Notices

Class of April 2014

Old 04-10-2014, 06:42 PM
  # 461 (permalink)  
Administrator

I feel like I may cave again over the weekend. Maybe I'm just not ready to be done. I know I'm an alcoholic - I don't have any delusions that I can control my drinking. Why would anyone want to drink even knowing that? Beats me.
Sound like your addiction talking. You're ready to be done when you decide to be.

Much better to do it earlier before you lose all you hold dear, DD.

Don't listen to that voice.

Have a sober weekend - you'll be so glad Monday

D
Old 04-10-2014, 06:48 PM
  # 462 (permalink)  

Big weekend ahead here.. we leave to go away for a destination wedding for 4 days..
So glad to be packing sober and not hungover !
Old 04-10-2014, 06:56 PM
  # 463 (permalink)  

Hi Christina and Krete, I'm glad you're both here.
Old 04-10-2014, 07:02 PM
  # 464 (permalink)  

DancingDiva, you've gotten through 5 days already, maybe you can come up with some weekend plans to distract yourself? I imposed myself on some friends out in the country last week, when I was having a hard time. I just went out there for the afternoon, but being there was a really good distraction. I also went to a few movies to distract myself. It helped.
Old 04-10-2014, 07:07 PM
  # 465 (permalink)  

Hello I'm new here and not really sure how this works. I've been sober since 4/2/14. It has been a long 8 days. This is my first time posting or even going to a site like this. Reading everybody's posts, it seems like everyone here is super positive! Anyway, My use of alcohol has screwed up SO much in my life. Its been 10 solids years of getting shithoused. I would drink to get happy, because I was happy, when I was sad, grieving, angry, bored, to feel emotion, to drown emotion, basically every occasion and if there wasn't one...I'd make one up. I have lost so much and I need to change. I look forward to having people to talk to that might be experiencing the same thing. It's good to be here, go April 2014!
Old 04-10-2014, 07:10 PM
  # 466 (permalink)  

Surf, it's good to hear you sound so confident going into that party. I hope it goes well, and that you get a better night's sleep.

I hope you have sweet dreams, MrG, and a good meeting tomorrow.

Lovemesome, I hope you have fun with your guests tonight. 10 is a great number.

BeerBottles, have a great trip, and remember how much you like the feeling of being sober.
Old 04-10-2014, 07:11 PM
  # 467 (permalink)  

Hi GoGadget, I'm glad you found us.
Old 04-10-2014, 07:14 PM
  # 468 (permalink)  
Administrator

Welcome GoGadget

D
Old 04-10-2014, 07:19 PM
  # 469 (permalink)  

It's day 9 for me, and it's been a whole lot better than yesterday. I saw Yonder Mountain String Band last night, and realized again how much more comfortable I feel around people when I'm not on opiates. It's actually kind of a revelation. I was afraid I was becoming agoraphobic, but realize now that I was just feeling so bad about my drug use that I was sure people could see it, and so I isolated myself, even in public.
I'm so glad to be done with them.
Old 04-10-2014, 07:26 PM
  # 470 (permalink)  

Good for you Adna! Thank you for the welcome.
Old 04-10-2014, 07:36 PM
  # 471 (permalink)  

Phew....really had to battle with my AV today! But I won!!!! Slowly but surely I'm learning better ways to deal with my anxiety thanks to everyone here for the support and sense of community so far!!! Also have to give props to the delicious Almond Joy flavored coffee that I chose over alcohol and drugs
Old 04-10-2014, 07:39 PM
  # 472 (permalink)  

Well done, MrsBee!
Old 04-10-2014, 07:41 PM
  # 473 (permalink)  

Thank you so much Adnamaeel!!! Your words of encouragement earlier really helped

Last edited by Mrsbee; 04-10-2014 at 07:44 PM. Reason: Typo
Old 04-10-2014, 07:55 PM
  # 474 (permalink)  
Hillbilly Girl

Glad you are here Cristina, Krete & GoGadget Great place to find support from others who are wanting to live life free from alcohol or other chemicals.

Lovemesome, Adna, BB & DD, Mr G, Surfn & everyone else - You are doing great & glad to hear plans for a sober week-end. Contrats on 10 days Noolan!!

I am looking forward to another sober week-end too. Going to AA speaker meeting tomorrow night (good place for me to be on Friday night) Son's ball game on Saturday & yard work to be done. Looking forward to waking tomorrow with 2 weeks of sobriety!! Will check in over the week-end & will "see" you all here
Old 04-10-2014, 08:02 PM
  # 475 (permalink)  

Sounds like you planned well for the weekend, MariahGayle. I hope it's a good one, and that the weather holds.
2weeks tomorrow has to feel like quite an accomplishment, I look forward to getting there myself.
Old 04-10-2014, 08:09 PM
  # 476 (permalink)  

Hi Krete,
I quit a few days before April , with my memory , joining the March thread seemed kind of overwhelming;;.... but nobodies thrown me out , ...yet !?
...welcome .

Welcome Christina , and Gogadget !
Old 04-10-2014, 08:28 PM
  # 477 (permalink)  

BB , that wedding trip sounds wonderful , ... have fun

Mrs Bee, ....great job sorting out what a cheap shot your AV was taking after your interview. You got me thinking , my addiction's probably keeping me from even getting to a job interview ! ....... I know I need a new job, ....
...my AV's probably , ..."don't be so impulsive ";;;;.... we doing just fine stuck in this dead-end one .
Old 04-10-2014, 08:31 PM
  # 478 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by topspin View Post
BB , that wedding trip sounds wonderful , ... have fun

Mrs Bee, ....great job sorting out what a cheap shot your AV was taking after your interview. You got me thinking , my addiction's probably keeping me from even getting to a job interview ! ....... I know I need a new job, ....
...my AV's probably , ..."don't be so impulsive ";;;;.... we doing just fine stuck in this dead-end one .
Gosh do I hear THAT!!! My AV definitely kept me at a job I was burnt out from and then from trying to find a new one when I finally quit my job. I'm glad my experience caused you to have an a-ha moment best of luck to you!
Old 04-10-2014, 09:02 PM
  # 479 (permalink)  

I just counted on my fingers and realized I just finished day 6, not day 5! That cheered me up a whole lot

Thanks for the support, everyone - this thread is so awesome!
Old 04-10-2014, 09:02 PM
  # 480 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Adnamaeel View Post
......... I saw Yonder Mountain String Band last night, and realized again how much more comfortable I feel around people when I'm not on opiates. It's actually kind of a revelation. I was afraid I was becoming agoraphobic, but realize now that I was just feeling so bad about my drug use that I was sure people could see it, and so I isolated myself, even in public.
I'm so glad to be done with them.
Adna , I so.ooo relate to this ^
,,,,....just yesterday I was waiting behind a Mom and 3 beautiful little kids. The Mom waived off the cashier scanning the last three little snacks , and pointed to her little 4 year old,. ;;; " hers"
. ,,,,,,that little girl was so little she couldn't even see over the counter, but stuck that crumpled bill up there, and waited . ,,,...and waited. I can't exactly explain the subtle dynamic of how special those moments were to the cashier , , and to me , lucky enough to witness it all.
It's like I'm finally waking up to appreciate the really magical moments around all the time.