Notices

Class of April 2014 Part 11

Old 06-02-2014, 11:24 PM
  # 41 (permalink)  

Sleep well ST.

Dee, thank you for all you do, hope you're having a good day too!
X
Old 06-02-2014, 11:39 PM
  # 42 (permalink)  
Administrator

It was a good day thanks Freein14

D
Old 06-03-2014, 04:49 AM
  # 43 (permalink)  

I wanna stay in bed so bad today, off to work
Old 06-03-2014, 04:51 AM
  # 44 (permalink)  
Administrator

You'll be glad you did it after you've done it ST

Not to rub it in, but I'm off to bed lol

D
Old 06-03-2014, 05:15 AM
  # 45 (permalink)  

Happy Tuesday, friends!

Rocks/ChickChick/DD/Mariah - We've got this, girls (we're all girls, yes? LOL!). It's my official day 1 so I'm behind y'all a day or two or three or seven, but still. Let's stick this one.

Pan/3777 - Even through my mild slip of a few days I got my workout in each day. You? Pan, I have started a 21 day fix workout DVD program so I am only running very occasionally right now - giving my foot a break. I still don't know how you run so far, and so late at night!! You go!!

MrsB - OK, it's official. I want a cat! In all seriousness I've thought about getting a fish. Something about the glow and hum from a fish tank seems relaxing..

UP - Anything new for you?

ST - I hope today shapes up for you. I've missed you, and hope to see that happy, life loving guy come back. You're a huge part of this group.

Freein - I love making lists, and crossing things off. I rarely cross a full list off in any given day. I often add things to the list that I've already done or at least know I'll get done, so I can have some things crossed off.

Mariah - Now you've got me thinking about my early memories! However, my parents were/are not alcoholics. (I'm pretty sure it skipped a generation because my grandma died of cirrhosis.) They did have 5 kids so they are a little crazy though!! LOL.

Soli - You continue to be in my thoughts and prayers. I don't have experience with xanax but I think the very small prescription is probably right for now, and just set up an appointment to talk things through/get the right script for you if that's the direction you need to go. Hugs.

Today is a day of reflection. Reminding myself what worked for me to get consecutive days of sobriety. Re-employ those techniques, solidly. I know my slips have been within my own house. It's probably because I 'work harder' to have a plan in place for organized gatherings/events outside of the home. I was also 'stronger' when I was reading a book related to recovery or reminding me of what I am working to avoid. 37 out of 41 days of sobriety isn't NOTHING, and it wasn't EASY. Just a few months back that would have been 0/41 days sober. BUT, my goal is consecutive days.

TO DO:
Start taking a vitamin(s)
Find another recovery related book
Decrease caffeine intake/increase water intake
Continue with my workouts
Continue logging into and posting on SR

Old 06-03-2014, 05:29 AM
  # 46 (permalink)  

I'm just making myself out to be the victim again I guess, unhappy....My family is being stand offish to me as well and it's cause I told them the way I feel right now...I need them more then ever right now but also I don't really rely on them for that emotional support either, so I'm fine honesty...and then all other smaller bs that's taking place...I'm so sick of money too, like dealing with it and not having enough of it...more the not having enough of it...i wanted to call out today and just stay in bed and rest, this is probably the hardest time I had getting up not hung over..ungh...I need something and don't know what it is, I'm not talking about booze or drugs, I need to just feel a tiny bit better right now, I don't even wanna be happy that's not what I'm looking for, just a bit of certainty and a teeny bit of inner peace
Old 06-03-2014, 05:30 AM
  # 47 (permalink)  

Hang in there sol
Old 06-03-2014, 05:41 AM
  # 48 (permalink)  
Formerly ScrewdUpInDe

Morning Fools.

The view you have of the world will only change if you change the way you look at it. The view of your own life almost always does not match that which others see as your life.
Sometimes the lives that appear to be the easiest, most rewarding, and full of happiness, are not as they appear.......for we only see what is portrayed outward.
Look to the inside of those in your lives and you will find the real compassion which has been hidden from all.
Our world is a reflection of ourselves, what we find is what we search for

Hope everyone has a great day/night.
Old 06-03-2014, 05:41 AM
  # 49 (permalink)  

Your new kitty's adorable, MrsBee!

I've been realizing lately how much work I have to do, how many things I've let slide because of drinking. Going to church on Sunday brought back a wave of "stuff" I never dealt with from the last time I did that regularly, and I'm beginning to understand how much of that "stuff" there is. In life, at my job, projects around the house, thoughts not thunk, feelings not felt. All "stuff" I "stuff"-ed away, hoping there would be time to process it when I felt stronger.

I guess now's the time. Have to admit I don't think I ever -really- thought I would have to, like I figured I'd burn out and burn up before all this caught up with me, but here I am. Alive and sober and staring into the maw of a basement crammed full of "stuff", literally and metaphorically.

Oy. No other course of action but to put on gloves and dig in.
Old 06-03-2014, 05:44 AM
  # 50 (permalink)  

I'm on an F this kinda mode today, not good, and not even with sobriety, I'm hanging onto that, but seriously, this world makes me really angry, and I make myself angry
Old 06-03-2014, 06:45 AM
  # 51 (permalink)  

Thanks for the heartfelt words, UP.
I hope you find something to smile about today, ST.

