Notices

One Year & Under Club Part 32

Old 05-30-2014, 11:30 AM
  # 321 (permalink)  

You guys! Thanks for all your good wishes. I am spending the day out on the town! ( doing errands and buying a new clothes dryer). But I feel pretty good. The day is beautiful and I'm alone for now but it feels ok. I think I will buy myself some flowers and make an appt. for a pedicure. Getting to be flip- flop weather here. Love to you all.
Old 05-30-2014, 11:45 AM
  # 322 (permalink)  

Else, you could just do a two-for-one...

http://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/...1&d=1401475509
Attached Images
Old 05-30-2014, 11:48 AM
  # 323 (permalink)  

Congratulations on 9 months Else----you rock.
Babs
Old 05-30-2014, 12:22 PM
  # 324 (permalink)  

You undies have been saving my butt from drinking all week! So a big Thank you to each and everyone of you. Finally today not feeling as depressed and negative. Got out early with my dog and drove along the coast listening to some of my fav music and did a lot of thinking. I'm not drinking but I havnt done a lot of real changes and I really feel like a healthy lifestyle with diet and exercise could really help me. Just reminding myself that just like addiction I need to slow down and take it a day at a time and that results won't be instant. Playing some records and cleaning up the house with all the windows open letting the sun and ocean breeze run thru out the house.

Else congrats on 9 months!

Dottie you def deserve to be happy!

Toots that's neat you got to have a nice convo with your daughter. Hope she has a nice bday!

&& hi to all the undies

Alright positivity pants back on today!!
Old 05-30-2014, 12:31 PM
  # 325 (permalink)  

I'm so glad you're having a good day, BF!
Old 05-30-2014, 02:56 PM
  # 326 (permalink)  

BF you sound good. I'm glad today is a better day.
Old 05-30-2014, 03:13 PM
  # 327 (permalink)  

Congrats on 9 Elsewhere!
Old 05-30-2014, 04:32 PM
  # 328 (permalink)  

I just wanted to wish everyone a happy week-end.

Thank you all for the kind words of encouragement.

Else congratulations on 9 months. You're doing spelndidly ))))

Courage, I'm not doing anything for sobriety except not drinking.

Have a good evening. I'm seeing a boyfriend I haven't seen since I was 14. Yikes. He gained about 50 pounds and I gained about 10. I'm not even sure I want to tell all the drama and miserable existence from then to now. I'll just hear from him. He said he was sad he never got to have any children so we have one thing in common.

ciao everyone,

DP
xxxo
Old 05-30-2014, 04:34 PM
  # 329 (permalink)  

I hope you have a nice time!
Old 05-31-2014, 05:26 AM
  # 330 (permalink)  

I had a really nice time but he said he wouldn't have recognised me. ;( He said my face was chubby before. Obviously as a teenager...

The wine was hard to resist but only passingly as usual.

This thread is quiet on the week-end. BF, no womp womp this Saturday ? Carlos, are you going for a game of golf? Are you feeling more emotionally sober ?

Gilmer, how was your son's concert and how is hebrew anyways?

It's a beautiful day here and I'm just going to bask in it, as I was told by Dee to do in other areas of my life too. good point.

Have a great day,

DPx
Old 05-31-2014, 05:35 AM
  # 331 (permalink)  

Good Morning Undies,

DP - Congratulations sweetie on having your contract renewed! You certainly aren't alone in feeling like you might have overpromised and feel like a fraud. I felt that way many times in my career and frankly many times when leading my AA meeting. Feelings of insecurity that we dealt with by drinking don't disappear overnight. It is quite evident that you are talented, hardworking and smart.

Else - Many belated congratulations on 3/4 of a year of sobriety Buying flowers for yourself and setting up a pedicure sounds like a wonderful way to celebrate!

ABCowboy - I so appreciated your post on gratitude. You sound amazing and so positive.

Toots - I hope you enjoyed your Bob Newhart concert. You will have to let us know how it went.

Gleefan - Kudos to you for staying sober even though your spouse was imbibing. Popcorn and Netflix sounds like a perfect evening.

BF - So glad to hear you sounding happier. I think I can speak for all the undies in saying we care about you deeply and want your sober life to be a happy one!

Wishing everyone a happy Saturday!
Old 05-31-2014, 05:38 AM
  # 332 (permalink)  

Hi Undies,

Dotti, , need we say more?

BF, thanks for that post. It got my butt moving and inspired to have a productive few hours last evening.

Else, I totally messed up and I'm off to a horse track today thinking it was Belmont day.

Glee, love that phrase of yours..."peaceful sober weekend in thoughts and actions." Yes, sober is our new drunk!

Toots, it is so wonderful how you are enjoying your sobriety! The pic of you two was happiness at its best. How was Bob Newhart? However, I do hope that wasn't hubby's "only" present?

DG, wow, what a difference a year makes!

Ali, hope that you enjoyed your class. Was it the class on mindfulness? Any nuggets for the Undies?

Cowboy, here are a couple of the old-timers answers to how long sober:
1. Today, same as you.
2. The person who woke up earliest is sober the longest.

Hi to Drake, Babs, Courage, Gilmer, Tanja, Siesta, Dee and any recent posters that I may have missed.

