Notices

One Year & Under Club Part 34

Old 07-02-2014, 06:40 PM
  # 81 (permalink)  

Hey all you east coast undies, hope Hurricane Arthur leaves you all safe!! Be sure you do all you can do to be safe and secure! There's at least one Canadian concerned for you and your loved ones!
Old 07-02-2014, 06:46 PM
  # 82 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by trachemys View Post
Do you now how strange it is to find yourself thinking: "I wonder what's going on in the undies?"
Just be careful when you get to the "One year and over" thread... we may not want to know what goes on there...
Old 07-02-2014, 07:41 PM
  # 83 (permalink)  

Ha, you guys are on a roll today! I don't have time/knowledge to upload photos at the moment but I have a photo album on my profile of my puppies you can look at, Maggie a cream labradoodle, goofy and loving, and Daisy a grey and white Poodle/Silky Australian Terrier cross (more like a cat in personality). They are my "furry daughters". Love them to pieces x
Old 07-02-2014, 07:42 PM
  # 84 (permalink)  

That is Daisy in my profile picture.
Old 07-03-2014, 04:25 AM
  # 85 (permalink)  

Hey Carlos! Where are you? We miss you!
Old 07-03-2014, 04:31 AM
  # 86 (permalink)  

CONGRATULATIONS on your 5 month milestone, Courage!
Old 07-03-2014, 05:17 AM
  # 87 (permalink)  

CONGRATS ON 5 MONTHS COURAGE!!
Old 07-03-2014, 05:42 AM
  # 88 (permalink)  

Carlos - Are you lost somewhere in that giant pair of undies that Courage posted?

Drake - I think I learned what happens in the Overies in 9th grade biology?

Tracheymys - In this mixed bag of undies, beware - some of us are dirty ones! Haha! Seriously, I'm glad that you're in good spirits at this point in your recovery. Fun and recovery go well together.

GCG - It's nice to have you back. This is a great group, one that understands the ups and downs of quitting. We can laugh along with you on the good stuff one minute, and rally with you on the painful stuff the next. In my first month quit, it took about all the energy I could summon to scrape myself out of bed to go to work. Once there, I just sort of went through the motions. Fortunately I had a job where that was possible! At home, I did the bare minimum for my kids, my housekeeping, and cooking. Give yourself permission to coast for a bit (ha! a play on your username!) as you get through these first few weeks.

Courage - CONGRATS ON FIVE MONTHS!!! I hope the hurricane doesn't affect your travel plans. Have a safe trip, but moreover let go of worrying about the logistics, and have some fun. I know you can! Then tell us how you did it, because I know I could use advice on letting go!! Related story: I argued with my crossfit instructor about dropping a bar behind me. I didn't think I could do it without getting hurt or hurting someone else. He made everyone stop and watch me (in a supportive, appropriate manner). He forced me to trust him. I put faith in someone who knows more than I do, ignored my fears, and let go. Boom! The heavy bar rolled off my back and no one was hurt.

Siesta - I think it's appropriate to hold your son accountable. I'm sure The Man was bringing him down, but so long as he's relying on you for money, he needs to uphold his side of the bargain with The Man. To be 19 again!

As I've been learning to own what I need, I've been having some difficult conversations with my husband. The poor guy feels dumped on and in many ways vilified by me. He said that he's walking on eggshells in my presence, and feels forced to agree to my every request. I'm not used to him being polite or agreeable! I'm also not accustomed to allowing other people to feel uncomfortable with my actions or requests. My internal response to the others' discomfort with my self advocacy has been to think of ways to make them feel good, state that my discomfort isn't THAT bad, and let them do what they want, never mind me. However. I am learning that other people will not fall apart because they are uncomfortable with me, and if they do, that's on them. I can own what I need. I can exist in the discomfort my needs cause other people. I can figure out how to get my needs met, whether he is a part of the solution or not. I'm not sure if I'm being diplomatic, but I'll learn. This is a monumental shift in my behavior and thinking, and truly the last thing I ever expected would happen when I decided to quit drinking!

Have a good one, Undies!
Old 07-03-2014, 06:52 AM
  # 89 (permalink)  
p***enger

Good morning, Undies!

Carlos, I hope you're okay! I know you've "graduated" but that's no excuse to go without Undies. Same goes for Dorothy and Tanja -- we miss you!

Soberjim and Babs, missing you as well!

Gleefan, interesting post -- I'm asking a little more from my husband than I've done before. Just emotional support, really -- he's my shelter from the storm, and it's become a lot more explicit that I need shelter. He seems overall to like the fact that I'm back, as it were, having been in a long brown-out for a decade or so. He worries a bit and gets annoyed when I'm feeling pitiful, but is pretty understanding, all things considered. One possible side effect of all this is that he's being more honest with me about his own insecurities and fears. Which is only fair.

I'm heading off to visit my son for a couple of days and hope it's not very rainy on the bus trip. Some day I'll get up the nerve to rent a car to go see him, but not yet!

I hope anyone in Hurricane Andrew's way stays safe!
Old 07-03-2014, 07:20 AM
  # 90 (permalink)  

Have great fun with your son, Courage!
Old 07-03-2014, 07:50 AM
  # 91 (permalink)  

Hey gang. Sorry to have been MIA for a bit. I've been busy with my home projects this week. I plan to catch up on the posts that I missed later today.

