Notices

One Year & Under Club Part 34

Old 07-02-2014, 05:01 AM
  # 61 (permalink)  

Kris, how are you feeling? You haven't checked in recently.

Tanja? Please stop in!
Old 07-02-2014, 05:37 AM
  # 62 (permalink)  

CONGRATS ON 4 MONTHS ALY!!
Old 07-02-2014, 05:41 AM
  # 63 (permalink)  
Marchia in Aeternum

Originally Posted by tootsl1 View Post
Yay! My very own, somewhat slow stalker!!!
Old 07-02-2014, 06:52 AM
  # 64 (permalink)  

Running late but checking in!
Old 07-02-2014, 07:23 AM
  # 65 (permalink)  
p***enger

Congratulations Alysheba!

Gleefan, I plan to go tomorrow. It seems kind of unlikely from today's point of view, but that's the plan!

Hope all the Canadians had a Happy Day -- sorry I missed it!

Northof49, I don't know if you were joking, but I agree about working from bed. Sometimes it's better than nothing and that's good enough.

Gracette, there are some lessons to be learned from our pasts, but be careful and take your time about trying to learn them. If you're in AA, I think that's one of the main things a sponsor is or should be helpful for -- guiding you to look at your past without getting swallowed up in self-recrimination. They say, learn to look but don't stare.

Goldcoastgirl, it's good to see you back!

Siesta, I like the little conversation by text your husband had with stepdaughter. She knows there's a lifeline if she needs it.

Toots, Drake, BoozeFree, gilmer, trachemys, and all --
Old 07-02-2014, 11:27 AM
  # 66 (permalink)  
Marchia in Aeternum

Do you now how strange it is to find yourself thinking: "I wonder what's going on in the undies?"
Old 07-02-2014, 12:28 PM
  # 67 (permalink)  

Oh, yes!
Old 07-02-2014, 02:14 PM
  # 68 (permalink)  

Hi all, just a quick check before I go into the office or the Bat Cave as I call it! Have hung in there and battled that anxiety. Look like rubbish and hanging on by a thread but know picking up a drink is just a bandaid. I work for myself and am waking up feeling overwhelmed and dreading starting the day. Need to sort that out so back to enjoying it again. Have a great day everyone x
Old 07-02-2014, 02:18 PM
  # 69 (permalink)  

There are distinct advantages to working for yourself, GCG: fewer interruptions and no nagging! It takes a lot of motivation and self-discipline, though. I admire people who are in business for themselves!
Old 07-02-2014, 02:51 PM
  # 70 (permalink)  

The best part Gilmer is that I get to have my two beautiful dogs with me in the office x
Old 07-02-2014, 02:53 PM
  # 71 (permalink)  

That's very cool! What kind of dogs are they? Can you post pictures?
Old 07-02-2014, 04:44 PM
  # 72 (permalink)  

Yes GCG, dog pics please

Hi undies,
Relaxing today on my day off.
We got an update about hubby's daughter. His son called and said he let her stay at his place while he was on a trip with mom. He gave her a few rules and apparently she broke all of them. He wouldn't go into too much detail but I guess he's in hot water with his roommates and has a lot of apologizing and fixing to do. He said she trashed the place, and disrespected everyone's stuff. Sounds familiar to me. He's a typical partying college student so it says a lot that even he couldn't put up with her shenanigans.
We don't know where she is now, and if he does, he's not telling.
Anyway, it was great to hear from him. He seems to be doing great. It made hubby feel so much better just to hear from him.
I'm facing some new challenges myself with my oldest son. He's almost 19, and living next door. He was going to college but has recently stopped. We had a deal that I would help with things like groceries, as long as he was in school. He asked me for the grocery money again this month and I transferred it without thinking. When I realized it, I got pretty mad. Here I am working my butt off while he drops out and hasn't gotten a full time job. He was on the right track just a couple months ago and now things are changing a lot for him as far as his motivation. He smokes weed and I'm sure that's to blame for a lot of it. I know it's an age thing and might change on it's own but I think I'm going to have to stop enabling him just so I don't feel used. He's a really good kid and I dread having the talk with him but I know I'm not being a good parent by letting him skate by without working for things. I hate to think he might be using that grocery money for weed. Ugh!! Teenagers!!
Old 07-02-2014, 04:47 PM
  # 73 (permalink)  

Yeah. He broke the deal, so it sounds like you should stop the cash. How is his spirituality going?
Old 07-02-2014, 06:07 PM
  # 74 (permalink)  

I usually know what's going on in my "undies" do you?? Thanks guys, you made my day! lol
Old 07-02-2014, 06:12 PM
  # 75 (permalink)  
Living and Loving Life at Last

Siesta, the sooner you talk to him the better, it doesn't have to be a heavy conversation, but it does need to be had.

GCG it is tough to focus when you work from home, sometimes giving youself specific break times, some people ever dress for work!

Trachy we love messing with our Undies here!! :lmoa:

I am having probs with my internet connections at the moment so my visits are intermittent and frustrating. I do read, but struggle posting xx
Old 07-02-2014, 06:13 PM
  # 76 (permalink)  

He's still studying Buddhism. He's also still a Vegan. He's very helpful with the dog and a really sweet kid. He had a full time job but it didn't work out, and the part time one isn't enough imo. Haha he'll probably say "the man is bringing him down" when I tell him he needs to work for his grocery money. He's such a hippy kid.
Old 07-02-2014, 06:16 PM
  # 77 (permalink)  

When he tells you "the man is bringing him down," you can say "the boy needs to eat!"

I'm glad you guys are still on good terms.
Old 07-02-2014, 06:19 PM
  # 78 (permalink)  

Seriously though, there's lots of advantages for having your own business... time off when you want it, sitting at your desk (or in your bed) in a housecoat, coffee in hand doing paperwork, setting your own schedule, being very pleased when a project finishes on time with the profit margins you projected.....

Then the downside... overhead costs, staff schedules, accounts payable/receivable, insurance, estimating, and not getting any time off when you want because you're too busy!

The big thing is to be happy and content at whatever you are doing.... be the best you can be, give and expect nothing more than doing your best.... the rest will fall into place and at the end of the day you can relax and know that your contribution means a whole lot more than you are giving yourself credit for...
Old 07-02-2014, 06:21 PM
  # 79 (permalink)  
p***enger

Originally Posted by trachemys View Post
Do you now how strange it is to find yourself thinking: "I wonder what's going on in the undies?"
Trachemys, glad to see a newbie on this thread with a sense of humor. Reminds me of the old days. There's plenty of room in these Undies for you!

Old 07-02-2014, 06:36 PM
  # 80 (permalink)  
Marchia in Aeternum

Normally, at this stage of quitting I would not be a humorous guy. Better living through chemistry!