Notices

Class of April 2014 Part 11

Old 06-03-2014, 06:33 PM
  # 101 (permalink)  

Thank you, ok well I did the phone calls I have been putting off and it worked out, I have my primary care set to the closes hospital to me, south Nassau. They have a family care facility as well as doctors of various types across the board. Probably close to anything you could think of because it's connected to the hospital...I'm all set they take my insurance and will give me a referral to whatever I need after that...naturally I have to start with a checkup with my PRimary care, but I have to wait almost 3 weeks, I have an appointment on the 20th at 2:00pm...I have to work at that time and I tried to tell the woman that but because I am a new patient I can only take the day they offer me with the insurance I am on, it's fine tho I'm just gonna use it as an "excuse" to take off work and sleep in that morning, wake up and have some decent food...I probably won't be doing bloodwork cause by me you have to go to a special facility just for that, so well see how that goes after the initial check up. I called back and double checked I had an appointment with a different woman, which i did...and here you really have to make sure cause they can easily "forget". I also double checked my insurance was still accepted there cause it could change in a matter of 24 hours, and she said I'm fine as long as I keep the doctor there as my primary, which is no problem to me, I'm not picky or embarrassed with that stuff, I just need to get it done...so yea, 3 weeks I'll be getting looked at/checked and can express any other issues I have also...i did it I suppose right?
Old 06-03-2014, 06:42 PM
  # 102 (permalink)  

I didn't learn to drive until I was 33, and my 26 year old still doesn't know how. I've never had to go through teaching my teenager to drive, or worrying about her being on the road. I feel for you guys. I actually did come within inches of taking out a police car on the interstate a few years ago. I was going way too fast, but in my defense, he pulled out into traffic from a hidden spot on a median. I don't think that would have gotten me very far in court, though. It sure did scare me.
Lucrezia, thank you for posting about Kathleen DesMaisons research on sugar and alcoholism. I think the differences she noted in relapse rates with and without sugar are compelling.
Solitary, I am so glad you made an appointment to see a doctor. I think it would be beneficial to ask for a glucose tolerance test.
Mariah, for future reference, sometimes you can find really great eyeglass frames at goodwill, and get them fitted with your prescription. I couldn't believe how much they cost the first time I got glasses.
I hope you all have a wonderful evening.
Old 06-03-2014, 06:59 PM
  # 103 (permalink)  

DD - I don't know, you could probably go either way with which is cooler, Star Wars or George Michael. Lol.

Rock - nice job on the A!! I knew it, you're an over-worrier about grades and end up doing amazing. Reminds me of, me. I think the perfectionism thing ties into addiction just a little bit..!

ST - well done on the doctor! Keep us updated.

Mariah - i keep it lighthearted but actually I do worry about my kids talking and being understood. They both have severe speech delays. Another source of anxiety! I could probably be a speech pathologist by now, minus the official degree. But nonetheless yeah these kids just bring one worry after another for parents. Sheesh!! No rest for the weary.
Old 06-03-2014, 07:01 PM
  # 104 (permalink)  
Administrator

I think that was a great step forward ST

D
Old 06-03-2014, 07:18 PM
  # 105 (permalink)  

3777 - I can't recall your time zone, but I've missed ya (now that I'm back lol)! Hope all is well.
Old 06-03-2014, 07:26 PM
  # 106 (permalink)  

Thanks Applekat! And haha yeah, I'm super type A. Once as a little kid I totally remember crying over a B, so I've been that way a long time. I think I've read you talking about that feeling of wanting to be perfect before? I totally think it ties into addiction. I want everything to be 100% and when I fall short, which happens all the time cause that's life, I get into anxious catastrophe mode. The worst is when I get into anxious catastrophe mode before anything has actually happened because I'm worried I might fall short. All of these things usually go to do anything I can to block this out mode.

And nice job on getting the appointment scheduled ST!
Old 06-03-2014, 07:29 PM
  # 107 (permalink)  
Administrator

Congrats on your A Rockstonic

D
Old 06-03-2014, 08:02 PM
  # 108 (permalink)  

Thanks Dee!
Old 06-03-2014, 08:06 PM
  # 109 (permalink)  
Formerly ScrewdUpInDe

Rocks and ST I am proud of both of you.
Old 06-03-2014, 08:31 PM
  # 110 (permalink)  

Thanks everyone, I think in the back of my head I like don't wanna know kinda deal, but I have the appointment and gonna go, 3 weeks is a little long but it's the best I can get with what I have without compromising integrity
Old 06-03-2014, 08:42 PM
  # 111 (permalink)  

It was a step for me i think right? I have really been putting it off even before I got on this site
Old 06-03-2014, 09:16 PM
  # 112 (permalink)  
Administrator

I don't think you should be second guessing yourself at all ST.
It was a step forward. Nice one.

D
Old 06-03-2014, 09:20 PM
  # 113 (permalink)  
Hillbilly Girl

Great step ST & 3 weeks will be here before you know it. You might get a tablet out & make note of things you would like to address.

I'm sorry for that comment then Kat.....you seem like a great Mama, they are lucky little ones

Ready to call it a day & chill with my Son. He told me that while we were at they gym tonight one of the heavy lifters commented on his great form & was impressed with the amount of weights he is lifting...That's MY BOY

Night All - you are such a wonderful part of my days & give me the strength & hope that I can "beat" this thing.
Old 06-03-2014, 09:34 PM
  # 114 (permalink)  
Administrator

Sleep well guys

D
Old 06-03-2014, 09:53 PM
  # 115 (permalink)  
Blood Countess

ST I'm super proud of you!!

And goodnight peoples.
Old 06-03-2014, 11:18 PM
  # 116 (permalink)  

Hey guys- Has been an extra busy week. Trying to catch up getting up in a few hours to plant some stuff in my soon to be rock garden. Am pretty excited about that. Hope everyone's doing ok and enjoying summer so far!
Old 06-03-2014, 11:36 PM
  # 117 (permalink)  

Great work ST! Glad you made the appointment. It is a good thing! MariahGayle, your son sounds marvelous! Izzy - glad to hear from you! Hope you got your garden in! Pan
Old 06-03-2014, 11:45 PM
  # 118 (permalink)  

There been some great happenings while I've been asleep.

ST, that's what I call a breakthrough! Great work on banishing the procrastination demon. Seeing that this is pretty much a once in a lifetime experience, I think Mariahs idea about jotting down everything you want to address would be really helpful. That way you can make the absolute most of your session. Hope you're suitably pleased with yourself. Your virtual family are as proud as punch.

Rocks, more great news, an A! Wow, I'm so pleased for you, well done.

DD, are you doing your piano grades? I've lost my way with my piano playing again. It really is a difficult instrument to be competent at, but when I look at other people play, they make it look so easy. Playing the piano is definitely my Nemesis. Every now and then I torment myself by trying to relearn some old pieces, but I easily forget them again. There's something about the piano which keeps pulling me back. I'd love to hear more about how you're getting on with it.

Perhaps we could have a virtual duet (that way you wouldn't actually have to hear me play, which, trust me would be a good thing).

Have a great day everyone.

Last edited by Dee74; 06-04-2014 at 02:59 AM.
Old 06-04-2014, 03:04 AM
  # 119 (permalink)  

Thanks again Dee,
I think it might be late where you are,
Hope you have a good night's sleep,
X
Old 06-04-2014, 03:15 AM
  # 120 (permalink)  
Administrator

not so late - 8.15 pm but yes time to decompress and wind down

have a good day Free - and everyone

D