Notices

One Year & Under Club Part 32

Old 06-03-2014, 08:56 AM
  # 401 (permalink)  

get well soon Tanja----
Old 06-03-2014, 08:58 AM
  # 402 (permalink)  

Hey undies!
Quick check in before work to make sure a HUGE CONGRATS goes to Carlos today!
Carlos happy 1 year! Hope you'll still stop by the undies thread! Have a great day!!!
Old 06-03-2014, 08:59 AM
  # 403 (permalink)  

Good Morning Undies,

Thank you for your kind words!

Since I returned to SR late in late July last year I have made many a willing stop on my sober journey right here on the “Undies” thread. I have learned so much from and about so many of you. You have and will always be my virtual Home Group!

At times, when I needed I would share my pain, anger, frustration, sadness and disdain for my AV. When I did, I knew I could count on all of you for great advice (oops I mean suggestions), insight and perspective, and for sure in those difficult times, a big hug.

Often those words gave me inspiration, determination and the courage to act. It was up to me to take what I needed and leave the rest on the shelf…(i.e.: pic of old dude on bike) perhaps for another day. Hey, I’m looking at an entire book named Xooxs on my shelf right now (a hint for you cipher busters, (X = ?)).

Mix those last two paragraphs together and what do you get? For me it spells real (not virtual or fake) friendships with a steady dose of laughter and love. No, it doesn't get any better than what I've found with all of you!

I received a text this morning from a very wise-Zen like "relatively young woman" (as she has called herself) who just “Crushed” it out of the park by saying, “I’m looking forward to seeing where our second years take us and continuing to share this journey with you.” ME TOO!!

Those words say it all…let’s see where this journey takes us as we enjoy our continuing freedom from our addictive bondage. Wow, not only is the grass greener in sobriety, I’m looking down at it vs facing up at it from below.

Love all you guys and baberaham lincoln’s alike.

Carlos xx
Old 06-03-2014, 09:17 AM
  # 404 (permalink)  

Oh ((Tanja)), I missed you on a cross post. I am so sorry that you are not feeling any better. You are for sure in my thoughts and prayers today. Reading those posts by you when I first got here were such a source of inspiration to me. You helped to strengthen my resolve in the combined AA-SR recovery. I remember being selfishly sad that you might moving on after a year. Thank you for continuing this journey with us and offering all of us so much inspiration and joy. Yes, a top highlight of this past sober year was meeting you and watching you receive that 18 month chip. Your presence here has made a profound impact on my recovery. From afar all I can offer is a big virtual (((hug))) and...

Hey, how did Courage...oops, I mean Jaws get in there?
Old 06-03-2014, 09:23 AM
  # 405 (permalink)  

(((tanja))) Hope all goes well at the doctor. Sending good thoughts.
Old 06-03-2014, 09:31 AM
  # 406 (permalink)  

Oh, Tanja, I'm so sorry you're still suffering! So sorry they will not allow a second opinion!
Old 06-03-2014, 10:01 AM
  # 407 (permalink)  

Tanja - I hope your doctor takes a more through look at your situation this time. Feel better!!
Old 06-03-2014, 10:17 AM
  # 408 (permalink)  
Living and Loving Life at Last

Tanja, love and hugs sweetheart. I wish I could do more, but healing thoughts are flying your way xxx
Old 06-03-2014, 11:11 AM
  # 409 (permalink)  

Tanja, if I may ask what do the docs say about your symptoms? Are they taking you seriously? I hope you feel better soon.
Old 06-03-2014, 11:48 AM
  # 410 (permalink)  

Hey, it's my sober-versary as Glee has coined, so a double post:

Well Undies, I am taking a symbolic walk in a bit. Many of you know that I have not been experiencing the same progress in my spiritual and emotional recovery since I spent 20 days with that ankle biter bracelet, and now being housebound without my driving privileges.

Last week I just let it go, gave it away for guidance from a higher power. So I’m with a friend on Saturday driving through Pittsburgh on the Parkway. We are cruising right along and wouldn't you know it, a sign pops up that the inbound Squirrel Hill tunnel is closed for the weekend and requires a detour through the city. Next thing you know I am driving through Shadeyside, where I lived during college. Also, where I returned to live in my mid 20’s for my second job and met my now ex; the cutest, coolest, best baby-maker neighbor ever! Anyway, people were everywhere doing everything you might do on a beautiful day in a beautiful city.

All of a sudden it hit me like a bolt of lightning. I need to finish up my remodeling projects by July 31 and move to “The Burgh” August thru October. AA is everywhere. The Pirates and Steelers are a bus trip away. Street fairs, art festivals, glass-blowing, crossfit gyms, all at my fingertips.