On the drinking front...well, I've hit a couple meetings this week and they always seem to keep me in check. While not a new feeling to me, I seem to be blessed with no desire to drink at all. It's not a feeling that I am unfamiliar with either. Without a program in my past it was these complacent times that made me most vulnerable.

The positive takeaway is that while I know that my emotional and spiritual sobriety is suffering during this limbo period, I do have a growing tool box that is keeping any obsession to drink at bay. For that I am quite thankful!

Have a good day, Undies. Hey, no runnin with the devil, okay?

Carlos xx

ps: Courage, I may have a BA chip in recovery, but, much like Gilmer, I'm after my Doctorate. So, too bad, I'm glad, you're sad...or, still stuck with me...

Love this edit key...just read that you turned 5 months, PP. Congrats, my dear!!
Old 07-03-2014, 07:54 AM
  # 92 (permalink)  

Hi undies checkin in really quick before I start work.

Will catch up later

Congrats courage!!
Old 07-03-2014, 08:18 AM
  # 93 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by gleefan View Post
This is a monumental shift in my behavior and thinking, and truly the last thing I ever expected would happen when I decided to quit drinking!
Hey 19, I love this comment! I agree, there is a monumental difference between not drinking and working some sort of recovery program. I learned that the hard way all too often. Thanks for the thought!
Old 07-03-2014, 09:15 AM
  # 94 (permalink)  

Hi Undies.

Well, I hit the scale yesterday after 2 weeks working hard on this diet/exercise deal. After the first week I'd lost nothing and after 2 weeks I was up 2 pounds! I was a little disappointed, but I know that it is about more than the number. My endurance and strength have increased and I think I'm looking better. I'll chalk it up to that whole 'muscle weighs more than fat business'.

I slept in this morning til 9 so hoping I didn't ruin all the work I did trying to get up early. I'm telling myself I just needed to catch up on sleep.

Been working on learning how to make Android apps the last few days, so that has been an interesting challenge.
Old 07-03-2014, 10:18 AM
  # 95 (permalink)  

If you're looking better, DG, you're doing it right. Keep up the good work!

I just got back from the dentist. One of my molars hurts when I put pressure on it. The dentist didn't see any cavities or abscesses; however, from my reactions to his bite tests, he thinks I must have a fracture up inside the tooth--which necessitates my going to an endodontist and getting a root canal!

Ugh! Has anybody here ever had one? I've heard horror stories, and I've also heard that it was a breeze. I've had a new dental crisis every year for the last five years!

He thought the probable cause of the fracture was the fact that I'm a teethgrinder at night (I guess all the day's stress comes out in full force while I'm sleeping!).

I must've inherited my mom's teeth. My dad is coming up on 90 and he's never lost a tooth! I don't know if he's ever even had a cavity!
Old 07-03-2014, 01:30 PM
  # 96 (permalink)  
Living and Loving Life at Last

Gilmer, so you said yourself different folk have different tales, I advise you don't listen to anyone but your dentist.

Gleefan, it is difficult to learn to allow others to hold their own issue when one is an enabler, so kudos to you to be finding your way to do that.

N49, all seems ok here just now, I think we get it worse tomorrow, the 4th July fireworks have been brought forward to tonight.

GCG love the furbabies! ,y Molly so a labradoodle too. But had more of a lab coat.

Carlos good to see you back sweetie, we definitely need you in Undies.

Being female, of course I am Attatched to my Overries, but I am comfortable here in my Undies too!

Trachy, I'm happy to see you becoming a regular, we are definitely in need of chortles

Drake, I'll just follow you where ever you are! Lol

DG I put on weight when I first started working out too. Don't be put off, you will notice your shape changing before you actually notice the weight dropping. But once you build more muscle mass you will lose weight quicker. Keep at it sweetie, you know all there is to know about being in it for the long haul x
Old 07-03-2014, 01:35 PM
  # 97 (permalink)  

Courage, you deserve a post all to yourself honey.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg
image.jpg (43.5 KB, 28 views)
Old 07-03-2014, 02:02 PM
  # 98 (permalink)  

Hi all, unfortunately I let the anxiety rule and drank last night. I asked my husband to go get that bottle of wine that I had asked him to hide in the garage 3 nights ago. He just laughed and got it for me. Can't blame the guy he has lived with this for the last year since I admitted my struggle with drinking to him. Well I said to him (and myself) at least I got through 2 nights. That is the most for awhile.

Sometimes I wish I could have realised when I was a child how great it was to be young without the weight of responsibilities and anxieties of life, and just enjoyed it more. This is not a poor me post, nor a beat myself up one, I fully acknowledge where I am at. Just helps me to write it all out. Today is a new day x by the way, my real name is Suzie
Old 07-03-2014, 02:09 PM
  # 99 (permalink)  

Godd to see you back and posting, Suzie. That's what helped me to keep getting sober till I was able to build some serious time up. It was really therapeutic to post my thoughts and struggles, and truly encouraging to get the feedback and support and help from the people on SR. I found myself greatly liking the people on my pet threads and desiring not to let them down! SR has saved my butt many times!
Old 07-03-2014, 06:04 PM
  # 100 (permalink)  

Suze if quitting was easy we wouldn't need the support of sites like SR. Perhaps it is time for a deeper heart to heart with hubby and perhaps a trip to your doctors? If you are nervous about stopping drinking, your hubby will need to be able to support you to recover rather than enable you to drink. X