# 441 (permalink)  
Administrator

(((Courage)))

Hope the week ends a little better for you

D
Old 05-14-2014, 05:34 PM
  # 442 (permalink)  
p***enger

Thanks Dee. Ya'know, a year ago I probably would have been thinking that all my buried ****-ed-up-ness doomed me to a life of ongoing misery. Sounds about right for me then? Now, I'm looking at it as just stuff I need to work on. So it goes. Where's that -- oh yeah

Last edited by Dee74; 05-14-2014 at 06:48 PM.
Old 05-14-2014, 06:02 PM
  # 443 (permalink)  

Toots congrats on 14 months.

And Carlos, you're free, Yé!!!!

Courage, I hope the sadness subsides for you.

As for me, I was supposed to negotiate my contract renewal on May 12 and it looks like everything is in limbo for absolutely no reason other than we have to think of my role in the larger scheme of things, over a period of a year say. I think my boss is i n menopause because she's very moody. A week ago, she couldn't stop praising me, now she thinks maybe we should just go with a 3 month renewal. We'll see where this all goes. I sometimes overreact but I have an awful feeling that it doesn't smell good. Needless to say, I'll spend an awful moment waiting until Wednesday when it's all much clearer.

Have a good evening.

DP
Old 05-14-2014, 06:45 PM
  # 444 (permalink)  

I hope they decide in your favor, Dottie!

Courage, I'm sorry you're suffering. I think your attitude is very healthy.
Old 05-14-2014, 06:48 PM
  # 445 (permalink)  
Administrator

There may be other reasons Dot, not at all connected to you or your work?
People on contract are subject to the whims of budgets.

D
Old 05-14-2014, 06:53 PM
  # 446 (permalink)  

Aly I'm about 30 mins north along the coast from those San Diego fires! They're pretty gnarly! I can see smoke in the sky from the ones at Pendleton.

Well it's super hot almost 100 and 88 in my house. My mom is down in Carlsbad where the fires are and they are actually just on the other side of the hill from her so her and all the neighbors are getting ready to evacuate. Kinda crazy. So far 30houses have burnt down. Staying cool drinking more iced tea and listening to a deftones album right now. The heat did bt some ideas in my head about cold beer but I quickly remembered how that would lead to waking in the middle of the night sweating, gross no thanks!

Hope everyone is doing ok and sober!
Old 05-14-2014, 07:00 PM
  # 447 (permalink)  

MB, Hi I have lost your personal thread so I will say this to you here about your birthday. Have a happy one. 37? I just want you to think about how young you still are. I'm 62. And my very best years were my 40 's and 50's. You have lots of life still ahead of you. It will be good and bad. But so worth living! Be kind to yourself, my Dear.

Toots! Biker chick? Hearse? Oh, I love it!
Old 05-15-2014, 03:19 AM
  # 448 (permalink)  

Just so you all will know, my husband did deal with the dog poop in our driveway. He sent my youngest son out with a shovel!

So, unfortunately, there is no photo (actually, that's probably a good thing).
Old 05-15-2014, 05:40 AM
  # 449 (permalink)  

Aly and BoozeFree - Keeping you and yours in my prayers for safety from those horrible fires. In a couple months I'll be whining about the heat and humidity in the Northeast. My mother has MS, a neurological disease, and extreme weather exacerbates symptoms. I wonder if once our frayed neurological systems recover if we'll be less bothered by the heat? Maybe I'm just being an Optimistic Annie over here....

Aly - I hope your cig craving subsided. I find as time goes by, the intensity and length of my cravings has eased. Some days are easier than others, I still have my ups and downs, but mind altering substances aren't tied to my ups and downs like they were in the early, early days.

BoozeFree - your iced tea habit has spurred me to make some of my own to replace all the coffee I drink. I brought one to work yesterday. It was great!

Courage - "Each day is a new day not to spit on the sidewalk."

Carlos - I expected an indulgent celebration of your freedom from the ankle biter - people celebrate lesser achievements every day - and I am impressed with how you decided to modulate it. I share your aspiration for balance. When you wrote that you went from doing crossfit to huffing and puffing on a walk, I thought, that's a classic move from MY all or nothing playbook. With our similarities, there is definitely a possibility that we are long lost relatives, and that being the case, I get to gloat that Mom loved me more.