Let me rewind. Let’s see: I gave my frustration away, made arrangements to go to the track a week earlier than the Belmont Stakes by mistake, the tunnel detour was only this one weekend so I had to drive through the city, and now I have a plan. Yes, it works only if you work it. That move might seem obvious, but I was so blocked and full of self-pity that that epiphany required Divine Intervention.

Finally, back to my symbolic walk of letting it go later today. I am placing these two weights of 20lbs each in my backpack, walking two miles, dropping the pack in the woods to pick up later, then walking home having left that burden behind.
Old 06-03-2014, 11:58 AM
  # 411 (permalink)  

Carlos, I am so glad you will be doing something that brings you so much joy!
Old 06-03-2014, 01:55 PM
  # 412 (permalink)  

Good morning everyone. Congratulations Carlos on your special day.

Am practising "letting go". So want to attain the peace and "surrender" I hear so much about on this site. A great goal for me I think. Have a good day everyone x
Old 06-03-2014, 02:23 PM
  # 413 (permalink)  
Administrator

I'm really sorry to hear that you're still unwell Tanja.
Healing best wishes to you

D
Old 06-03-2014, 02:57 PM
  # 414 (permalink)  
p***enger

Tanja, I wish that wishes could make you well. My thoughts are with you, and I hope your doctors can help.

Carlos, I'm glad that you stayed out of the tunnel, glad that you redirected your energies, and glad that you're entering year 2 in good spirits!

I spent the day in work-related meetings and of course Snarkbunny showed up -- no matter how hard I try to act nice, my colleagues have come to expect her, and I swear they lay bait. The day ended in a reception with a reasonably large number of bottles of wine that were emptied at a fast rate. None for me. Tired now, though. It is a strain, just a bit. Storm's coming. People, places and things -- time to call my former sponsor.
Old 06-03-2014, 05:17 PM
  # 415 (permalink)  

Thanks all for the warm welcome! And congrats Carlos on your one year! I'm so glad that I joined just in time to see someone hit that milestone, it made me a little teary-eyed tbh. Pittsburgh is a great city, I hope you find lots more happiness there.

I'm traveling for work and it's been a struggle, I used to always drink each night in the hotel. I think I had got through the worst of it, but with all the inspiration and support here I feel more confident that day 5 is in the bag
Old 06-03-2014, 08:37 PM
  # 416 (permalink)  

Tanja hope that you feel better soon and can get some more info from your doctors.

Carlos how was your walk?

Work went by pretty fast. Home and going to sleep early. Hopefully will get up early to get a walk in tomorrow before work.
Old 06-03-2014, 08:39 PM
  # 417 (permalink)  

Congrats on the BIG ONE!!! Carlos

Old 06-03-2014, 09:45 PM
  # 418 (permalink)  

Congrats on one year Carlos!!!!!
Old 06-04-2014, 04:34 AM
  # 419 (permalink)  

Good Morning Undies,

I would like to thank everyone for their kind well wishes on my health. I don't know if my expectations are unrealistic or my concerns about my doctor are valid. I do know I am utterly disappointed and frustrated at this point. I am sleeping excessively, not feeling refreshed and having horrible headaches that send me to the bed clutching my head in agony. Each time I have gone to my doctor he has mentioned depression. I am currently on an antidepressant and have told him that I am not depressed. He prescribed a medication for tension headaches that provides no relief. Yesterday I told him that I was dazed, very uncomfortable and completely non-functional. He again mentioned depression. I shook my head "no". He said I see you shaking your head vigorously "no". He had me take a depression quiz. He said I was mildly depressed. Of course, some of the questions (sleeping too much, not feeling well) were part of the quiz. Then he said "well, you are on medications for depression - so they should be helping". I had to request that he look at my ears thinking it might be an ear infection because I have experienced problems with balance. He said you don't have the symptoms of ear infection which are pain in the ear. I thought to myself, I've had an ear infection before and I didn't experience much ear pain, but the same dazed, dizziness with exhaustion. He took a look and didn't find anything. The bottom line is he doesn't know what the problem is so he turns to depression. He did say he could order a CAT scan and I readily agreed to that. I was in his office for only 10-15 minutes. I mentioned chronic fatigue syndrome and he said doctors didn't know much about that. I left his office feeling disgusted again. There is an option of changing my doctor within the Kaiser system and that may very well be an option I consider at this point. I am sorry for the vent, but I needed to get it off my chest.

Wishing everyone a peaceful and serene Wednesday.
Old 06-04-2014, 04:39 AM
  # 420 (permalink)  
Administrator

I think you should look into seeing another doctor, yeah Tanja - I think a good relationship between doctor and patient needs to be consultative and respectful both ways, and he's not listening to you IMO.

D