Notices

Class Of February 2014 Part 3

Old 02-24-2014, 04:36 AM
  # 221 (permalink)  
Administrator

Nothing to fear here want2 recover - we respect privacy - we're a very safe, confidential, and welcoming community. I hope we can be helpful to you too.

Anxiety might be it randummy

Have a good day all

D
Old 02-24-2014, 04:55 AM
  # 222 (permalink)  

Thank you LB2 & SL.......Much appreciated.

@GEAH - Good luck, we are rooting for you. This will be good for you. I know it's tough but you need to forget the past and how long you have been drinking....derail that train!

@W2R - Welcome and we look forward to getting to know you. Don't worry about your anonymity....you are as good as a 3rd rock from the sun in regards to your identity.

@Randummy - I usually had some nausea on day (1), a little on day (2) and then some muscle achiness on day (3) or (4). Everyone's body begins the detox with different symtoms to a degree.....hang in there.

Also, I drink a lot of water in beginning detox stage, with a "Totally Light" packet mix with vitamin C and/or the energy packet that includes many of vitamin Bs.

So, try some different means of hydration and see what works for you this time.

Every time we fall off of the wagon and get back on, it has slightly different effects on the body as we age and also we should also prepare for greater cravings.

Nevertheless, great job everyone. Stay Strong Februarites..

I'm Neverthought, checking in on day (8), thanks for coming!
Old 02-24-2014, 05:20 AM
  # 223 (permalink)  

Good Monday morning everyone!! I haven't posted in awhile but am doing well on day 20. I have been reading through some of the weekend posts. I can very much relate to the ones who slipped this weekend. I think we all can. The important thing is you are right back on the sobriety train. We can do this.
Old 02-24-2014, 05:22 AM
  # 224 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Briggsy75 View Post
Gleefan, I read your post about stumbling last night when I got home from dinner. At first I was surprised and sad. As I laid in bed, I re-read your post about 7 times. One of my favorite shows is called "Seconds From Disaster". It's a program that analyzes say for instance, airplane crashes and the investigators peel back the onion and go back in time revealing what had gone wrong, overlooked or ignored in the last few days, weeks, months, etc., leading up to the crash. Reading your posts as many times as I did, I saw all the signs and the sequence of events (peeled the onion back) which led up to your AV winning. I'm sure you've analyzed the night more than anyone here, but if you haven't re-read your post, do so and start putting the weekend events in sequence, it's very interesting (write them down). The last thing I was thinking about before I put my phone down for the night, was yep I did the same thing 5-7 yrs ago. I had 100-140 days, can't really remember now, under my belt. I went to a Saturday afternoon cookout at a friends house. Made it halfway through the cookout, and my AV flipped out and I grabbed a beer. My wife was livid as she didn't really want us to go because of the massive drinking that would inevitably be involved. I got mad, and pretty much said, "It's only one beer, sh*t I deserve after xxx amount of days and I'll be fine with just one beer". Well that beer went down in lightning fashion, and then so did beers #2, 3, 4, 5, etc., and at this point my wife and I are in a full blown spat, and then beers #6, 7, 8, 9, etc., and along about 1am she came back and picked me up and here I am today. All these years later, and here I am sitting on Day 22 instead of a whopping potentially, 2-3.5K days!!! Keep your head up and patch things up with your husband and kids ASAP. I expect to see you surpass 22 days again and even though our class won't be the class of the month, our journey's will continue within SR. Thinking about you a lot and remembering how (insert expletive) pissed I was the following morning after giving in!
Briggsy, thank you.
I was so (expletive) angry the morning after. Angry that I failed myself, my family and my February class. The first thing I wanted to do was reach out to you and everyone else in our class for support. Your thoughtful response, and the others', mean a lot.

I know I've said I'm not religious for political reasons. I'm not, but I was raised Roman Catholic and went to Catholic school, so those values are a part of who I am. Over the course of the day yesterday while thinking through my slip up, and reading everyone's responses, I had a spiritual awakening - maybe that's too dramatic, maybe it was more like a soft tap on the shoulder: Life is a blessing. I don't want to waste another second of it drunk or hungover. This led to more expansive thoughts as the day went on: Why am I still alive? Why do I get another chance at getting this life right? Then I wondered, what should showing my gratefulness look like?
Old 02-24-2014, 05:23 AM
  # 225 (permalink)  

Day 19

Doing well.
Old 02-24-2014, 05:35 AM
  # 226 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by brazilian View Post
Day 19

Doing well.
"Brazilian"

"Man of many words". I like your style.

I don't know if your name reflect your place of residence, but I was in Brazil last month for the first time.....business related.....Sal Paulo. I wasn't there long, but I sure enjoyed my stay.

Great job on 19 days.
Old 02-24-2014, 06:16 AM
  # 227 (permalink)  

Day 7. Holy moly.

Woke up with a raging headache and in my half-asleep state thought I was hungover. Then I remembered that wasn't a possibility . I just stayed up waaaaay too late ha!

Today I'm going to work on my plan for how to handle temptation when I go out alone later. I feel ok about avoiding the liquor store now, but I know how all that can change in an instant.

Briggsy - that "Seconds to Disaster" really made me think. As much as we always say "I don't know what happened" when things go wrong, it can usually be traced back. Those little things that we don't notice are triggering us build and build until disaster strikes. Makes me want to be extra vigilant of addressing every little trigger. Especially those HALT ones. Thanks for that.

