Notices

One Year and Over Club Part 16

Old 05-05-2014, 03:26 PM
  # 261 (permalink)  

Hello my darling Hatzers , just letting know Heath has lost her darling Beau . Bless her , she must be doing it hard today ,i saw yours Lisa . Big hugs xxx

Let's all leave her a message of love and support .

Much love to you all

Old 05-05-2014, 08:18 PM
  # 262 (permalink)  

Hi Overs.

I had a really good weekend. Today was back to work though and it was a long day- especially since I'm worn out from a busy weekend with little sleep.

I'm burnt out so I guess I don't have much to say, just wanted to check-in.
Old 05-05-2014, 08:33 PM
  # 263 (permalink)  

So after I quit my job my bosses basically begged me to stay because they are so screwed because of mismanagement and bad staff, and I told them only if they fired two of their worst staff and gave me a $2/hr raise. They agreed and I am in sort of a management position now to cover for my boss who is recovering from a surgery. I figure, take the raise it's only for six more weeks. It's all about the money at this point. They fired one of the guys that I refused to work with again and promised I will never have to work with the other guy again. Whatever. If they want to employ dead weight that's their problem, as long as I don't have to deal with him.
Old 05-05-2014, 09:09 PM
  # 264 (permalink)  
Re-Member

Hi Instant, good to see ya.

DG,
As long as it was good tired sounds like a wrap!

IP,
Great assertive position to take, good for you!

Nite all
Old 05-05-2014, 10:15 PM
  # 265 (permalink)  

IP...wow, what a good result! And how assertive are you? I could never be like that. I wish.

Well it's back to work today after a lovely 3 day weekend. My visit to my parents went well...they were on their own and I think that helps. I'm still feeling my way a bit in that relationship...things can change so quickly I am always a little on guard. Time will tell.

Laters guys. Love to everyone x
Old 05-05-2014, 10:25 PM
  # 266 (permalink)  
Administrator

good work IP

enjoy the week everyone

D
Old 05-05-2014, 11:57 PM
  # 267 (permalink)  
Sober date 5/1/13

Well done IP

Busy weekend here a load of soil and rock dug out from our field gate way on Sat. Lots of seed sown on Sunday and Monday - sweet corn, peas, sunflower, leafbeet and all sorts of flowers.

And this morning the sun is shining again.
Old 05-06-2014, 03:56 AM
  # 268 (permalink)  
FBL
non-drinker

Good job, IP...show 'em who's boss!

Nothing new to report these days...life is good

Have a great Tuesday, overs!
Old 05-06-2014, 05:16 AM
  # 269 (permalink)  
LDT

"You're gonna miss me when I'm gone........" , said IP to her bosses

Good morning Overs!

Busy week coming up. I have a big performance this weekend. My piano partner and I are playing a 2 piano piece with our fabulous community choir. The rehearsal last night went very well!! I have 2 more rehearsals and then 2 performances. . I read something the other day that I'm trying to make my personal mantra ...... I'm absolutely my worst enemy sometimes when I am going into a performance....very self critical, no matter how well it's going. I hate that about me. I read in one of my yoga meditations something like "you've been criticizing yourself for too long. It's obviously NOT working....why not try approving yourself and see how that works." So that's what I'm trying to do.

Happy Tuesday, my friends.
Old 05-06-2014, 07:24 AM
  # 270 (permalink)  
Living and Loving Life at Last

Brilliant! How easy is it to hold the upper hand when you have nothing to lose! One thought on the dead weight, a gazillion years ago I worked as a labourer on a government run scheme, there were 15 of us plus a boss, ( all guys except me) and they decided they needed a ganger ( works under the boss to supervise) and I applied. One question at the interview was, how would I deal with a guy who wouldn't do any heavy work I asked him to. Well, I came up with a few different ideas. Then my boss said ' how about asking him if there is a physical reason he can't do it?" It always stuck with me. Sometimes guys don't like to admit limitations, but possibly this chap would work better in a different area of the job. Or he could just be a lazy dumbass!

Good to see you instant.

LDT, that sounds like a plan. Good luck with the concert, not that you need it! Relax and enjoy.

Treerat, sounds like a productive weekend. Both my brothers were born in Staffs! I'm sure you needed to know that piece of useless information!

FBL life is good? Hey, doesn't get better than that my man!

Jeni I'm glad the visit went smoothly, and at least it's a short week this week.

