Notices

Class of April 2014 Part 4

Old 04-30-2014, 02:31 PM
  # 421 (permalink)  

Sol - I am totally craving diet soda. I think part of it is the bubbles. They're soothing to me. At least that has no calories. I'm replacing wine with soda and also a couple juices/tonic water which has sugar/calories. Giving myself a little longer of a reprieve on the calorie front.

Bobby - I'm looking forward to what May brings and plan to stay close to SR still, and also hoping for a freakin' Spring to come here to NY! LOL

Overwhelmed and Izzy - Sigh....TV and wine. I loved that, after kiddos were in bed. It's just that as time passed, the wine actually started flowing long before the nighttime TV started, know what I mean! I think that's why it is so important for me to have an alternative beverage in hand, still, so I just sip on my herbal tea or cranberry/tonic water!

SU - Oh, I got it done. In and out. Treated myself to a sparkling fruity water in the checkout aisle instead.

Chick - Thought of you! And picked up some low-fat blueberry swirl ice cream. Because it's healthier if it has a fruit in its name, right?!?!

Rocks - What book are you reading right now?

Evening of day 8 here. Grocery store test passed. I started reading 'Running with Scissors' last night, since I had checked it out at the same time as I got 'Dry' by Augusten Burroughs. Waiting for my 'Mommy Doesn't Drink here Anymore' book.

How does it work since it's May tomorrow? We get to keep posting in this group, right?
BIG HUGS to this group of APRIL FOOLS. LOL! Seriously, though......
Old 04-30-2014, 02:32 PM
  # 422 (permalink)  

This evening I went to a bible study class, I was surprised to find that we spent most of the time laughing. I was expecting a very serious evening, but it turns out that sober people have a fabulous sense of humour, and can actually remember what it is they're laughing at. I really enjoyed being with such a lovely group of people.
LOL! And I'm so fuzzy today, I can't remember who said this. Freein ... Soliloquiy?

Thanks y'all for being so sweet. I think I needed to be honest about feeling weak. Prob good for me to see my thoughts and remind myself that I have not arrived! I keep wanting to be over/ done with this. It's not happening so quickly.

But there's hope! Because the class of April is awesome and we will get thru this...

Overwhelmed- I'm so happy to hear that your doing so well. And that you relate, helps!

❤️

By the way. ST- I havent heard about the HG hijack twist but is an interesting theory. I only read the first HG. Husband read all 3- said the first was best.

Did y'all know that Star Wars day is coming up? We're super nerdy at our house and we're celebrating it!

May the force of sobriety be with us all.
Old 04-30-2014, 02:33 PM
  # 423 (permalink)  

I assume Dee's gonna pack up our stuff and move us to Beverly ... Hills that is. Swimin' pools, movie stars.

Or that Newcomer's Daily Support Threads subforum, maybe.
Old 04-30-2014, 02:37 PM
  # 424 (permalink)  

Kat- I do know what you mean ... And I have got to try your cranberry juice tonic. Sounds like you have some great proactive ideas . I'm also going to try yoga again. Just hope I can still do the moves!
Old 04-30-2014, 02:39 PM
  # 425 (permalink)  

kitten- lol! You guys have me all cheered up . May ain't got nothin on these fools.
Old 04-30-2014, 02:42 PM
  # 426 (permalink)  

Izzy - I <3 Star Wars....
I occasionally think about what age it's appropriate to introduce to my kids. LOL!
Old 04-30-2014, 02:49 PM
  # 427 (permalink)  

Well, I'm sure my youngest saw them too young. But I guess that's how it goes. There's one (4?) that was a little much but I do love the story.

Getting ready for a date night. Thai food- beef Penang....
mmmmmmm
😋
Old 04-30-2014, 02:52 PM
  # 428 (permalink)  

Some Star Wars fans here I see. I'm a huge Trekkie, I feel the Spock avatar will have to be reintroduced soon.

