Notices

Class of April 2014 Part 11

Old 06-04-2014, 05:04 PM
  # 161 (permalink)  

I'm actually not cynical right now, I'm actually getting angered and envious of people enjoying their lives
Old 06-04-2014, 05:06 PM
  # 162 (permalink)  

Glad you made an appointment, ST. I'm not a fan of doctors either but it's worth it just to have some idea of what's actually wrong. Gives you something to work with.

Today was productive for me. Had my first physical theraphy session and discovered there are muscles in my shoulder I never knew about that will be sore tomorrow. Also got a good explanation of what "impingement" is (rotator cuff muscles getting pinched between the arm bone and collarbone) and how to work around it. Nice to have knowledge and a plan.

I also replaced the old leaky faucet in my kitchen with a shiny new one that you can pull the head down and it has a hose built in to it. Only sprayed myself in the face with rusty water once or twice, too. In fact I was feeling pretty competent, and then I went to get groceries and locked myself out of the house.

At least I know how to break in, now. Should probably make "install a deadbolt on the back door" my next project, though.
Old 06-04-2014, 05:07 PM
  # 163 (permalink)  

I know not everone has it easy, but so many people posses an ability to see past the bad stuff and still enjoy things, whatever they are. It's a silly way to think but they make me angry, just like "oh shuttt upppp" and if not that, then the people I know personally complaining how bad everything is, when in fact I know 150% that isn't the case
Old 06-04-2014, 05:08 PM
  # 164 (permalink)  

I'm really sick of this roller coaster
Old 06-04-2014, 05:14 PM
  # 165 (permalink)  
Administrator

You're not standing still tho.

You're on track to see the Dr and hopefully sort some of this stuff out. Thats a step closer than you have been ST.

as for envy and jealousy - I always try to remember we all wear masks at various times. None of us really know whats going on in someone else's life, yeah?

We all have pain too. I'm not sure it's productive to compare people's pain ST?

D
Old 06-04-2014, 05:18 PM
  # 166 (permalink)  

Yea your right, but I'm not being productive anyway other then doing what needs to be done
Old 06-04-2014, 05:34 PM
  # 167 (permalink)  

Hi everyone,
AppleKat, I quit coffee 16 years ago, the day after I sold my restaurant and walked away from it. I do drink tea, but it effects me differently. My coffee cup was a quart sized mason jar, filled about 1/3 with espresso, and the rest with coffee, and I'd refill it all day long. I was kind of a psychobitch in those days... The first few days without I had a headache, but otherwise it was an easy transition. Quitting coffee did wonders for my temperament, and my stomach which used to hurt all the time.
I'm heading to Texas in the morning, I have to leave my house at 3:45am, so I've been scrambling all day to get everything done that I put off this week. The only thing left to do is to clean my kitchen, which I'm putting off now. I'll be visiting my sister and her family, and going on a road trip with my sister and niece. Not looking forward to the predicted 98 degree weather, but am looking forward to it otherwise. I think I got the hang of flying without drugs last month, since I'm not thinking about it much this time.
I hope you're all doing ok.
Old 06-04-2014, 06:48 PM
  # 168 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Adnamaeel View Post
Hi everyone, AppleKat, I quit coffee 16 years ago, the day after I sold my restaurant and walked away from it. I do drink tea, but it effects me differently. My coffee cup was a quart sized mason jar, filled about 1/3 with espresso, and the rest with coffee, and I'd refill it all day long. I was kind of a psychobitch in those days... The first few days without I had a headache, but otherwise it was an easy transition. Quitting coffee did wonders for my temperament, and my stomach which used to hurt all the time. I'm heading to Texas in the morning, I have to leave my house at 3:45am, so I've been scrambling all day to get everything done that I put off this week. The only thing left to do is to clean my kitchen, which I'm putting off now. I'll be visiting my sister and her family, and going on a road trip with my sister and niece. Not looking forward to the predicted 98 degree weather, but am looking forward to it otherwise. I think I got the hang of flying without drugs last month, since I'm not thinking about it much this time. I hope you're all doing ok.
Adna- I think coffees been making me edgy for sure... Thx for further confirmation that I need to quit it. Hope you enjoy TX !
Old 06-04-2014, 07:49 PM
  # 169 (permalink)  

ST - hope you're doing better.
Adna - thanks for the push.

I may try to skip coffee tomorrow and do tea. Then a couple sodas later. And of course my sparkling water. Hubby thinks it's expensive but I'm like, Hello!!! Lol.
Old 06-04-2014, 07:59 PM
  # 170 (permalink)  

kittenme,
I've used one of those type faucets at a friends house , ..... they are great.

Does that shot seem to be helping with your range of motion ?
I should probably put a lock, like any lock on my doors at home. lo
You can imagine the valuables I have , right ? ....no gold, no guns, ....maybe some thief would want some books , or pots and pans !?

actually, I used to lock the last place I lived, after some d bag stole my bike one afternoon.
That was 24 years ago, and I'm still po'd about that !?!!
Now I have a giant eye bolt on the front porch that I lock my bike to now, but not even a lockable front or back door. Trying to keep things in perspective , and all.

