Notices

Class of April 2014

Old 04-11-2014, 08:22 AM
  # 501 (permalink)  

Day 3 here
Old 04-11-2014, 08:48 AM
  # 502 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Azalea1023 View Post
Do any of you struggle with feeling kind of sorry for yourself like this, and if so, how do you snap yourself out of it??
Absolutely I do. It ticks me off that most people can drink and I can't. It isn't fair.

Then again, with some of the stuff I've gotten away with ... well, I'd be in a lot worse shape than I am if life was fair. Maybe I should be glad it isn't.
Old 04-11-2014, 09:32 AM
  # 503 (permalink)  

HI all, I popped in at the beginning of the month but haven't made much input since. I post a lot in the March 13 thread....my original class. they're fab, but it's also nice to be in a class who are going through the early days much as myself. I've finally reached 7 days. It has been really easy ride so far.........that's not to sound cocky.........believe me, I have had many failed attempts and withdrawals from hell in the past......for some reason, I didn't seem to withdraw the same this time.

I have however sought prescribed chemical assistance this time. Along with Naltrexone, i'm also on Antabuse. I am fully aware that many will not agree with this method........I however for one know, how rapidly progressive this addiction has became over the past couple of years, the destruction to both myself and also my friends and family was beginning to multiply. I have a lot of wrong doings to right. For now, if it keeps me accountable, I will take that chemical assistance.......to get me onto that path........and to stay there. therefore, for now, I will take that short term solution and reap the long term gain. It is only 1 week of sobriety and I feel the happiest and most contented and positive I have felt in as many months

I'm not even jealous of people who are 'normies' any more. I came back from the gym tonight, walked past a pub with all the after work Fri night drinkers mingling as I spied them through the window.......it meant absolutely nothing to me. I know this is most likely the 'honeymoon' phase talking, I know it's not all rose tinted glasses, but for now, i'm happy to enjoy the moment and enjoy being me, a sober me.

Thoughts and strength to those who are struggling and congrats to those managing to battle on and stay on the sobriety train.

Much love

LP
Old 04-11-2014, 09:39 AM
  # 504 (permalink)  

Good luck at your work party Noolan, stay tough!

Azalea I feel the exact same way. I don't think I have one single friend or family member that doesn't drink. They all seem to "keep it together", but I can't and it pisses me off...guess I'm just jealous. Then I think about what my son (6 months old) would think of me if he saw how messed up I get. That gives me strength and reminds me that it's not all about me. It helps me be less of the selfish person I have been. Congrats!
Old 04-11-2014, 09:43 AM
  # 505 (permalink)  

Congrats on day 3 needinghelp
Old 04-11-2014, 09:54 AM
  # 506 (permalink)  

Welcome Areyoukittenme and Eagles. It's nice to have more people here.

DancingDiva, you should be excited, 7 days is a big deal, and I'm excited for you, too.

And you, too Greenturtle. Great job on a week, and enjoy your sweet treats.

Saywhen, I'm sure that was a hard conversation, but it's also a really big step. Good for you.

BeerBottles, good job! You'll feel better about yourself tomorrow for it.

Topspin, it does feel good to wake up and see it all again. I saw a very elderly couple kiss each other goodbye over a car door the other day, and got all choked up.

Lovemesome, I hope you had a good run today. The best way to keep from getting too sore is to hit it even harder tomorrow... I'm glad you're feeling more comfortable around people, too. It's a good motivator to keep going.

Noolan, I'm glad your getting so much out of the meetings, and I hear you on the prayer. I must admit, that's keeping me away. As for the show, it was an all ages venue, so by Oregon law the alcohol has to be confined to it's own area, and there isn't any on the show floor. There's always tons of herb though, anywhere you go in this town there is. There are probably at least 10 grow houses on every street where I live.
Old 04-11-2014, 10:04 AM
  # 507 (permalink)  

Hi Azalea, welcome. I'm on my 10th day too, off of opiates, not alcohol. Doesn't it feel good?

Happy day 3 Needinghelp. I'm glad you're here.

Lifetplant, I'm glad it's been easier for you to get through 7 days this time, and you certainly don't need to justify how you're going about it. I would have sought medical help if I felt like I could have. This really is all about you.
Old 04-11-2014, 10:08 AM
  # 508 (permalink)  

It's day 10 for me, and I woke up feeling really good this morning. I hope it's a good day for everyone, that we all rise above temptation, and go to sleep feeling good about ourselves.
Old 04-11-2014, 11:16 AM
  # 509 (permalink)  

lots of good energy out there this afternoon, thanks to everyone, just being able to read your posts makes it easier to not think about the drink.
Old 04-11-2014, 01:28 PM
  # 510 (permalink)  

Azalea - Yes, what you feels is normal. We all feel like that in the beginning!
Old 04-11-2014, 01:55 PM
  # 511 (permalink)  

Oh, Kittenme,
Your first post had me laughin' ,.... that's one plush kitty, ;;;;...the way he seemed to be looking at " Whoops, I'm late to class "

SayWhen ,;;;I'm so glad your BF will be standing by you for support. Sounds like a great guy.
Needing help ,.....congrats on day 3 , ..those early one's are the toughest.
...it gets better.

Azalea, ...wonderful name for this class. Welcome

Lifeplant , aka LP ,,,.. I'm with Adna, no judgment whatsoever, ,,...we're all finding our way forward.

Greenturtle, enjoy ! ,,,,and congrats on ignoring your AV !!

Adna , ,...stuff like that gets me every time. Feels like I'm waking up a little more each day, ...
Noolan ,, have fun tonight bowling , ....I guess it's pretty popular out there , with the Winter we've had ?

Okra ,, how was the run in those new kicks !?! , ,,... I'm not up to it , yet . Laced up and went for a walk down to this beach earlier. My mp3 has some funky hip hop , so I can , at least do a little shuckin', if no jivin'
Forgot how damn close this one is, ...just one more thing I was too lazy to get to ;;;drinking,,

Eagles ,, glad you're here . I joined in 2010, a blackout daily drinker, and had almost 3 years, .....started easing back into it also ; ,,,
.....once I've gotten a taste of sobriety, ..;;; anything less seems kinda junky.
Glad you're back !!!!

To anyone I missed ( which is probably plenty , ;;;with my memory , ..; Stay strong, ...
Old 04-11-2014, 02:08 PM
  # 512 (permalink)  

Go Gadget, .... drinking was a family tradition for me too. I still have an old buddy ; who stops by periodically , <<<, a 1 to 2 week binge drinker; every few months>>> He's got an incredible memory , and loves to give me updates , ;;,,, who else died.

I don't mean to sound morose, it's just amazing how devastating longterm drinking can be, once folks get a little older. ,,,...like me LOL

"but I don't feel old", ....he says,.....that's probably my AV
Old 04-11-2014, 03:26 PM
  # 513 (permalink)  
Administrator

Welcome to the newcomers and congratulations to anyone hitting a milestone today

Have a great sober weekend everyone!

D
Old 04-11-2014, 03:55 PM
  # 514 (permalink)  

My last drink was April 5th I want to be in this class
Diana
Old 04-11-2014, 03:56 PM
  # 515 (permalink)  

Hi diana! Welcome.
Old 04-11-2014, 04:14 PM
  # 516 (permalink)  
Administrator

Welcome Grandma

We usually close threads and open a new part at around 500 posts - saves system slowdowns and people having to scroll through too many pages

join us here for our part 2:
http://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/...-part-2-a.html

remember to update your bookmarks and thread subscriptions (if you use them)
D