Nevertheless I love Star Wars too and pretty much any sci fi/ fantasy show/ book. Looking forward to seeing the new films.
Old 04-30-2014, 02:55 PM
  # 429 (permalink)  
Formerly ScrewdUpInDe

Count me in too I like both Star Wars and Star Trek too
Old 04-30-2014, 03:00 PM
  # 430 (permalink)  

What is it about carbonation? I'm a sparkling water fanatic. Makes me feel like I'm drinking something fancy. And it tastes better for some reason than plain water.

Just finished re-reading into thin air. Chilling stuff, haha. Good reminder of how sometimes man thinks they've gotten stuff figured out, but Mother Nature is it's own force.

Love both Star Wars and Star Trek! Had a weird lucid dream last night that I was discussing which series was the best. I voted TNG.
Old 04-30-2014, 03:04 PM
  # 431 (permalink)  

Rocks - I thought it might be Into Thin Air. Great one.

I'm never usually up on current events, BUT, I just read there is going to be a Star Wars VII, and that Mark Hamill, Harrison Ford, and Carrie Fisher among others will all appear in it. December 2015! Neat.
Old 04-30-2014, 03:18 PM
  # 432 (permalink)  

By the way, I laughed out loud at the quote up there bc my husband is a pastor. So I've had opposite thoughts, like, "these people need to loosen up a little!". Sometimes things are a little too serious all the time, kwim?! But I'm glad you found a good group of church folk, I do love my church family .
Old 04-30-2014, 03:38 PM
  # 433 (permalink)  

Kitten - I might not get the Beverly Hillbillies theme song out of my head tonight!

Izzy- its date night here too.... I don't know what we are going to do, I took a shower and now I'm sitting in a recliner unsure if I can get my butt up! lol... Thai sounds awfully good though.

We are big Star Wars fans also, if my kids knew about Star Wars day you would think it was Christmas!
Old 04-30-2014, 03:40 PM
  # 434 (permalink)  

Ok, so I know I'm being miss-post-a-lot, but wanted to end on this note, and bc it's something that helped me today,

"Great growth doesn't come into your life from mountaintop experiences, it comes through the valleys where you feel limited and vulnerable.",

TD Jakes

hope everyone has a fabulous evening

gnite
Old 04-30-2014, 03:42 PM
  # 435 (permalink)  
Formerly ScrewdUpInDe

Originally Posted by ChickChick View Post
Izzy- its date night here too.... I don't know what we are going to do, I took a shower......
No comment

Time to run and hide.
Old 04-30-2014, 04:15 PM
  # 436 (permalink)  

Gosh, everyone is sounding strong and, well; Happy! Loving this thread. Thank you for the tool kit suggestions. I did buy two AA speaker CD's at the roundup last week. Totally forgot about them, already! I usually keep my driving silent, as that is when I work out business issues. But if I am changing, my other habits must as well. I'll be fine once I get there.

I have booked a lunch with my sponsor on Sat. I only get 1 hour, so I had better be on my beam. I will address the availability issue.

Date night? What's that? Something to eat?
Old 04-30-2014, 04:31 PM
  # 437 (permalink)  
Administrator

Originally Posted by areyoukittenme View Post
I assume Dee's gonna pack up our stuff and move us to Beverly ... Hills that is. Swimin' pools, movie stars.

Or that Newcomer's Daily Support Threads subforum, maybe.
Yep - in about 6 or 7 hours or so, I'll move this thread to the Daily Support Forum. I'll leave plenty of redirects

You guys will stick together as a group there

there'll be a new thread for the guys quitting in May in this forum.

D
Old 04-30-2014, 04:38 PM
  # 438 (permalink)  

New here. Does this mean I'm in the Class of April '14?
Old 04-30-2014, 04:42 PM
  # 439 (permalink)  
Administrator

sure does - welcome reboot

D
Old 04-30-2014, 04:45 PM
  # 440 (permalink)  

Thanks. See y'all over in Daily Support, then.