Notices

One Year & Under Club Part 31

Old 05-15-2014, 05:55 PM
  # 461 (permalink)  

Hi all!

Just a quick check in. Still really hot here, hopefully will cool down this weekend.

I cleaned my fridge today, yay! A little behind Carlos, but I got it done, took it apart, soaked the shelves in the sink, all that kind of stuff.

Glad to read the posts. Still super low energy. I hope it's not depression, seeing my doctor on Monday, so I'll check in. Not sleeping real well either but Oh well.

I'm finally restarting to think I need to eat healthier and smarter after letting it go when I quit smoking. I need to get the weight I gained off but want to be healthy about it.

Have a great evening all! Sending out love and good vibes (and gratitude).
Old 05-15-2014, 05:56 PM
  # 462 (permalink)  

Else, I'm jealous. She does look very gentle. Lucky you. The freedom too! wow.

Thank you for your kind words re. my job guys. I kept reading them to help me go through the day. I figured out it's a form of control and manipulation on her part. I'm less upset. In any case, as my colleague said, it's not the time to do anything about it, it was over the last 3 months and I worked really well so I don't think I have anything to reproach myself for. Still, you're right Carlos, the not knowing is unbearable. I just wished she didn't have so much power over me, that I wouldn't be so dependant on this work. And it changed so fast.2 days ago, she was raving about me, and after that meeting with her boss and the VP, she's questioning how I fit in the larger scheme. So strange. Anyway, I'll try to get it out of my mind. I never once felt like drinking over it so that's a good thing I guess.

Courage, are you feeling better? Thank you and Dee for offering insight.

Have a great evening,

DP xx
Old 05-15-2014, 06:57 PM
  # 463 (permalink)  

Everyone sounds so positive today.

Just got home. It's 100 outside and 90 inside my house, yikes!
Trying to stay cool this evening
Old 05-15-2014, 07:52 PM
  # 464 (permalink)  

Dottie - It's been my observation that contract positions are the first to be cut from budgets. It's easier to end a contract than sever a full time employee. The important part is that you didn't drink over this.

Aly - I was just chatting with a client about how her husband forgot to put sunscreen on their redheaded, freckled child because they were playing catch. I know that a side effect of my ability to multitask is that my mind is always racing, and I'm not particularly present. When I'm playing with my kids, I'm thinking of the laundry that needs to go into the dryer, planning the dinner menu, and remembering that my kid needs sunscreen. Interesting.

DG - Good advice about keeping the balance balanced. A local yoga studio is offering a package to buy 30 classes to be used in 15 weeks for a low price. My all or nothing brain can't wrap its head around paying for an exercise class that doesn't incinerate calories, but in the name of balancing out circuit training, I think I'm going to try it. Plus, it'll be good for me to get out and do something just for me.

Toots - What have you been writing? Sorry I missed it due to being wrapped up in myself.

Courage - hope you're feeling better. I've seen your solid advice out on the threads and was wondering if you've put any thought into sponsoring?

Gilmer - how is your visit with your sons?

Carlos - I've never met anyone else who had to move a lot without good reason. Welcome to my party!

My childhood story makes people twist their face, tilt their head and say "awww", which makes me feel terrible because I didn't starve, wasn't beaten or denied medical care, and didn't face death or war on a consistent basis. People go through much worse than I did every day. I have been working on forgiveness for some time, but I harbor some residual bad feelings over my mother's mistakes and my father standing idly by while I suffered.

Have you noticed that I haven't posted about Needy in a while? She never texted me back after I reiterated my boundaries to her. I had offered to get together either today or tomorrow for coffee during my break, and was wondering if she was planning to take me up in it. I'm a bit concerned how she will behave when our paths eventually cross. I don't miss her antics, though, and firmly meeting my needs to be rid of her psychic garbage, in spite of being uncomfortable, is good stuff.

