Notices

Class Of March 2014

Old 03-09-2014, 03:04 PM
  # 281 (permalink)  
Phoenix Rising Again

Originally Posted by MsMEH2013 View Post
Hubby think he is helping me with the cravings by buying me a six-pack. If I say something then he says I am not taking responsibility and trying put the blame on him. I just wish he wouldn't buy it for me. Btw, he don't drink.
Isn't saying no taking responsibility?

That makes no sense.
Old 03-09-2014, 03:09 PM
  # 282 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Shoshie8 View Post
Wow, Toddle! I'm a Norf Londoner and I know *exactly* what Camden must have been like...first sight of Spring and pubs spilling out onto the pavement. Everyone half-smashed by midday. I take my hat off to you! So if you can get through that... x
He he, if I was alone I'm sure I'd have succumbed, but then again my detox was so awful this time (I thought I was going to die), maybe not.

Trouble is the minute I feel ok again I think maybe one, hope not this time. Hope you are cutting down or given up, it's really not worth losing your life over like I did.

Good luck Hun, like the puddy cat
Old 03-09-2014, 03:09 PM
  # 283 (permalink)  
Administrator

Tell him not to buy it Mrs Meh. Getting sober is hard enough without having it waved in your face.

I'm not sure if he's trying to teach you control (have 6 and no more) or if he thinks you'll grow stronger with alcohol around and not drinking it, but either way is simply flat out wrong IMO.

The whole throw someone in the deep end to teach them to swim approach rarely works here in my experience.

you may want to post in the main Newcomers forum about this if you haven't already for more feedback on how to deal?

D
Old 03-09-2014, 03:10 PM
  # 284 (permalink)  
Administrator

Congratulations Benice and welcome to you and all the other newcomers

D
Old 03-09-2014, 03:45 PM
  # 285 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by toddle118 View Post
He he, if I was alone I'm sure I'd have succumbed, but then again my detox was so awful this time (I thought I was going to die), maybe not. Trouble is the minute I feel ok again I think maybe one, hope not this time. Hope you are cutting down or given up, it's really not worth losing your life over like I did. Good luck Hun, like the puddy cat
But you haven't lost your life, have you? You've made it through your detox and found your way here. I'm at the end of day two; seem to be doing okay with no major physical withdrawal stuff BUT what's going on in my head is a different matter. Very bad anxiety and borderline panic attacks today and insomnia last night. Grim. Really fatigued too, feel like a ninety year old (I'm 48). Weirdly, no alcohol cravings so far - guess I've been too focused on deep breathing and not losing it to notice any....just want to get past the worst of the panic and exhaustion.

And that's Stanley, a very playful British Blue. Love him! He's been curled up with me today. Good luck too Toddle, keep posting! x
Old 03-09-2014, 03:46 PM
  # 286 (permalink)  

*Forty-eight.
Old 03-09-2014, 04:01 PM
  # 287 (permalink)  

Just checking in with everyone. Congrats!! I'm feeling pretty good today again. If I make it threw tmrw I'll make it two weeks. When I "quit" last year I caved at two weeks but I feel strong. I didn't have this support last time. I had a few sad moments when three different newer friends of mine, work colleagues/children's friends made comments on how we should go sometime. What a test for 3 people I've never hung out with to separately comment in on the same day. I was excited and had a sunken moment when I realized I wasn't ready for that to happen. I got a little sad. I then had a dream that I caved and drank in my dream smh. One of those times u wake up greatful it wasn't real!
Old 03-09-2014, 04:17 PM
  # 288 (permalink)  
Phoenix Rising Again

Originally Posted by tippy32 View Post
Just checking in with everyone. Congrats!! I'm feeling pretty good today again. If I make it threw tmrw I'll make it two weeks. When I "quit" last year I caved at two weeks but I feel strong. I didn't have this support last time. I had a few sad moments when three different newer friends of mine, work colleagues/children's friends made comments on how we should go sometime. What a test for 3 people I've never hung out with to separately comment in on the same day. I was excited and had a sunken moment when I realized I wasn't ready for that to happen. I got a little sad. I then had a dream that I caved and drank in my dream smh. One of those times u wake up greatful it wasn't real!
At least you realized you aren't strong enough so that's an accomplishment!
Old 03-09-2014, 04:50 PM
  # 289 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Shoshie8 View Post
But you haven't lost your life, have you? You've made it through your detox and found your way here. I'm at the end of day two; seem to be doing okay with no major physical withdrawal stuff BUT what's going on in my head is a different matter. Very bad anxiety and borderline panic attacks today and insomnia last night. Grim. Really fatigued too, feel like a ninety year old (I'm 48). Weirdly, no alcohol cravings so far - guess I've been too focused on deep breathing and not losing it to notice any....just want to get past the worst of the panic and exhaustion.