My Little Pony references have got me thinking about my childhood cartoons. Rainbow Brite, Jem and the Holograms, Scooby Doo, Care Bears, Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles, Punky Brewster. Life was so simple back then!

Pilates done. I can almost touch my toes.
Old 06-03-2014, 06:54 AM
  # 52 (permalink)  

A feeling person in a desensitized world..
Old 06-03-2014, 07:39 AM
  # 53 (permalink)  

You all are a lot to keep up with! lol.
Obo, your stories are fabulous!! I can't wait for the next installment!
MrsBee, Roland is toooo stinkin' cute! I want a new kitty now!
Rock, I think you need to watch some Care Bears!! Love My Little Pony too, of course.

I want to reply to everyone, but that is what comes to mind for now. Laundry is calling my name. Seems it likes to pile up more when I drink (good reason to not drink!).

I have some not so fun stuff to deal with today and tomorrow a loved one passed away on Friday.

I am feeling strong in sobriety today, but I'm carrying around a baseball bat for when AV decides to be sneaky.

Have a great day everyone!
Old 06-03-2014, 07:59 AM
  # 54 (permalink)  

Kat, fish are awesome!!! I grew up with my dad always having huge, beautiful tanks of freshwater fish! Maintaining can be somewhat pricey, but freshwater fish are pretty darn low-maintenance once you have everything in place!

Roland says thanks for all the love, everyone! He's already getting big in the britches....made his way from his kitty bed into ours last night and we didn't have the heart to kick him out lol . Looks like three's company in the bee household!!!! My mom loved his pictures so much, she's thinking of adopting his brother!

Well....I'm heading to orientation for my new job....figured I would say hi before I leave to drive out there. Still have posts to catch up on reading, being a new cat mom is rough lol! Xoxoxo
Old 06-03-2014, 08:12 AM
  # 55 (permalink)  

Good morning,
MrsBee, your kitten is adorable, and I hope you have a wonderful day at work.
Soliloquy, I'm thinking of you. Please drive carefully today. The way you described your response to the Xanax you took is exactly the way it's supposed to work. It shouldn't make you feel altered at all, it should take the edge off your anxiety. Please be careful with it.
Obosob, fabulous installment of the Fool's Saga, thank you.

For all of you struggling with alcohol, I have some thoughts to share-

Alcohol basically turns to sugar in your body, so if you are taking in a lot of sugar as a sort of replacement for alcohol, you're continuing to feed at least part of the addiction, and that strikes me as dangerous to people trying to quit alcohol.
I know my experience is not with alcohol, but for me, I needed to starve the beast out of myself all the way, not keep feeding it on the crumbs of my addiction. The process sucked, but once I got through it, my cravings for opiates were gone.
My concern for a lot of you is that by taking in so much sugar, you are feeding your beasts on the metabolites of alcohol, and that doing this is keeping them alive and screaming inside of you. It may not only be the alcohol buzz that your addiction craves, but also the flood of sugar that alcohol produces in your body. I think starving it of both alcohol and sugar will kill it faster and more effectively.
I'm sorry this has been so hard for you guys, and I'm just speculating here, but I hope it helps.
Old 06-03-2014, 08:14 AM
  # 56 (permalink)  

I'm sorry for your loss ChickChick, and your laundry too.
Old 06-03-2014, 08:37 AM
  # 57 (permalink)  

I think you're onto something, Adna, but I also think it's a little more complicated than that. Personally, I never had a sweet tooth until after I started drinking and I know a lot of former drinkers who are major sugar-hounds. I'm certain there's a connection.

However, I've also found that when I experience real cravings for alcohol that eating sweets tends to quiet them, and that I only need to do that for a couple days. After that the cravings go away and so does the sweet tooth. This seems to happen every few weeks.

Is it prolonging the process? I don't know, maybe. It's helped me get this far, but maybe it doesn't work for everyone the same way. And maybe it doesn't work the same way at all times. If it stops working I'll certainly try something else.
Old 06-03-2014, 08:40 AM
  # 58 (permalink)  

Adna - Thanks for the insight on sugar. I'm going to start to identify any big sources of sugar in my daily life. And see what I can remove to start with. I just noted that our coffee creamer is sugar free. My hubby always chooses sugar free creamer because the dentist told him to at least do that if he was going to drink coffee. OK, so my diet soda also has sugar in it. And probably my every-other-night ice cream....hmmm. Work in progress!

Chick - Sorry about the loved one's passing. No fun. I too have 'loads' of laundry to do. Sigh.

Mrsbee - good luck at the orientation!! One of these days hubby is going to come home to a fish. LOL. I would have to start very small though.
Old 06-03-2014, 08:44 AM
  # 59 (permalink)  

I need sugars in my life, I came really close to passing out yesterday actually, I haven't been really eating sweets tho just drinking fluids with sugar in them mostly, my face gets tingly and hands too, and vision is fuzzy when it happens
Old 06-03-2014, 08:47 AM
  # 60 (permalink)  

Are you diabetic, ST?