Barely! I wanted to give in, I really did. I know the happy would be artificial, but I'd take that at this point!

Been really hard for me. Motivation wise. I get you have to get clean for yourself, but I read a lot of stories where folks have their family as a main motivator. To save their families, be better parents. I do not have a spouse or children. Very small family (my mother's side isn't even here) and we are not close. Nothing bad, just not the lovey dovey type. With alcohol, there are also the blackouts, the things that you may do when being drunk (embarrassing, dangerous, or other). Another decent motivator, but with oxy I very rarely ever got to the point of being "out of it". My tolerance was so dang high. What I did do was spend an absurd amount of money. Can I tell you over the past 4 weeks I have saved over five thousand dollars? Yeah, that's disgusting. I worked to use, but using made work bearable at least.

Should I use some of that money to treat myself to something? Yeah, probably - but what? I learned to live so minimally that everything just seems a waste. But I would throw it away on drugs and justify it, yeah that is the addict in me. Blah. I get nothing changes if nothing changes, but that is where I am stuck. Stuck in a job I don't like in a horrific job market, with health and mobility issues. What has got my through is I am only 36 days clean, after decades of using. I know I can't undue that all quickly - but I'm an addict, I want instant gratification! lol I've had to accept I have limitations now, which is tough since mentally I'm still in my late twenties - but in reality I cruised through those years and now am stuck at 41 with health problems. I can't return to the me that was years ago, I need to find the new me.

BUT - I was so happy to read how well you all are doing! This right here, this group of folks - you all are a part of my motivation. You're going through the same crap and dealing with it much better than I. And thank you for letting me unload that, it feels better just getting it off my chest. I know that I'm so early in the journey, and need to give it time.

(((HeadLump))) thank you for checking in with me, and I'm so happy to hear you are half Welsh! When I tell people around here where my mother is from I usually have to say Britain or the UK. If I say Wales they have no idea where I'm talking about! She grew up in LLangollen (ok, I can't say that - I'm no good with the double L's) right by the Aqueduct. So beautiful, I have no idea why she moved here! Well, she was in her 20's and adventurous I guess...but after having visited I just don't get it! I am partial to British accents though
Old 08-11-2014, 05:51 PM
  # 394 (permalink)  
Unknown300864

Hi eyes, im so sorry your feeling depressed! 36 days clean you must physically have started to feel so much better and see the difference in your skin etc. my mum did stupid stuff when she was young and I followed in her footsteps but caught it at a young age in which im grateful for. my mum now have sclerosis, hep c , interferon which failed 4 times, cronic tears and pain in back hips shoulders etc... I am so so proud of her!!! she quit drinking and can actually have 1 glass of wine if she feels like one and stop at 1, she walks every night with the dog, she fought tooth and nail to come off oxy contin cause they were making her depressed in which she cut herself back to half the dose, she has now been changed to morphine 60mgs for pain relief and lyrica, she has cut herself down to 30mgs a day instead of the 60 2 x per day and only takes the lyrica if she cant sleep cause of sciatica... she is my hero, my mum is a lot like me. helping people and writing really helps her knowing she can share her experience and make people happy. if you would like im more than happy to give you her email address shes great to talk to :-)
Old 08-11-2014, 05:56 PM
  # 395 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by MrFixit63 View Post
I still wake up some mornings wondering if this is the day that I might be able to start drinking responsibly but I know its not but sometimes forever seems very daunting
What I want is to drink irresponsibly and have no negative consequences. That's how well reality and I get along.

Last edited by sober1ck; 08-11-2014 at 05:59 PM. Reason: sp
Old 08-11-2014, 06:07 PM
  # 396 (permalink)  
Unknown300864

Originally Posted by sober1ck View Post
What I want is to drink irresponsibly and have no negative consequences. That's how well reality and I get along.
I completely know the feeling, it just doesn't happen. watching people drinking now makes more sense sober why im not drinking
Old 08-11-2014, 07:52 PM
  # 397 (permalink)  

Thank you (((Kahlia))) Oxycodone is my issue (slightly different than oxycontin though I have used those as well). In a pinch whatever I could get really, morphine, dilaudid, hydrocodone, but just plain oxycodone (think some call it roxy) was my true love. I am impressed with those that can moderate as well, but I am just not one of them, I have tried that many times and it has always led me back to full blown addiction. Which stinks because I have legit pain, but this is not the way I can treat it. That I know for sure.

I guess in the way I could have one drink and walk away. Heck, I wouldn't even have it, because I hate the taste and hate the hangover. Once I got out of my young "party" years I just didn't bother with it again. I'm sure most here cannot relate to that. But can I tell you how many times (and again, probably some here have done it) that I have been talking to someone that had pain meds for whatever reason tell me they dumped them down the toilet because they don't like them at all? My stomach would immediately start doing somersaults at the very thought. And all I could think was "WHAT?" Mind you, at the beginning they made me throw up like booze did....but I was ok with that. Figure that, didn't like the liquor made me sick so I stopped drinking it, yet pills did something very similar and I would just take more right after, even knowing I would feel so sick. Addiction is a crazy thing my friends, and when we find "the one" all reality flies right out the window. I think it's great that your mum could win that struggle She's one tough gal alright!

MrFixIt - also meant to tell you I picked up the Heroin Diaries as you suggested, as well as another pain killer addiction book someone here recommended. Had to order them you see, as I don't own technology to download them lol. Anyway, halfway through the book, love the CD. Favorite is Girl with Golden Eyes. Can relate to that sooo much as heroin is just synthetic opiates. Actually had to stop listening because it kind of triggered me (had to put the book down for a few moments too)....but really good recommendations. Needed some good rock and roll back in my life! Growing up Motley Crue was my favorite band, not even sure how many times I saw them. Very interesting to hear where some of the songs came from! Ouch on You're All I Need!
Old 08-12-2014, 12:16 AM
  # 398 (permalink)  
Realising my life

Eyes!!!!!!!!! So happy you're back posting - Yay!!

I'm really sorry for the depression, but delighted you're here now - and still going strong! What a star you are

Can't stop. I'm off to Zumba shortly and working later, but I had to reply to you

Will check in later.

Happy Tuesday, guys xxx
Old 08-12-2014, 01:03 AM
  # 399 (permalink)  
Sober since October

Location: In the world in my eyes...Somewhere I've never been before...
Hi, my dear July friends)

I am still here.

Had a huge slip on Sunday. Some of you may have seen my thread on Newcomers where I swore it was my last eating binge.

So, I am on Day 2, and have to be super uber vigilant, because when the memories are fading away along with bloating, then the AV pops up with its ole "Why not to indulge yourself JUST A LITTLE BIT!".

My best wishes to all Juliers)

Stay sober, stay positive)
Old 08-12-2014, 06:20 AM
  # 400 (permalink)  

So sad about the news of Robin Williams death.