Notices

Class Of December 2013 - Part 5

Old 06-10-2014, 07:58 AM
  # 41 (permalink)  

I will not try any alcohol until next year end of April. And hopefully by that time I am so used to be a non-drinker that I won't even consider having a glass of wine. Maybe if I still feel the urge to drink coming back, I'll just get another shot.
No alcohol means also that I had to change my mouthwash and hand sanitizer and my doctor also told me not to take valerian root drops (because drops contain alcohol) and also I can't eat rum filled coconat chocolate balls (this really sucks, these candys have been my favorite for 15 years already).

I'm still on the "Island", I am so bored, my mom-in-law doesn't let me do anything, she "orders" me to sit and just relax. She takes care of my sons, she coocks and cleans and she does everything in the garden. I'm only needed when boys go to sleep.
I thought I would really enjoy this but I am already all manicured and pedicured.

Ah, will go for another round to watch cows in the paddock. The neighbours have some purebred bulls and cows. Bulls are scary.
Old 06-10-2014, 09:30 AM
  # 42 (permalink)  

Just enjoy.
Old 06-11-2014, 07:04 AM
  # 43 (permalink)  

How is it going Vet? I hope you have settled down and are going easy getting back on track.

Muhv, sounds like some R&R big time. I was wondering why you were even planning to start drinking again in April. Just to reiterate what was said earlier, that shot does not prevent you from drinking, it makes you horribly ill if you do. Remember the reasons you quit in the first place. Those of us that had a real reason to quit should not believe we can go back to normal drinking again.

Yesterday I started to reorganize the cupboards. I boxed many beer glasses, wine glasses etc. Packed up various wine things. Wife and I made a pact last night. Neither of us will ever drink again. We don't need it. Next on the list is cutting out fat from the diet. I have been splurging lately and eating a lot of fatty meat. More than I have in the past five years. My BP is elevated and I'm sure my cholesterol is taking a hit. So it's time to get back to a real healthy way of living. Tobacco is next.
Old 06-11-2014, 07:16 AM
  # 44 (permalink)  

LBrain, what is R&R?

ANd don't worry, I have no plan to drink again, I am now a non-drinker (sounds better than alcoholic). I have had plenty of alcohol in my life and now it was time to stop and thats it. I am very glad I have a strong support group around me and they will not drink when I am around if I say it bothers me. It doesn't, but I feel really confident about my own drinking problem knowing that they are willing to do this for me.
Old 06-11-2014, 07:32 AM
  # 45 (permalink)  

Thanks Brain. Doing well and back on track.
Old 06-11-2014, 08:21 AM
  # 46 (permalink)  

R&R - rest and relaxation.

Sounds like we are on a good road today
Old 06-11-2014, 07:38 PM
  # 47 (permalink)  
waking down

My wife quit drinking several years before she turned 50. She said she was going to drink a fine bottle of red zin on her 50th birthday. Never happened...
Old 06-12-2014, 02:47 AM
  # 48 (permalink)  

Hi everyone. Super crazy busy at work - very long days. Not much down time :-)

Hope you're all well. I'm on day 4 of no sugar, too!
Old 06-12-2014, 05:03 AM
  # 49 (permalink)  

good to see you TL, hope all is well. Keeping sugar out of your diet is awesome. I never 'officially' gave up sugar. Over the years I just never used it. Now that I'm over the chocolate and sweets thing I discovered that I intake no sugar except for fruits and now the occasional ice cream. And of course the occasional soda or sweet tea.

Another damp and dreary day here. 60s to low 70s. Should top out around 75 (24C) today.
I have some squash to plant this morning and clean house. No internet issues since tech came on Sunday.
Old 06-13-2014, 02:56 AM
  # 50 (permalink)  

Day 5 of no sugar. I feel like a super hero :-)
Old 06-13-2014, 05:46 AM
  # 51 (permalink)  

I'm back from the Island, have to unpack, I hate unpacking.
Going to David Guetta concert this evening, but it's cold and rainy. I have no mood to go but since I already got the ticket...

Have a great weekend everyone!
Old 06-13-2014, 12:17 PM
  # 52 (permalink)  

try to make the best of it muhv... might turn out to be a great time...
Old 06-13-2014, 03:05 PM
  # 53 (permalink)  
waking down

I love live music as much now as when I was drunk or high. Last night I went to a local bar to see some bands. Great stuff. A rarity in this little town. Because it was Thursday, numerous people mentioned trying to moderate because of work in the morning. This was my old drinking crowd. I noticed they were all pretty drunk when they left around 11:00 P.M. I had to get up early, too, but because I wasn't drinking I didn't care about the late hour. Though people liked the last band, most were gone before they quit. I'm convinced many felt they had to leave to avoid drinking more. It wasn't that they were tired; they just feared morning. I was there 'til the final note, and though I am short on sleep, I feel fine today. What a treat.

Enjoy the show, muhv!!!
Old 06-13-2014, 03:09 PM
  # 54 (permalink)  
waking down

It just occurred to me how different that post (above) is to one I posted back in February about wanting to see music at the same bar. Back then I didn't much trust myself, or just didn't want to face people, explain myself, or be around alcohol. Last night my only "issue" with the experience is it's a struggling business, and I realized I wasn't contributing much because club soda is only $1 and I'm not gonna chug six of them. I ordered an appetizer to share with the old drinking crowd, though, and bought some CD's to support the bands. I'm a cheap date these days.
Old 06-13-2014, 04:43 PM
  # 55 (permalink)  

My wonderful black lab was run over by a truck just outside the house today. We buried him beside the house. Hard to lose a friend, albeit a different species. Not pretty. Surprised at how emotional this is for me.
Old 06-13-2014, 04:54 PM
  # 56 (permalink)  

I confess that I've been drinking heavily for the last month. Still do. Still like to check in here. Very thankful for the contact. from the other side.
Old 06-13-2014, 04:56 PM
  # 57 (permalink)  
Administrator

I'm very sorry for your loss Jack.

I hope you'll decide to stop drinking again. There's no answers back there JR.
D
Old 06-14-2014, 01:18 AM
  # 58 (permalink)  

I'm so sorry about your dog, Jack. I'd be heartbroken if anything happened to my cat.
Old 06-14-2014, 08:34 AM
  # 59 (permalink)  

So sorry to hear about your dog jack. What a terrible event. I know how the loss of a dog feels. Heartbreaking news.
Old 06-14-2014, 01:11 PM
  # 60 (permalink)  

I'm so so sorry about your dog Jack. Brings tears to my eyes, I feel so sad for you. I hope you find strenght to stop drinking. It's been 7 years since my dog Porso died and I still feel really sad when I think about him. He is burried next to my summerhouse, I planted an oak on his grave, it is growing to be a beautiful tree.