I'd say 'nite' itchy, but it's morning again now.

VC, I hope your day ended well xx
Old 05-06-2014, 07:33 AM
  # 271 (permalink)  
In my Own Little World

In a mad rush yesterday, hubby got the nursery painted (just needs a last coat) AND a wall in the basement where we removed a cabinet from this weekend. Now we can finally put in place the storage organizer I bought a couple of months ago and has just been....sitting there lol. Once the paint in the nursery is dry and tape is off, we can start moving in furniture that's just piled all over the upstairs of the house.

All of that stuff combined is finally taking the edge off my nesting freakiness phase I've went in to.

I told him this weekend "If you don't do X, Y, and Z, I know that I won't have my sanity and I can't guarantee yours as a result."

He finally got the hint.

I did get him a really stinking cool set of 50th anniversary Dr. Who stamps from the British royal mail as a thank you for everything he's been doing the last few months.
He's a Dr. Who fan - I don't fault him for it *too* much.

Happy Tuesday, everyone
Old 05-06-2014, 07:33 AM
  # 272 (permalink)  

My day ended with me trying to go to bed while Opi is writing one hysterical post after another in our Fluffy's Note thread, and I can't stop laughing.

It was a very big day for me. I said yes to something and surprised myself. I didn't over-think for once, just followed my heart, and now I need to work out how to fit more into my day...but I go to bed feeling that I can do this...I can do a lot of things I never believed I could do in the past.

These are the gifts of sobriety.

Working (and walking) for the next 3 days in a row...good for getting rid of the unwanted pounds. I should be asleep. Going now.

Nite Overs,

Love V xx

EDIT: Posted at the same time as you LB. Well done on getting your husband to get his butt into gear. And lovely on the Dr Who gift.
Old 05-06-2014, 07:34 AM
  # 273 (permalink)  

Oops, posted on the wrong thread.
Old 05-06-2014, 09:22 AM
  # 274 (permalink)  

Well done VC

LB glad hubby got his finger out, I hate having to rely on someone else to do something for me!

DG, now we all want to know what you were away to post!
Old 05-06-2014, 11:16 AM
  # 275 (permalink)  
Sober since October

Location: In the world in my eyes...Somewhere I've never been before...
Hi, Overries)

Popped in to say hi.

I've been sick the last three days. Though still don't know exactly what's going on - either bad food allergy or angina.

It started from rush on my neck, and on Sunday morning I woke up with my throat all sore and swollen, and my head splitting. Spent all these days in bed, today is feeling somewhat better.

I can't call in a doctor (long story), and I will probably collapse doing a long queue in a public hospital, so I just let my body to fight. Not a wise choice, but oh well.

Miss you all. Will be back as soon as I get better.

Have a great day)
Old 05-06-2014, 11:20 AM
  # 276 (permalink)  
Magsie

I know I shouldn't be here but I will soon bwahahhhaa xxxx
Old 05-06-2014, 12:42 PM
  # 277 (permalink)  
Re-Member

Originally Posted by tootsl1 View Post
Sometimes guys don't like to admit limitations, but possibly this chap would work better in a different area of the job. Or he could just be a lazy dumbass!

I'd say 'nite' itchy, but it's morning again now.
Hey! I represent that!
Old 05-06-2014, 01:06 PM
  # 278 (permalink)  
Re-Member

Jeni,
Glad your visit went well! You were so anticipatory of outcomes too!

L,
Good luck on your collaboration performance!

TR66,
Hope it all comes up all right!

LB,
Looks like a mutually engaged training system. I will have you know that I wear the pants in my family! [she is in charge of the belt that holds them up though]

Venus,
Hope you got to sleep all right. From your hints you must have had Sweet Dreams.

MB!
Long time no see. Do the queue. Better safe than . . .

Mags!
And be sure you do make it here. Or else

See you here in July.

Well gotta go do some yard work. Hope it goes better than for this guy!
http://gifb.in/XGBV
Old 05-06-2014, 04:44 PM
  # 279 (permalink)  
Administrator

Well my first two recommendations (Dr and hospital) seem to be out so I hope it's something you can fight yourself MB.

get well soon

D
Old 05-06-2014, 04:45 PM
  # 280 (permalink)  

Hah itchy that is actually quite precious, thanks!

MB, sweetie is there anyone who can come look after you? I am sending healing thoughts and hope you truly are on the mend!

See you on 20th July Mags don't forget to bring cakes!