GEAH - you'll be in my thoughts today

To all the newcomers that I keep forgetting to welcome (my memory is shot, big shocker)

To all the regulars - keep your shields up and have a great day!
Old 02-24-2014, 06:24 AM
  # 228 (permalink)  
Randummy

Originally Posted by dax501 View Post
Day 7. Holy moly.

Woke up with a raging headache and in my half-asleep state thought I was hungover. Then I remembered that wasn't a possibility . I just stayed up waaaaay too late ha!

Today I'm going to work on my plan for how to handle temptation when I go out alone later. I feel ok about avoiding the liquor store now, but I know how all that can change in an instant.

Briggsy - that "Seconds to Disaster" really made me think. As much as we always say "I don't know what happened" when things go wrong, it can usually be traced back. Those little things that we don't notice are triggering us build and build until disaster strikes. Makes me want to be extra vigilant of addressing every little trigger. Especially those HALT ones. Thanks for that.

GEAH - you'll be in my thoughts today

To all the newcomers that I keep forgetting to welcome (my memory is shot, big shocker)

To all the regulars - keep your shields up and have a great day!
A week! That's so cool. Congratulations
Old 02-24-2014, 06:25 AM
  # 229 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Briggsy75 View Post
All these years later, and here I am sitting on Day 22 instead of a whopping potentially, 2-3.5K days!!!
Hey Briggsy, I've also looked back and thought....how long would it be if only....

Well, let's continue from where we are today and look back in a few years.
Old 02-24-2014, 06:57 AM
  # 230 (permalink)  

Welcome randummy and want2recover, nice to meet you.

Randummy I find the insomnia the absolute worst part of withdrawal, I read it's one of the most common symptoms of withdrawal so what you're experiencing there is normal, the brain is re-learning how to turn itself off without the aid of the chemical depressant. Give it some time your patterns will return

Hope all are well today at the beginning of the last week of February. Still trying to pluck up the courage to book my doctor's appointment.
Old 02-24-2014, 07:10 AM
  # 231 (permalink)  

Day 3
Old 02-24-2014, 07:12 AM
  # 232 (permalink)  

Awesome!!

Originally Posted by Want2Recover View Post
Day 3
Old 02-24-2014, 07:30 AM
  # 233 (permalink)  
Randummy

Originally Posted by LonelyShadow View Post
Welcome randummy and want2recover, nice to meet you.

Randummy I find the insomnia the absolute worst part of withdrawal, I read it's one of the most common symptoms of withdrawal so what you're experiencing there is normal, the brain is re-learning how to turn itself off without the aid of the chemical depressant. Give it some time your patterns will return

Hope all are well today at the beginning of the last week of February. Still trying to pluck up the courage to book my doctor's appointment.
Thanks for your support. So far Ive been getting up and out of bed as soon as I get restless. Then just continuing my knitting or sewing till I get really tired. It seems to be working but I'm a very clumsy person so trying not to wake up my partner is the most difficult, ha!
Old 02-24-2014, 07:32 AM
  # 234 (permalink)  

I am on day 4. I went to a meeting this weekend and it was really helpful. Got some great advice from some sober friends about listening and not comparing. I did exactly that. I'm not sure I would have done that if not pre-warned.

feeling determined, also this time I'm avoiding all drink related activities until I have a good few months under my belt
Old 02-24-2014, 07:54 AM
  # 235 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by HighSpirit View Post
Morning all, Day 9.

Apologies for not talking much recently. I'm still here and glad to see we're all well. Good work.

I was hoping the 'groggy' mornings would have passed by now but I'm beginning to wonder, is that just what sober people feel like in the morning? Perhaps this is just 'normal'. We all hate mornings!
A London good afternoon to you High Spirit; a very hot shower and a mug or two of hot coffee was my go-to for the morning grogs; it took some time but it did get better. An all-day "foggy brain" plagued me for the longest time and I had to really concentrate on everything, especially driving.

Congratulations on Day Nine. Tres fine.
Old 02-24-2014, 07:55 AM
  # 236 (permalink)  

Welcome Randummy and Want2Recover.
Old 02-24-2014, 08:19 AM
  # 237 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by newme2day View Post
Good Monday morning everyone!! I haven't posted in awhile but am doing well on day 20. I have been reading through some of the weekend posts. I can very much relate to the ones who slipped this weekend. I think we all can. The important thing is you are right back on the sobriety train. We can do this.
Way to go newme2day; very nice job.
Old 02-24-2014, 08:21 AM
  # 238 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Randummy View Post
Thanks for your support. So far Ive been getting up and out of bed as soon as I get restless. Then just continuing my knitting or sewing till I get really tired. It seems to be working but I'm a very clumsy person so trying not to wake up my partner is the most difficult, ha!
I'm trying to teach myself knitting so I have something to do when my mind gets going. Last night I threw my ball of yarn across the room in frustration, my partner said "you know, knitting is supposed to be relaxing". I told him to shove it. But I will persevere!
Old 02-24-2014, 08:23 AM
  # 239 (permalink)  

Day 8. Honestly surprised I hit a week, been years since this has happened (:
Old 02-24-2014, 08:26 AM
  # 240 (permalink)  

why do you feel you need courage to make an appt Lonely Shadow ? I know I'm struggling with the idea of admitting to a physician that I have a problem. I keep replaying ideas of how I think the conversion is going to go. Every time I think about it I get numb with anxiety. Good luck to you! My plan was to call today. We shall see...