Quickly back to the how long sober thing. Yes, I do believe that my sobriety meter fluctuates quite a bit. Time without drinking is just a part of the overall equation. In fact for me it's a rather complex graph that includes my physical, emotional and spiritual condition and how that relates to daily peace and serenity.

There are daily fluctuation in my overall sober position and condition. One thing for sure with me is that they aren't spikes. I do see that as some overall growth based on this all or nothing tendency I'm trying to break.

Yes, I'm less sober and perhaps closer to a drink than I was a few months ago. The good part is that still seems pretty far away. Being housebound has been a bigger challenge than I expected.

Bottom line, as long as my position on that sober chart matters, then overall sobriety matters. For now, I'll keep treading water and keep my eye on the prize. The prize is simple..."true serenity is being at peace in the difficult times."

Well, gotta run. Let's enjoy the spoils of our hard work.

Carlos xx
Old 05-31-2014, 05:41 AM
  # 333 (permalink)  

Hi, Dotty!

I finished Hebrew awhile ago and did well. I started another course and felt really overwhelmed and unprepared, so I withdrew and am now taking a break for awhile. I am starting now to feel little twinges of missing it, so probably within a month or two I will sign up for Hebrew II. I want to take it while Hebrew I is still relatively fresh in my mind.

My son's concert was terrific. He only played tuba for two songs--I listened for it and it sounded good. For one song he played euphonium, and for the rest of the songs he played trombone! He must have been on his game, because the trombone section was perfect! Very good! (I don't know why people thing trombone is such a geek instrument! It is so versatile and sharp when played well).

The choice of music was great, too. There was a senior girl who shone at piccolo in two songs, one of which was Sousa's "Stars and Stripes Forever." Outstanding! Then she came back with the select seniors' group and played the baritone sax for "Sing, Sing, Sing." She made the song! She was the bassline, and a crazy bassline it was, too! Wow, it was phenomenal!

This band is superb! I'm so glad my son's an active part of something so excellent .

Thanks so much for asking! Glad the get-together went well with your old friend, Dotty! Bask away!

Carlos, we cross-posted. I am sure you will experience exponential growth during the challenging months ahead. Your will is in a very solid place, even though your emotions are sometimes stormy. I am praying that you emerge from your time without a car with peace and greater self-acceptance because you will be an even better self.
Old 05-31-2014, 06:48 AM
  # 334 (permalink)  
No quitting on yer quit eh!

Thanks Carlos!! Put it all in perspective for me!!!
Old 05-31-2014, 07:09 AM
  # 335 (permalink)  

Else, congrats from me too on your nine months!!
Old 05-31-2014, 11:43 AM
  # 336 (permalink)  

Gilmer your son sounds very talented! Glad you had fun!

Dottie glad you had a nice time with your old friend!

Got up early around 5:30 and headed down to the beach with my dog for a nice walk. There's a big boat parade going on all weekend but not till later in the morning.
Washed my car and did about an hr of yard work then cleaned the kitchen. Now just hangin out.
Tomorrow I have to go meet up with my mom for a dress fitting. The big wedding is 2 weeks away.

Have a great day undies!
Old 05-31-2014, 11:47 AM
  # 337 (permalink)  

Have a nice, relaxing rest of the day, BF!
Old 05-31-2014, 01:04 PM
  # 338 (permalink)  

Hi Undies

It's nice to see we've been enjoying ourselves.

Else - How was that pedicure?

Carlos - Hope your bets land you in the money.

Toots - How was Bob Newhart?

Gilmer - Sounds like a talented group of musicians.

BoozeFree - How are all those healthy snacks?

I've had a nice day, too. Today has been a string of errands, haircuts and baseball. I found myself approaching the grocery store, barbershop, baseball fields, and the rides around town, with joy and intention. I haven't felt that way in a long, long time. It was a nice afternoon doing what I had to do that I topped it off with something I wanted to do, treat myself to a pedicure. This afternoon I'm going to take my boys on a bike ride (!), then make one of their favorite dinners, burgers on the grill.
Old 05-31-2014, 01:10 PM
  # 339 (permalink)  

My youngest son is on the edge of his seat today: he was supposed to have his first behind-the-wheel driving lesson today, but the instructor postponed it till tomorrow!

:
Old 05-31-2014, 06:56 PM
  # 340 (permalink)  
p***enger

Else, I'm glad you had a good day. What kind of flowers did you buy? Fresh flowers are a mood-lifter, I especially like spring flowers.

Dorothy, sounds like an interesting meet-up with the old friend. I'd be scared to see someone from my past like that. You're a very "together" woman, as we used to say.

BF, how are you feeling about the wedding scene? Do you think that it's been affecting your moods? I'd be dreading it if I were in your place, I'm sure -- but once you get past it with your sobriety intact, what a relief and what confidence you'll feel!

Carlos, I think I understand what you mean about being closer to a drink, but for me, I'm always the same distance -- an arm's length. I can't allow my state of emotional sobriety to make a damn bit of difference, because my emotional sobriety is negotiable and fluctuates. My physical sobriety is and has to be nonnegotiable. I do all kinds of "aholic" things and act out my "isms", and I try not to, and some days I do better than others -- but I don't drink.

Gilmer, the concert sounds wonderful and your enthusiasm simply shines through your post!

I need to scoot -- hugs to all the Undies!