Gilmer - my husband texted me last weekend while I was out with friends to tell me that the grill that he was preparing dinner on wasn't working and that he thought *I* might need to clean it out.

Hello and love to Tanja, Toots, Babs, Jim, Cowboy, Dee and the rest of the undies!

Oh and last night I had a dream that Dee was a 50-ish year old dark skinned woman with long gray hair and a mid Atlantic American accent, sitting on a panel that was testing my college class on a graduation exit exam. The others on the panel had labels with first and last names, but his said Dee74.
Old 05-15-2014, 06:53 AM
  # 450 (permalink)  

Gilmer too funny about the poop and sending the kid out to clean it!

GF ya I find iced tea very refreshing in this heat. I don't know if I'm finally just tired of soda or what bc I used to drink several diet Pepsi a day and now I'm only bringing one to work with me. And lol about dee being a woman on a panel!

Cowboy how's the seeding going?

Got up early so I could enjoy my coffee and not be rushed. I havnt taken my dog out much bc of the heat and boxers don't seem to do too good in not weather. I have a 4 day weekend so today is my Friday. With the fires not sure if I will make it down to San Diego for my dress fitting. Might have to re schedule.

Have a great sober day undies!
Old 05-15-2014, 07:21 AM
  # 451 (permalink)  
p***enger

BF, the fires sound bad. When I lived in AZ there would be times you could smell the smoke and people I knew lost houses in the mountains -- it makes for a kind of weird atmosphere literally & psychically. Lots to be grateful for.

Dorothy, I hope the 3 month negotiation goes well. It must be stressful not to have the security of a longer time, but you will cope I know & gracefully & bravely.

Gleefan, maybe you should start a new thread where everyone can post their dreams of Dee! He has a huge place in the collective unconscious of SR. Oh, I can feel him getting bashful....

Hugs to all --
Old 05-15-2014, 07:56 AM
  # 452 (permalink)  

Oh dreams of Dee! Ha ha! I have them, too. Sort of a magnificent being coming from the ether.....
Old 05-15-2014, 08:02 AM
  # 453 (permalink)  

Here is a picture of my sweet little mare, Indy. We were on a trail ride yesterday.

image-1175278311.jpg
Old 05-15-2014, 08:03 AM
  # 454 (permalink)  

Love the updates this morning. You guys are really chipper today. I love that.
from poop to dreams. What more could you ask for? ha ha ha ha ha
Babs
Old 05-15-2014, 08:03 AM
  # 455 (permalink)  

Love the picture Else. thanks for sharing.
Old 05-15-2014, 08:43 AM
  # 456 (permalink)  

Elsie- Thanks for posting the pic.

Courage- I don't think progress is generally a straight line, so it's probably normal that the stinking thinking is trying to sneak back in. I think it's great that you look at it as a reason to work more on things.

DP- Good luck with the job situation. It must be nerve-wracking not knowing.

Carlos- I agree with whoever said progress, not perfection- I think it was Tanja, but I'll lose my post on my tablet if I go looking. Try to cut yourself a little slack (but not too much!... it's that pesky balance thing again).
Old 05-15-2014, 09:02 AM
  # 457 (permalink)  
Living and Loving Life at Last

Elsie I am green with envy, I can think of nothing I would like more than trekking through the trees, next ride you go on, say 'this one's for Toots' please! ( just make sure she doesn't buck us off!)

Gilmer, we got a message from our daughter when we were in India telling us we needed to get rid of a kamikaze pigeon corpse. ( our house has been there for 50 years and still they think our big windows are just holes in the wall) Er ok sweetie, we'll just jump the next plane!

Courage, bad dreams are our subconscious way of telling ourselves it time to drag that crap out into the daylight and shake the scary out of it. I hope working with a new sponsor will help with that love.

Glee, related to Carlos and dreaming of Dee???? I think you may be spending too much time here!!