Izzy, ...how is the new landscaping around the water feature going ?

I need to pm Stormi and ask her if I can grow a mango tree from one of the seeds I keep throwing out ?

Chickchick ,
I'm so glad you were able to be there today, ...like fully there for your mom and your family,........

Adna , ....stay cool down there. 98* Texas heat will be some change for you !?!
.....hope you get a little sleep tonight

DD, that's an inspiring story about your learning to play the piano.

Applekat , sounds like a plan...keep us posted,

Went out for 24 miles on the bike this afternoon before work. It's a slow process, ...but beats the hell out of what I was doing this time last year on working out, ....absolutely nothing . I wasn't even planning on working out, from week to week, month to month ....just not an option in my mind.

Grateful to, at least,.. have the motivation these days.

Thanks for all the posts y'all.
Old 06-04-2014, 08:06 PM
  # 171 (permalink)  
Hillbilly Girl

Hope you get some good rest Chick

Have a safe & good trip Adna Hope you get some rest too, before leaving so early. Thanks for the tip on frames...I'm a big thrift store shopper, but never thought about that.

Kitten...glad you got started with the physical therapy - muscle being pinched between bone...thats gotta hurt.

Hope you have a better day tomorrow ST.

Kat - I'm okay with my 1 or 2 cups of coffee, but much more than that definitely effects my mood.

Taking it "easy" tonight. Spoiled myself with a little shopping trip this afternoon...didn't get anything huge, a new pair of pants, a sundress to wear while I water in the evening & a sweet little wind chime for my porch. Was nice to do that...now when I think...you shouldn't buy that, I think why not, I would have easily spent that money on alcohol...so go ahead, buy it!!

Son called me while I was still out & said there was something wrong with the dog. His eyes are real droopy & he is lethargic.....Son was crying & comforting him when I got home. Nothing I can do tonight but keep him comfortable & if he is the same in the am, I will take him in.

Good Night All
Old 06-04-2014, 08:13 PM
  # 172 (permalink)  
Hillbilly Girl

Hope you have a good night at work TS I need to have my biked looked at....gears aren't sounding too good & I would really like to start riding again....rode a lot last summer when I didn't have my license & am in riding distance to the river & some nice farm land.
Old 06-04-2014, 08:43 PM
  # 173 (permalink)  

oh . , Mariah , I hope your pooch will be feeling better soon.

You're so right about spending the extra cash on something nice for yourself,.....something your not renting,...for that little space and time.

if you are able to keep your bike out of the elements, ..that's a huge plus. I can clean, and lube the chain and gears myself, but have a heck of a time making adjustments to the shifters, ....the mechanics at the bike shops do a great job. It's always worth it to have a smooth sounding drivetrain to me. If it's not , I feel like I'm doing all this extra work ( mentally at least )
That , and keeping my tires fully inflated. That one thing alone makes for easier rides.
Old 06-04-2014, 08:45 PM
  # 174 (permalink)  
Administrator

I hope your dogs is better by morning Mariah

D
Old 06-04-2014, 08:57 PM
  # 175 (permalink)  

Mariah - hope your pup is feeling better!

TS - you inspire me with your bike rides! I don't even own a bike, but it sounds like a great way to be outside and work out.

I don't think I could (or, more accurately, would want to) give up coffee. One travel mug in the AM as I sit at my desk and ease into the day is heaven. No soda though!

Went to the farmer's market tonight with a friend and then had shrimp tacos for dinner. Not a bad way to spend a Wednesday evening A lot better than guzzling a bottle of wine alone and dragging into work tomorrow completely hungover, that's for sure.

Good night, y'all!
Old 06-04-2014, 09:09 PM
  # 176 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by DancingDiva View Post

Went to the farmer's market tonight with a friend and then had shrimp tacos for dinner. Not a bad way to spend a Wednesday evening A lot better than guzzling a bottle of wine alone and dragging into work tomorrow completely hungover, that's for sure.

Good night, y'all!

amen to that !
Those sound great, ...are they like a fish taco, but with shrimp ?

Never thought of making a shrimp taco before.

DD , I guess there's two of not giving up coffee this week, anyway.
No soda for me either. That stuff worries me , but I worry just about everything probably. !?!
Old 06-04-2014, 09:12 PM
  # 177 (permalink)  
Administrator

wouldn't the shrimp go everywhere tho? lol

D
Old 06-04-2014, 09:34 PM
  # 178 (permalink)  
Hillbilly Girl

Dee

Its kept in the garage TS....I bought it off craigslist for cheap, so I will have my neighbor take a look at it & see if its "fixable".

Thanks for well wishes for my pup...he is not looking very well.

Glad you had a nice middle of the week night out DD! Those morning dragging HO into work are dreadful aren't they.
Old 06-04-2014, 09:42 PM
  # 179 (permalink)  

I hope your dog is ok, Mariah.
Dee, shrimp work best in soft tacos, and are really good.
Have a good night everyone.
Old 06-04-2014, 09:47 PM
  # 180 (permalink)  
Administrator

ah soft tacos - gotcha LOL

D