Notices

One Year & Under Club Part 34

Old 07-01-2014, 06:46 AM
  # 41 (permalink)  
p***enger

Congratulations, Aarryckha!

Gilmer, I love your milestone, too! Woo-Hoo!

BoozeFree, I'm glad you have someone sober to hang out with. Maybe she will help you connect with other people in your community in recovery.

I'm running late today but am sending everyone supportive and warm thoughts.
Old 07-01-2014, 08:07 AM
  # 42 (permalink)  

Congrats AARRY!

Gilmer 5,000!?! Wow that's a lot!

GF we were talking about music and stuff and partying and I said ya I don't drink and she was all oh ya? Bc of a bad hangover or something? And being that I've seen the NA tags she had I just said no, it takes over my life. Anyway she just got 6 months sober this past weekend. We only talked a bit about it bc of co workers walking around but she asked if I wanted to go to some punk shows sober with her so I figured ya why not? I know I need to get out more.

Off to work. Gonna swing by the park and let my dog run a bit now that schools out.
Old 07-01-2014, 08:11 AM
  # 43 (permalink)  

Northof49 and ABCowboy (wherever you are), Happy Canada Day!
Old 07-01-2014, 09:30 AM
  # 44 (permalink)  

Hi undies!
Quick check in. Today is my Saturday, and hubby is finally back so we're going to go play a fun 9 hole course. We had planned on surfing but there's not much surf to speak of. Work has been going really well, and haven't had much cravings lately. No stepdaughter news except hubby text her to say he was thinking about her, and she text back that she is ok.
BF, I'm glad you have someone at work to talk to. Very cool that you guys are planning the sober outing to the punk show. Sounds fun!

Aarry, congrats on 4 months!!

Gilmer, that's a ton of posts! Keep it up! We're lucky to have you with us.
Glee,
I love your post about not missing out on things being sober, but focusing on what we are gaining instead. I'm so much more active these days and have so much more time to fit in fun things without drinking getting in the way.

Have a great day undies. Hi to everyone reading
Old 07-01-2014, 10:43 AM
  # 45 (permalink)  

I agree, Siesta. Isn't life just so much richer in sobriety? I don't think I would have said that a year ago--I was still treading water then. Not exactly white-knuckling, but certainly no pink cloud, either. Contentment just sort of settled in somewhere when I wasn't looking for it--I was just doing life!
Old 07-01-2014, 02:51 PM
  # 46 (permalink)  

Morning all, I am back again. Anxiety going through the roof which is what the alcohol usually dampens down. Started the day off with meditation now facing the pile of work that awaits me in my business and I want to go back to bed and hide under the covers.
Old 07-01-2014, 02:52 PM
  # 47 (permalink)  

Welcome back, GCG!
Old 07-01-2014, 02:57 PM
  # 48 (permalink)  

Any chance you can take your work with you back to bed? Not very helpful I know, but trying to put a smile on your face, smiling and happy chases away the anxiety! Sing, whistle, talk to yourself and/or to us, whatever it takes (no booze though) to get you through the day! (((big hug)))
Old 07-01-2014, 03:53 PM
  # 49 (permalink)  

Hey all,

Just wanted to say thanks to everyone for the 30 days congrats and especially for the encouragement to take it easy. People keep telling me that, turns out I should listen! After actually doing that Saturday night - but doing something actually relaxing like reading a book rather than avoiding/numbing out on the computer while beating myself up - I felt up to doing some basic cleaning and straightening up on Sunday night! So now my apartment is much more pleasant and I learned a good lesson about perfectionism.

I'm on day 33 now, and feeling really just... great. The only problem is that I can fully see now what I was doing to myself for 15 years and that can be pretty depressing. But I'm trying to remember that I'm here now and that's what matters.

Congrats on 4 months Aarry!

BF that's great that you found someone who can identify with your recovery to hang out with. I'm sorry to hear about your friend's sister.
Old 07-01-2014, 07:55 PM
  # 50 (permalink)  
Living and Loving Life at Last

Yay! My very own, somewhat slow stalker!!!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg
image.jpg (36.0 KB, 32 views)
Old 07-01-2014, 08:03 PM
  # 51 (permalink)  

Or possibly you were looking for Gilmer Trachy, in which case, she went > that way!!

Aaryckha congratulations on 4 months, a third of a year! That is immense!

Courage you are so über cool, I wish I knew more about obscure music, but I wasn't allowed a record player or radio until I was about 16, I missed out on so much.

BeFree, I do like a lot of the original British punk though! Enjoy your gig. Shame about your pals sister, how tragic for her and her kids. What a waste of a life.

