Notices

Class Of December 2013 - Part 5

Old 06-14-2014, 03:19 PM
  # 61 (permalink)  
waking down

Sorry for your loss.

I relapsed last time I had to deal with grief. Got trashed at my dad's wake. He'd a been proud.

Take care of yourself, my friend.
Old 06-14-2014, 03:26 PM
  # 62 (permalink)  

Thanks, everyone. Dealing with the dead dog on the road, a little traumatic, brought up other stuff for me, complicated. Anyway: beautiful late spring day here. I hope the weekend rocks for you all, wherever you are! Off to put together a butter chicken dinner. With fresh greens from the garden. The beat goes on.
Old 06-14-2014, 04:21 PM
  # 63 (permalink)  

Yes, we love our dogs, Muhv. They bring us so much. We are considering getting another. We'll see. Zero: as a reader, I must say that your post suggests a very interesting story. Glad that you've moved on. Though we never entirely move on. I guess that we make room for the baggage?
Old 06-15-2014, 07:13 PM
  # 64 (permalink)  
waking down

I'm working on losing my baggage. Someday I hope to be as skiiled at it as the airlines.
Old 06-17-2014, 01:55 AM
  # 65 (permalink)  

Hey-hey all! How is everyone doing? I'm pretty much ok, back at work, but only for 3 weeks, then I have another vacation I have so much vacation days and I have to take them this year or they will expire in the end of 2014.
My sons are with my mother in the cottage. I miss them so much, it's actually surprising. I thought I would be relaxed and feel free, but it is the opposite. But luckily I will see them on Friday already.
And next week we have Midsummer Day, big holiday, 4 days off from work. The whole country is making bonfires and barbecue.
Old 06-17-2014, 05:22 AM
  # 66 (permalink)  

Bonfires and barbecues! Summer solstice stuff. I think we will be doing the same. Family congregating here. All the best to everyone.
Old 06-17-2014, 07:14 AM
  # 67 (permalink)  

Sounds like everyone getting into the summer 'up' here. I'm still just trudging along. Some lose ends to take care of and unemployment filing etc. Still kinda in limbo but getting closer to freedom from forms and documents.
Then look for work.
I'm afraid to ask permission to take a vacation . Vacation from what?!
Old 06-18-2014, 02:36 AM
  # 68 (permalink)  

Hang in there LBrain. Opportunity will appear where you least expect it.
Old 06-19-2014, 03:24 AM
  # 69 (permalink)  

HI everyone. I've never been so busy in my life with work. I'm exhausted. Plus it's the middle of winter here and it's fricking freezing.
Old 06-19-2014, 04:04 AM
  # 70 (permalink)  

TL, throw some of it my way -

Okay, silly time. The other day I saw a job fair banner at the post office. I figured why not - June 23 or 24. I stopped and asked a neighbor who does this work what it's like. I figured why not? So I applied. On line application again - I hate this s88t. Then you have to take the post office TEST. First part is a work/personality profile thing. Answer to the best of your ability. Then you have to register for the proctored test. I figured I did one of the most difficult jobs in America, how difficult can a post office exam be. So yesterday I figure I would find out what this test entailed. Really mindless stuff actually.
I took the short "practice test" and failed. What? The last section is the "memory" part.
You are given three minutes to study a list of addresses and then have to chose where they go from memory. A series of 9 ranges in three zones or none of the above. You have 7 minutes to put 60 addresses into one of the zones. Hell, I still have serious formulas and emergency procedures memorized verbatim. My mind is still a little zonked to memorized 9 address ranges in three minutes. Plus I just signed up for it not knowing what it was. So now I have a dentist appt this AM and right after that the 50 mile drive to some weird location near Philly to take a three hour postal exam. Sorry for rambling. I just thought it funny that my cavalier attitude toward this test may bite me in the rear.
Old 06-19-2014, 04:08 AM
  # 71 (permalink)  
Administrator

Best of luck Lbrain

You may not have got this show stateside but I'll be singing Postman Lbrain in your honour

D
Old 06-19-2014, 04:09 AM
  # 72 (permalink)  
Administrator

Hope you're busy enough to keep warm TL

D
Old 06-19-2014, 04:54 AM
  # 73 (permalink)  

Sounds nightmarish, LB. Be thankful that you do not have the specific memory skills demanded by the PO test. With software replacing memory these days, seems to me that this test is very 1950ish. I think: Eisenhower. What about critical thinking? Does it matter much? I suggest you consider embracing early retirement, and start something like your own landscaping business. Fishing guide. Something that works for you. Gorgeous, chilly, sunny spring day here. Plan to cut a few trees in my small woodlot maintenance project slash firewood collection. Good day to all.
Old 06-19-2014, 04:55 AM
  # 74 (permalink)  

Thanks Dee. Yeah, that would be me. Just a temp job driving my own jeep on a rural route. Get me out of the house and make a few bucks while I search for a job in my field.
Can be done work by the afternoon, play golf or fish and work my garden.
Old 06-19-2014, 05:03 AM
  # 75 (permalink)  
Administrator

best wishes for it anyway LB

D
Old 06-19-2014, 02:41 PM
  # 76 (permalink)  

Good luck with the test LB. Have a safe trip.
Old 06-20-2014, 07:21 AM
  # 77 (permalink)  

Good luck LBrain.
Old 06-20-2014, 09:41 AM
  # 78 (permalink)  

A few loose ends to take care of. I extended my tax deadline this year. Last night came to discover a missing document. Now I have to call (or go on line - agh!) to request a new copy. Call the tax man and set up an appt. Go to spouse HR dept and make sure everything is in order and rop off some forms. Yesterday I used up my last dental appt on my old benefit - get as much as you can. I loved when they said see in you in six months - maybe, but I don't think you participate in my new plan. Then I think a trip to Cabelas may be in order today or tomorrow for that fishing rod I just have to have.

Good weekend all.
Old 06-20-2014, 05:32 PM
  # 79 (permalink)  

What temperature makes the 'frickin freezing' mark for you, tigerlili? Just wondering. Probably 10C?
Old 06-20-2014, 07:52 PM
  # 80 (permalink)  

Ummm....yeah :-)

In fairness though it's always considerably colder in my double brick apartment than outside :-)