View Single Post
Old 06-04-2014, 04:34 AM
  # 419 (permalink)  
tanja

Good Morning Undies,

I would like to thank everyone for their kind well wishes on my health. I don't know if my expectations are unrealistic or my concerns about my doctor are valid. I do know I am utterly disappointed and frustrated at this point. I am sleeping excessively, not feeling refreshed and having horrible headaches that send me to the bed clutching my head in agony. Each time I have gone to my doctor he has mentioned depression. I am currently on an antidepressant and have told him that I am not depressed. He prescribed a medication for tension headaches that provides no relief. Yesterday I told him that I was dazed, very uncomfortable and completely non-functional. He again mentioned depression. I shook my head "no". He said I see you shaking your head vigorously "no". He had me take a depression quiz. He said I was mildly depressed. Of course, some of the questions (sleeping too much, not feeling well) were part of the quiz. Then he said "well, you are on medications for depression - so they should be helping". I had to request that he look at my ears thinking it might be an ear infection because I have experienced problems with balance. He said you don't have the symptoms of ear infection which are pain in the ear. I thought to myself, I've had an ear infection before and I didn't experience much ear pain, but the same dazed, dizziness with exhaustion. He took a look and didn't find anything. The bottom line is he doesn't know what the problem is so he turns to depression. He did say he could order a CAT scan and I readily agreed to that. I was in his office for only 10-15 minutes. I mentioned chronic fatigue syndrome and he said doctors didn't know much about that. I left his office feeling disgusted again. There is an option of changing my doctor within the Kaiser system and that may very well be an option I consider at this point. I am sorry for the vent, but I needed to get it off my chest.

Wishing everyone a peaceful and serene Wednesday.