I have a meeting tomorrow with a Neuropsychologist to discuss long term outlook for my mildly autistic 9 year old. Talk about uncomfortable. This is where all the practice floating in discomfort comes into play.
Old 05-15-2014, 08:05 PM
  # 465 (permalink)  

Hi undies!
Still here. Still sober. All I have to say is it's freakin hot here! Busy working, catch up later. Hope everyone is well.
Old 05-15-2014, 08:30 PM
  # 466 (permalink)  
p***enger

Gleefan, a) I hope the meeting with the neuropsych is helpful. b) I think Needy is a bad pebble and you should discard her from your mental pile. c) LOL, me a sponsor? I have hardly any time, I don't do the steps, don't have a sponsor, don't believe in any god, and don't read the literature. Not what my local AA -- or me -- would call qualified.

Boozefree, just got to tell you that your music picks are helping me every day. We have some similar tastes but you know more bands than I do & I haven't kept very current. My son used to give me recommendations (and bootlegs I admit) but no more -- So thanks!

Dorothy, stay close to us here. It's good that you know that the woman is being manipulative. Of course, she can be because she has the money and power. You can't control that, just act as right as you can.

Aly, I hope your energy picks up. PAWS can be a real problem for a while. Talking to your doctor is a good idea.

Drake, I'd love to hear you sing. Has anything you've performed been recorded -- can you post a music file?

Elseware, beautiful mare! What's her name?

Carlos -- do you currently have a sponsor? How's it working out? Around where I live, a lot of the women in the rooms are as neurotic as I am, and this I do not need. But I haven't arranged anything with this woman I spoke to -- just a maybe coffee & talk about the possibility.

Toots, what are you rewriting?

Siesta,

Dee -- worthy or not, you can't stop it. All the little particles of Dee that you spread all over the SR universe are coalescing into a strange, multiform, supernatural e-being. Oh wow, I just tripped myself out.
Old 05-15-2014, 09:41 PM
  # 467 (permalink)  

Courage glad you like the songs I post and thanks for telling me about the thread!

Wide awake when normally I would be sleeping right now. Don't mean to be a Debbie downer but seriously thus heat is getting to be redic. I think this weekend it's gonna start cooling down. Trying to put a grocery list together for when I go tomorrow and other errands. Think I will go after I take my dog to the beach so I don't have to be out in the heat shopping. Watching modern family right now. That shows always makes me laugh!
Old 05-15-2014, 09:51 PM
  # 468 (permalink)  
Administrator

Hope you get a cool change soon BF

D
Old 05-16-2014, 02:31 AM
  # 469 (permalink)  

Good luck with the healthy weight loss, Aly. That's my goal, too--except I keep chowing down!

I need to buckle down and clean my fridge, too. I am well aware there is hard, sticky mystery gunk in the back of one of the shelves, and I've been pretending it doesn't exist. Better get to it before the board of health closes me down!

GF, when you bump into Needy, just smile cheerfully as if nothing has happened. You didn't create any kind of a rift; you simply expressed your concerns, friend to friend. Any unusual reaction should be all on her.

Good to see you, Siesta. Hope it cools off for you and BF!
Old 05-16-2014, 04:25 AM
  # 470 (permalink)  

G-girl is 6 months sober!
CONGRATS, Gilmer. You are the bomb!

I hope that you take the time to enjoy this accomplishment and celebrate.
Old 05-16-2014, 04:29 AM
  # 471 (permalink)  

Thank you, Carlos! I feel like I'm on a big vacation now, living at the Days Inn and jobhunting with my son. I just had 3/4 of a Belgian waffle for breakfast, and I'm feeling fat and sassy!
Old 05-16-2014, 04:36 AM
  # 472 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Gilmer View Post
I just had 3/4 of a Belgian waffle for breakfast, and I'm feeling fat and sassy!
That 6 month attitude is on fire!! Careful, we dudes can only handle so much teasing!
Old 05-16-2014, 06:13 AM
  # 473 (permalink)  

Good Morning Undies,

Gilmer - CONGRATULATIONS ON 1/2 A YEAR OF SOBRIETY What a tremendous accomplishment! I hope you find a wonderful way to celebrate such a significant milestone in your recovery!