Talking of which Gracette, none of us escape the ' I wish I hadn't.....' 'Why did I waste so much time...' Scenarios. Fact is there is no point beating ourselves up over things we can't change, it is a self indulgence we cannot afford as we move ever forwards in sobriety, looking to make today and tomorrow better places to be.

Glee, it's wonderful how committed you are to your sobriety and self improvement.

Gilmer, how's your dad doing?

Drake I'm glad HRH is continually improving.

Oh loves. I've run out of day again, so hugs and kisses to those I didn't get round to mwah mwah
Old 07-01-2014, 08:04 PM
  # 52 (permalink)  

Congrats on 4 Aarryckha!
Old 07-01-2014, 09:34 PM
  # 53 (permalink)  

GCG glad to see you back again fellow undie!

Anyone heard from cowboy or Babs lately??

Well I have some news undies. I was checking my emails on my lunch and that other job I mentioned contacted me wanting to discuss an offer for me. I ended up talking with my current boss and explained I love where I currently work and how much I like my co workers but struggling financially to get by and he ended up matching what the new job was gonna offer so it was a win win. He also asked in the future when the current manager retires if I would be interested in filling that position which might not be for a year or so but I said definitely. Glad things worked out.
Old 07-01-2014, 09:38 PM
  # 54 (permalink)  
p***enger

BF, that's wonderful news. Congratulations!
Old 07-02-2014, 03:22 AM
  # 55 (permalink)  

That's terrific, BF! And your future looks promising, too!

Toots, thanks for asking about my dad. He is very confused, but he is beginning to admit that he's no longer 100%. He has become very humble and charming. We are actually growing closer!

Nobody is as shocked as I am! This is sheer grace! Two weeks ago I was extremely irritated and impatient with interruptions from him; now that he's honestly struggling and not arrogantly asserting his full independence I am amazed to find that my heart has gone out to him! He is genuinely grateful that I am patiently helping him! I have been able to view him as an old buddy who's in a jam, and that has really helped!

Are you back in Boston now, Toots?
Old 07-02-2014, 04:13 AM
  # 56 (permalink)  

Alysheba, CONGRATULATIONS on your 4 month milestone! Please stop in here more often!
Old 07-02-2014, 04:39 AM
  # 57 (permalink)  

Gilmer, I'm not sure how much of his confusion he understands, but even a little can be terrifying, I remember when patients in my care had bouts of lucidity, quite horrible for them. At least it has given a new dimension to your relationship.

BeFree, now you really have something tangible to put a face on for your long term sobriety plans, I am so happy to see your current boss is showing you how much he values you not just now but long term. It also gives you a possibility to spend some personal time ( if you have the drive and desire) to look at ways you would make changes around the place. And work closer with the practise manager getting to know the role in more detail. I'm excited for you!

Courage I listened to Devo, mad bunch! Took me back to that electronic era before everything went 'unplugged'

Belated happy Canada day N49 yeehaw and all that!

GCG, good to see you, stick close for encouragement and support.

Hugs all and Happy Hump Day! (See folks, Monday is but a distant memory already!) xx
Old 07-02-2014, 04:43 AM
  # 58 (permalink)  

Gcg - Welcome back!!

Aly - Congratulations on four months sober. Way to go!

Gilmer - I'm glad that you're finding meaning and joy in caring for your dad. You seem to be hitting your stride. I'm happy for you.

BFree - I'm glad that you were able to have a productive discussion with your boss to attain what you need, the security and comfort of your present environment with better pay. Win win. Plus you've made a sober connection where you currently are. Another win. Everything's coming up BFree because you're putting a lot of effort into your life.

Courage - When do you leave to see your son?

I've been enjoying summer vacation. Crossfit has been awesome, with all those movements pushing me beyond my preconceived limits. I'm also making time everyday to meditate. That's led to some really interesting breakthroughs, insights, and ideas.

I feel like I'm turning a corner, from trapped by my aholics and isms, my fears and my dependencies, to capable of breaking free.
Old 07-02-2014, 04:47 AM
  # 59 (permalink)  

It is quite a wonderful thing to behold, GF--your rapid and deep growth in such a short time! You're really making the most of your recovery! I'm proud of you!
Old 07-02-2014, 04:59 AM
  # 60 (permalink)  

I'm not particularly precocious. Last May I felt an unravelling in my life and started to contemplate the meaning of my place in the world. I didn't start processing through my life's desires until I stopped drinking. Alcohol helped me ignore the barriers I put up to living an authentic life. I've only been sober 4 months, but my recovery started last May.