Notices

One Year and Over Club Part 16

Old 05-06-2014, 04:54 PM
  # 281 (permalink)  

0100 here and I'm on a 16 hour night shift....Still got another 8 hours to go so at least I'm halfway through..

Hope everyone is well...

Take care....Steve.
Old 05-06-2014, 05:55 PM
  # 282 (permalink)  

fbl?
Old 05-06-2014, 07:23 PM
  # 283 (permalink)  

Hello everyone. It's nice to come for a visit.

I saw a friend I hadn't seen in many months and she had no clue I had stopped drinking completely. I told her I got to a point where it was best to stop completely. People are very understanding.

But sometimes, I think they must feel the way I felt a few years back when I felt sorry for people who had to stop completely. I thought "poor alcoholics". Now I'm happy to have found likewise people who have been sober more than a year.

Congratulations everyone. We forget, but we should be proud of ourselves.

DP
Old 05-06-2014, 07:48 PM
  # 284 (permalink)  
Living and Loving Life at Last

On the home straight Steve.

LDT, forgot to say earlier, thank you so much for the restaurant advice, I have copy & pasted it onto my phone! I think we have a hotel in mind, so really it's places to visit for local culture, history etc. that I now need!! Lol xx

Night all
Old 05-06-2014, 08:09 PM
  # 285 (permalink)  

Midnight ~ I'm a little worried hun. Do you really think you will collapse in queue at the hospital? Cos asthma attacks don't get better on their own all of the time. I don't usually do this...I don't like telling people what to do...but I want you to feel better love.

And love to all of the Overs,

V xx
Old 05-06-2014, 08:25 PM
  # 286 (permalink)  
LDT

Toots ...... They have historical horse and buggy rides in the quarter..... Go see the Cabildo.... there is also an Old Mint..... There is a museum district ( definitely check out the WWII museum... Very cool ), there are 45 museums in New Orleans , so you'll have a lot to choose from........there is music on almost every street corner....and like I said before, the French market is always fun.....you might be interested in a tour of some of the nearby Plantations as well...... Go to Jackson Square to see all the street artists.......whatever you do, you MUST go to Cafe du Monde for coffee and beignets ( that's also on Decatur)..........That's all I can think of right now.....maybe something will pop into my head later. At least this will get you started .
Old 05-06-2014, 09:38 PM
  # 287 (permalink)  

Yes, toots! Cafe dumonde!!! Yum! And awesome people watching. Well there's awesome people watching everywhere... And earn some beads girl. Lol.
Old 05-06-2014, 10:16 PM
  # 288 (permalink)  
LDT

Don't do it, toots....don't " earn" those beads.....trust me..... ( Shame on wehav).
Old 05-06-2014, 10:28 PM
  # 289 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by LDT View Post
Don't do it, toots....don't " earn" those beads.....trust me..... ( Shame on wehav).
This is one of those times when I think I'm lucky that I don't understand.

But I couldn't help myself....so I Googled.

V xx
Old 05-06-2014, 10:49 PM
  # 290 (permalink)  

MB...I'm sorry you're so poorly. Is there anyone you can phone who can check in on you? Please let us know how you are xxx

Steve...hope you can get some rest soon

Little tiny rant from me this morning. Feel free to ignore. The guy I share my office with is...DRIVING ME NUTS!! I'm in charge of the school department (kids aged 2-14) and he runs college(14-19). He's frequently 'too busy' to deal with issues in his department so the staff have started coming to me. Ok...well I'm trying really hard to be compassionate and tolerant. Those staff work hard and they have difficult students. Yesterday I spent all afternoon helping them out. My department is twice the size of his anyway...and he is getting all his paperwork done and skips off at 4.30, while I'm there til gone 6.00 every night catching up on mine. Ugh. Time to meditate.

Apart from that..all us well lol

Have a good day everyone x
Old 05-06-2014, 11:17 PM
  # 291 (permalink)  

Jeni love ~ this guy makes me mad all the way from here!!! Ggrrrrr.

V xx
Old 05-06-2014, 11:47 PM
  # 292 (permalink)  
Sober date 5/1/13

Good morning Overs.
Old 05-07-2014, 04:03 AM
  # 293 (permalink)  

morn'n gang
Old 05-07-2014, 04:42 AM
  # 294 (permalink)  
Living and Loving Life at Last

Jeni, I hate to say this to one as compassionate as you, but I feel you need to begin telling his staff that they really need to sort it with him. For one thing, do you really want to be taking responsibility for anything that may happen? For another, you have enough on your plate, and lastly,if he knows he can palm people off on you, he will continue to do so and perhaps get even worse. No. Stop it now.

MB, hope you can get here today to let us know how you are love, we are worrying about you.

LDT, don't worry about Wehavs comment, we have an ornithological debate going on in the March thread, which it think may have a cross over reference here!! And thank you for the help I will add it to my other list xx

Yes, Wehav,naughty girl, if they weren't nesting just now, I would consider it.

I'm now wondering Drake, quite how you got all those beads in that photo you showed us?????
Old 05-07-2014, 04:57 AM
  # 295 (permalink)  
LDT

I'll go check out that debate you're having in the March thread, toots.... but I definitely know what wehav is talking about when she references "earning beads "...... I've done Mardi Gras in New Orleans ....and I have pictures

Good morning overs! Happy Wednesday
Old 05-07-2014, 05:03 AM
  # 296 (permalink)  
FBL
non-drinker

Originally Posted by Rusty Zipper View Post
fbl?
It's Hank from Breaking Bad...gotta go with a newer show once in awhile
Old 05-07-2014, 05:05 AM
  # 297 (permalink)  
Administrator

I thought it was Lex Luthor

D
Old 05-07-2014, 05:25 AM
  # 298 (permalink)  
Administrator

Can I remind everyone again that your post may be the very first post someone sees of SR?

D
Old 05-07-2014, 06:41 AM
  # 299 (permalink)  

Jeni--yes you must stop letting this guy take advantage of you because that's what he's doing. I guarantee he knows that you've been helping people for him and he'll keep right on doing it. If you stop doing it and stick to it it'll stop real fast, if he wants to keep his job. And maybe talk to him about it? Let him know that you've been helping him out but you have to stop because you've been falling behind on your own work? He'll understand that.

Thanks Toots for those thoughts--this guy is just a nightmare of thinking he's above training; he's their longest standing employee and somehow has the worst work habits and methods ever. Won't work together with others, etc., is lazy, does stupid things, oh yeah and has a substance abuse problem which they are aware of, apparently. No one likes working with him. Whatever. I'm not going to worry about it! They're going to isolate him to working with the one or two people who seem to be able to handle him.

I am stressing. Started cleaning out my stuff last night and am feeling very overwhelmed. Also, been thinking about being sober on my own in Europe. Don't think I'm not a little worried about it! I'd be lying if I said I'm not.
Old 05-07-2014, 06:57 AM
  # 300 (permalink)  

You won't be on your own Inpar....you are going to have all of us with you.

V xx