Carlos - I can relate so well to trying to find balance in sobriety. Sobriety is our first priority and trying to find balance to get things accomplished and nourish our soul truly is a one day at a time endeavor. I had a good day yesterday. I was recently asked to be a secretary in a new meeting Thursday morning. It is entitled "Childs Play" and children are welcomed there. It was a small group with just about 6 people. I also attended my weekly Speakers meeting that evening where I am again the secretary. So all in all a very productive day!

Alsheba - Your mindfulness class sounds wonderful. It would seem that it can only enhance your sobriety. I am glad to hear that you are seeing your Doctor about your low energy. Kudos to you for not feeling your best and cleaning our your whole fridge

((Courage)) - I am sorry that you are sleeping very badly. I know firsthand how that can have such a tremendous impact on mood. The potential to have coffee and discuss the possibility of getting a new sponsor sounds promising. I agree wholeheartedly that a calm sponsor is a prerequisite for getting the right fit. I went through two other sponsors before I found the right one.

DP - Kudos to you on handling a stressful situation in such a rational state of mind. You recognize it is your boss's issue and not yours. That demonstrates a lot of maturity and growth. I do hope that your contract is extended. Congratulations on not even entertaining the idea of drinking over a stressful situation.

BF - I hope the heat starts to abate sometime soon! Great job on thinking the drink through to it's inevitable conclusion. I know for me, that was essential in getting through early sobriety.

Elsewhere - Thank you so much for posting the picture of your sweet little Indy. She is simply precious.

Toots - As always, thank you for asking about me. The insomnia has been very bad lately. Even the exercise wasn't working and I found myself just collapsing at times. In spite of this, I did still manage to make 3 meetings last week. I hope to do better this week and hit more meetings.

Wishing everyone a happy and fulfilling Thursday!
Old 05-16-2014, 06:16 AM
  # 474 (permalink)  
p***enger

Gilmer, congratulations on 6 months! I think this smilie is you basking in all our love

But to tell the truth, he might be a hungry loony sitting on heap of tomatoes
Old 05-16-2014, 06:55 AM
  # 475 (permalink)  
Sober since October

Location: In the world in my eyes...Somewhere I've never been before...
Hi, Undies)

Popped in to say Hi. I am still alive, still sober, still kicking, still hell scared of everyday routines that come my way...still boxing though.

Gilmer - Huge congrats on 6 months!6

Congrats on 6 months, my dear friend Gilmer!
On moving forward day after day.
Not giving up and being the winner!
Enjoy sober morning of this beautiful May)

My best wishes to all the Undies.

Have a great sober weekend)
Old 05-16-2014, 06:59 AM
  # 476 (permalink)  

Thanks, MB!
Old 05-16-2014, 07:14 AM
  # 477 (permalink)  
Living and Loving Life at Last

Happy Six Month Anniversary Gilmer!!! Yay!!
Old 05-16-2014, 07:17 AM
  # 478 (permalink)  

Thanks so much you guys!
Old 05-16-2014, 07:22 AM
  # 479 (permalink)  
Living and Loving Life at Last

Hi guys, just a quick visit
For those asking, the book I am writing is a my first attempt at full length fiction, something I had decided to try when I knew I wouldn't be able to get paid work out here on my initial visa.

Feeling Sassie Gilmer? I will have to see what she has to say about that!

It looks like sleeplessness is doing the rounds again, I've been bad with it too.

Tanja it's always good to see a nice long post from you love, sorry you have had such bad insomnia.

While I think, Grace sends love, she is fine but really snowed under just now. Hopefully things will ease up in a few weeks and she will be able to get in touch herself.

Will try to stop in later, if not have a great sober weekend one and all
Old 05-16-2014, 07:37 AM
  # 480 (permalink)  

CONGRATULATIONS GILMER----you rock.
Babs