View Single Post
Old 03-09-2014, 04:50 PM
  # 289 (permalink)  
FacingFuture

Originally Posted by Shoshie8 View Post
But you haven't lost your life, have you? You've made it through your detox and found your way here. I'm at the end of day two; seem to be doing okay with no major physical withdrawal stuff BUT what's going on in my head is a different matter. Very bad anxiety and borderline panic attacks today and insomnia last night. Grim. Really fatigued too, feel like a ninety year old (I'm 48). Weirdly, no alcohol cravings so far - guess I've been too focused on deep breathing and not losing it to notice any....just want to get past the worst of the panic and exhaustion.

And that's Stanley, a very playful British Blue. Love him! He's been curled up with me today. Good luck too Toddle, keep posting! x
Shoshie8,

Congrats on day 2! We're here for you!

The mental stuff is hard for me as well. I have found that the anxiety and panic are going away with each passing day (on day 10 now). But it is still there on the back burner.

I have good days and bad, but the better ones seem to be when I wake up and tell myself "I'm not going to worry about <whatever is bothering me> today. I'm going to think positive!"

Seems to help me. It does get easier.