Carlos, is there a crossfit thingy near you that you could join? I have a YouTube thing I do at home when I cannae be bothered to run ( huff puff shuffle stagger) I will fb you the link. It is a sexy six foot lass who does it, so may keep your interest long enough to actually benefit from the exercise! Once you feel fitter you can then get out and strut your stuff among the youngsters.

BFree I hope your mums house remains unaffected, and my best to anyone involved or with family involved in the fires.

Well guys I am in full procrastination mode, having just spent 1.5 hours here instead of getting on with my rewrite, so I have to go put my nose to the grindstone or a certain Undie will have my guts for garters!

Later Dudes
Old 05-15-2014, 03:07 PM
  # 458 (permalink)  

((Courage)), sorry that you are feeling down. Do you know what might be causing it? Is it the home based project for work? Did you begin this new assignment? Also, I am happy that you may have found a new sponsor. I know for me, it would be nice to have a calming influence as a sponsor.

Ali, I hope that your day is headache free with less cravings to smoke. Your class on mindfulness sounds interesting.

Dottie Pepper, okay, so I have added a new nickname. She was a spectacular women’s golfer and currently a tv analyst for the LPGA. I’m with Dee in betting that the delay may have nothing to do with you personally, but it still sucks that a promised deadline was extended.

Gilmer, I am glad that hubby was able to find a creative, hands-free solution in your absence.

BF, wow, my best to you and your Mom with this heat wave and wild fire thing going on. Be safe! Did your Mom need to evacuate? When is the wedding?

Tanja, thanks for the kind words and thoughts. It’s funny, I wasn’t always looking for the bad in my situation as much as feeling the frustration of how it was handcuffing my personal growth. Looking back I can see that my thoughts were a self-fulfilling prophecy. Strange how the mind works that way. Hey, lucky for Lucky, and how are you doing?

DG, thanks for the slack. It means a lot coming from the task-master! Yes, balance, such a key word. It’s time for me to transition some of the extensive efforts and strategies I’ve developed in AA and recovery into a healthy, fully-functioning lifestyle that includes more interaction with the normies. Like Courage said, I want to complete the steps at whatever degree, but, my recent isolation has made me realize that I have been cutting back my life outside recovery. I believe a healthy recovery that grows needs to start moving outside the bubble I created…with balance!

Dee, haha, sorry my friend, no dreams on my end. Perhaps a gender thing. I think of you more like the boss I had for like 12 years with three different companies. He'd change then I followed. He could say in a sentence what takes me a paragraph. Always leaving me alone out there on my own little island, then reel me back in when I would get a bit to frisky.

Glee, we are totally from the same mold. I think I even remember reading that your Mom moved frequently. That is way too bizarre. With me, my parents divorced when I was a small kid. The moving started around 6th grade, countless times till 10th grade and I left to live with my Dad’s family.

Else, beautiful picture! Thanks for sharing!

Babs, keeping out of trouble today? You’re not getting off easy, gf!

Toots, sadly the closest crossfit gym is 30 miles from me. I’m not sure there are any types of workouts that compare. Doing the WOD (workout of the day) as a team and often paired up created this teamwork atmosphere, coupled with a competitive spirit to beat previous personal bests. Workouts at a gym, or alone just do not cut it for me anymore. I have a plan to create a few workouts I can do here and invite friends over to join me. Early stages. I need to work myself back into some reasonable shape first.

So far it has been a relatively productive balanced day. I'm a bit sleep deprived, so I'm hoping tonight is my catch-up night.
Old 05-15-2014, 03:40 PM
  # 459 (permalink)  
Administrator

I'm really not worthy of subconscious thought guys - or conscious ones comes to that

but thank you anyway
D
Old 05-15-2014, 03:58 PM
  # 460 (permalink)  

Hi all, still here, still sober!

Car is somewhat fixed, but I am now realizing it is going to cost me more than it is worth. It is old, like me, and all original. So, like me, it is getting creaky and unreliable.

Off to rehearse for a song I am doing with a group this weekend. I was supposed to be starting Welsh classes this week, but the teacher cancelled and did not reschedule. Not sure what the issue is. It is through a Welsh culture group so perhaps there was a conflict of some sort with time or availability.

Noswaith dda all! (Good evening)