And that's Stanley, a very playful British Blue. Love him! He's been curled up with me today. Good luck too Toddle, keep posting! x
Shoshie8,

Congrats on day 2! We're here for you!

The mental stuff is hard for me as well. I have found that the anxiety and panic are going away with each passing day (on day 10 now). But it is still there on the back burner.

I have good days and bad, but the better ones seem to be when I wake up and tell myself "I'm not going to worry about <whatever is bothering me> today. I'm going to think positive!"

Seems to help me. It does get easier.
Old 03-09-2014, 06:31 PM
  # 290 (permalink)  

Day five, meeting two under my belt. How different the two meetings were!

I had some ice cream, and now I'm going to settle into my jammies and watch TV/Netflix.

Talk to you all tomorrow.
Old 03-09-2014, 06:37 PM
  # 291 (permalink)  
Phoenix Rising Again

Glad it went well! I didn't find any women's groups around me.
Old 03-09-2014, 07:04 PM
  # 292 (permalink)  

Good night everyone. I am glad to be reading your experiences and your encouragement. I think me drifting from these forums is how I slowly lost my way. Congrats to everyone in this thread that has committed to be sober. It DOES get easier!

One thing I remember thinking during my first sober weekend when I first woke up:

1. I'm not hungover.
2. I can remember everything from the night before.
3. My wife isn't pissed at me! (Combine that one with #2 and it was always a mess)

I will say in the 11 months that I was sober I truly felt like a better husband and a better father. Even though I only had a handful of drinks over the last 2 months, it ate away at my conscious. (Especially
those "secret drinks").

I need a clean slate and to feel good about myself again. I can do this. One day at a time.
Old 03-09-2014, 07:08 PM
  # 293 (permalink)  

Can I join March of 14 please?
Old 03-09-2014, 07:12 PM
  # 294 (permalink)  
Phoenix Rising Again

Originally Posted by Clarity713 View Post
Good night everyone. I am glad to be reading your experiences and your encouragement. I think me drifting from these forums is how I slowly lost my way. Congrats to everyone in this thread that has committed to be sober. It DOES get easier!

One thing I remember thinking during my first sober weekend when I first woke up:

1. I'm not hungover.
2. I can remember everything from the night before.
3. My wife isn't pissed at me! (Combine that one with #2 and it was always a mess)

I will say in the 11 months that I was sober I truly felt like a better husband and a better father. Even though I only had a handful of drinks over the last 2 months, it ate away at my conscious. (Especially
those "secret drinks").

I need a clean slate and to feel good about myself again. I can do this. One day at a time.
It's been my first sober weekend for ages and I will agree! I'm glad you had a good weekend!
Old 03-09-2014, 07:13 PM
  # 295 (permalink)  
Phoenix Rising Again

Originally Posted by bblackbirdflyy View Post
Can I join March of 14 please?
Why March 14th?
Old 03-09-2014, 07:24 PM
  # 296 (permalink)  

Lol March of 2014.
Old 03-09-2014, 07:26 PM
  # 297 (permalink)  
Phoenix Rising Again

Originally Posted by bblackbirdflyy View Post
Lol March of 2014.
Doh! Totally read that wrong!

Welcome!
Old 03-09-2014, 07:32 PM
  # 298 (permalink)  

It is so inspiring to read of how hard people are trying to get better, thank you all... I am 2 days in, awake in a sweaty, churney guilt ridden fest of insomnia...

but I am not going to give in. Sobriety a gogo!!!
Old 03-09-2014, 07:33 PM
  # 299 (permalink)  

No worries! Just my first go was June of 11. Wonder where is be if is stayed, you know?
Old 03-09-2014, 07:38 PM
  # 300 (permalink)  

Love your Toothless pic, such a great film!!!