View Single Post
Old 06-03-2014, 11:48 AM
  # 410 (permalink)  
IWLSAST

Hey, it's my sober-versary as Glee has coined, so a double post:

Well Undies, I am taking a symbolic walk in a bit. Many of you know that I have not been experiencing the same progress in my spiritual and emotional recovery since I spent 20 days with that ankle biter bracelet, and now being housebound without my driving privileges.

Last week I just let it go, gave it away for guidance from a higher power. So I’m with a friend on Saturday driving through Pittsburgh on the Parkway. We are cruising right along and wouldn't you know it, a sign pops up that the inbound Squirrel Hill tunnel is closed for the weekend and requires a detour through the city. Next thing you know I am driving through Shadeyside, where I lived during college. Also, where I returned to live in my mid 20’s for my second job and met my now ex; the cutest, coolest, best baby-maker neighbor ever! Anyway, people were everywhere doing everything you might do on a beautiful day in a beautiful city.

All of a sudden it hit me like a bolt of lightning. I need to finish up my remodeling projects by July 31 and move to “The Burgh” August thru October. AA is everywhere. The Pirates and Steelers are a bus trip away. Street fairs, art festivals, glass-blowing, crossfit gyms, all at my fingertips.

Let me rewind. Let’s see: I gave my frustration away, made arrangements to go to the track a week earlier than the Belmont Stakes by mistake, the tunnel detour was only this one weekend so I had to drive through the city, and now I have a plan. Yes, it works only if you work it. That move might seem obvious, but I was so blocked and full of self-pity that that epiphany required Divine Intervention.

Finally, back to my symbolic walk of letting it go later today. I am placing these two weights of 20lbs each in my backpack, walking two miles, dropping the pack in the woods to pick up later, then walking home having left that burden behind.