Notices

Class of April 2014 Part 4

Old 05-01-2014, 01:51 PM
  # 501 (permalink)  

Up- ? You are funny, btw.

Freein- I'm always inspired by your posts. And reminded that we are healing. It may be hard sometimes, but we are healing. Happy to hear that you've had such a great day .
Old 05-01-2014, 02:11 PM
  # 502 (permalink)  

Sleep well, freein!

I'll be leaning on this board this weekend. Tomorrow night should be easy, but...
Saturday night is my dad's cinco de mayo themed birthday party. Someone was talking about margaritas and mexican....yeah....
Sunday night is a dinner at my husband's boss' house, catered, etc.

I'm not sure I will make it through both of those. And then my careless, neurotic brain is already thinking 5 steps ahead.....to what "class" I have to join on here if I "flunk" April. Anyway, it feels better already to write it out. I'll be gathering my thoughts and plan tomorrow night. I guess I have to take my own advice right? Maybe I'll watch a scary Addicted episode before we go. Remind me of what I look like or might look like if I continued with that behavior.

Happy Thursday, all. I have the usual evening plan - kids to bed, bath, a TV show (Greys) and tea or ice cream (in a cup, this time!).
Old 05-01-2014, 02:15 PM
  # 503 (permalink)  

Hey guys, off to bed here sober on day 2. Starting to feel better after a good meal, hoping for a good nights sleep and an enjoyable sober weekend. Sleep well all. Have a great sober day / night.

Mr G
Old 05-01-2014, 02:54 PM
  # 504 (permalink)  

CHICK: I often make banana "ice cream" in the food processor. Really I just use frozen bananas but it's good. Never thought about adding blueberries but when I can get my hands on some I'll try it. I am also a stay at home mom and have been for a very long time.
My son is 11, and I had my daughter when he was in kindergarten. So I'm used to constantly having a little one around. Especially since we are now so far away from my parents and in laws. They all lived within a few hours and visited often so my husband and I were able to go do things regularly. But I don't trust anyone to babysit. The only time I'm not with the kids is the few hours my daughter is in preschool or if I run to the grocery store when my husbands home. It's going to be really really weird being alone during the day. I'm sad that the kindergarten here is full day from 7:45-3:00. At least when my son started he only had to go half day. Oh and she's not a morning person whatsoever, just like me. Ugh I wish she never had to go!
Old 05-01-2014, 02:54 PM
  # 505 (permalink)  
Administrator

In case anyone else is confused - you guys got sober in April - so you stay together...

but the thread itself moved....to make way for The May thread and the new intake of people getting sober in May

D
Old 05-01-2014, 02:57 PM
  # 506 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by izzy8 View Post

Kitten- your name and pic together- lol! Just hit me funny for some reason.
Izzy , ...same here !
That kitty looks like a well fed, pampered indoor kitty, who's just seen something his instinct tells him he should be chasing; ...but that activity is so foreign , ...his body's not moving ;, ...still mulling the situation !?!

Speaking of foreign, .....my addiction tells me topspin not drinking falls firmly in that category. Even though my history won't support, ..not one shred of it's lies. And I loved to mull the situation, ...nothing like a little chin scratching reflection with a drink in my hand. "oh , so deep" my addiction reminded me. Absurd , huh !??

My ambivalence may be at the root of my addiction. I knew I should quit drinking , but I didn't. If I had no ambivalence, there'd of been no problem - -- drink up , guk, guk, guk ..... with no downside. woohoooo!

There was a time like that, .... long ago,

,,... that's where my addiction had me ,,..., stuck with past memories of good times instead of the soul wrenching dark place that had become my reality, ....once I finally stepped back , and got as honest look at it, as I could muster, anyway.

I'm trying my best to separate all the sneaky ways my addiction ( my desire to drink ) with my true self, ........that part of me that wants to survive , and move on in a healthy , progressive way , not only for me , but everyone in my life. It seems like it should be easier than it's turning out to be.

I'm big into underestimating things , and even bigger , at overestimating my abilities !! ?? ! LOL

Izzy , I hope you were were joking about me , and wise , in the same phrase !?! Cause that's a real good one !!!

Being part of this April Class reminds me I'm not the only one , you guys give me great confidence I can do this once and for all. Witnessing y'all changing your lives , real time , ...is a gift,
......an amazing gift.

Y'all remind me ,some days I may have nothing but hope , .

I'm trying to remember; ..as long as I can still put my hand in my pocket, my addiction has no power over my motor skills. It might drive me a little nuts upstairs , but it can't force me to bring a drink to my lips.

ok , y'all .

Any thoughts I have on this stuff come from standing on the shoulders of folks, like Dee, and many others here at SR , plus the old timers I met years ago at meetings; ..... who really "get" this stuff, ...the folks who once were just like us , ,,,some well worse off, ... but a miracle happened , ....

Old 05-01-2014, 02:58 PM
  # 507 (permalink)  
Administrator

and now to make it more complicated - time for part 5
http://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/...-part-5-a.html

D