Notices

One Year and Over Club Part 15

Old 02-17-2014, 09:07 PM
  # 61 (permalink)  

Just had a very intense day landscaping! I levelled out an 8x24 ft area for a vegetable garden and created and planted a new bed with a flagstone border. Had lots of energy and it was a good day. So tired now and looking forward to a day off tomorrow!
Venus I'm saving up to move to Germany for one year, I leave in June.
Good for you for getting out in the garden in the rain Grace! I was so happy today because I had perfect weather-sunny and the soil was soft for digging.
Old 02-17-2014, 09:11 PM
  # 62 (permalink)  

Thank you for explaining IP
What an interesting change that will be...and you will be able to tell us what life is like In Germany. Unless you will be too busy working to enjoy it? I hope not.

And you all make me feel very lazy ~ what a huge day. The whole bed and the border?
Awesome. What did you plant?

Off to do some gardening now....

V xx
Old 02-17-2014, 11:22 PM
  # 63 (permalink)  

Well Hi!

Thought it was about time I popped in to say hi and catch up on all of your news and catch you up on mine.

Wow....it is lovely to see this thread has picked back up and is really busy, such a great support to everyone I am sure. And you have all been really very busy.

Grace sorry to hear you have had some flooding, the weather over there has been horrid!

IP...how exciting to be heading off to Europe for a year! Go get em!

Rusty....too much playing music? Never!

Dee...hey

Itchy...I saw you sneak in! Hiiiiiii

Well, I had my first day at university today....so I am officially a fulltime student. Holy cow! Felt a little old this morning, being 43, but it was pleasant to find I was far from the oldest student in class! So only 3 short years and I'll be a qualified social worker. All things going as they should!

Weeman started back to school....can you believe he is 7! He was a tiny little 3 yr old when I first came to SR. Maybe I need to change the Weeman name now? Haha. He has grown soo much and is such a great anchor for me when life is turbulent......his wisdom is soo grounded in the now that it astounds me sometimes! (I think it was Itchy who once told me I ought to write a book about my Weeman's anecdotes and wisdoms)

I have to say I have been tempted to drink a couple of times in the last couple of months...stress has been HUGE for a variety of reasons, but I just remind myself of the worst that I can be if I drink and I dismiss the temptation pretty quick smart! Funnily enough I went to a couple of NA meetings to support a client before finishing work...and it was nice to be amongst people who understood. Made me think of here and remember what support this place was for me.

Well I have conveniently fallen sick with a stinky sinus aching, scratchy throated, body aching cold.... just in time for starting uni! So on that note......I am going to try to sleep in this 26C, 85% humidity evening.

Take good care all of you, see you soon!
Old 02-17-2014, 11:29 PM
  # 64 (permalink)  
Administrator

Best of luck at Uni Manz - I'm sure you'll do great - and hope you feel better soon.
Good on you for resisting those ridiculous urges too

D
Old 02-18-2014, 03:28 AM
  # 65 (permalink)  

manz, hope your on the upswing soon

i'm just getting over the bugger

been 3-4 weeks for most that had it

and your correct, never too much, it's still always more! lol
Old 02-18-2014, 04:12 AM
  # 66 (permalink)  

Well, I'm not sick or ill or anything today, but I am most definitely having a bit of a rough day at work grrrrr
Old 02-18-2014, 08:03 AM
  # 67 (permalink)  

Tell us about it F-G!
Venus I planted some camelias, an arbutus (strawberry bush), abelias, stipas, some rudbeckia, nandina (heavenly bamboo), mahonia, a bunch of other stuff. I work for a garden designer, so it was his plan, but I love planting so it was a fun project. I used to have my own gardening business but I quit it before I went back to school and now I don't have a truck anymore--because I sold it to go to school! I'm thinking about buying a cheap truck again and doing my own thing before I go to Germany but it's kind of a risk. This way I know money will be coming in regularly.
Hi Manz, lucky you at uni! I'm so jealous! Enjoy it.
Old 02-18-2014, 09:40 AM
  # 68 (permalink)  

InParticular - you know, I can't really remember exactly why it was rough going - I seem to have erased it from my mind through the use of chocolate chip cookies - lol!

I'm just glad that my day is nearly over now - it is officially 'evening' in 20 mins time!

One big plus, though, was when I switched my laptop on it told me that I have NOT smoked 7,000 cigarettes!!! (since I gave up last year). Go me
Old 02-19-2014, 02:03 AM
  # 69 (permalink)  

All the gardening talk had me confused for a moment! It's cold cold cold here. Happy you guys are getting some sun - Sounds awesome.

Night Night - Sweet Dreams Everyone
Old 02-20-2014, 05:54 PM
  # 70 (permalink)  

whats going on here

an intermission?

where's the dancing hot dogs!
Old 02-20-2014, 05:57 PM
  # 71 (permalink)  
LDT

Hi and goodnight everyone.....it's been an exhausting week and it's only Thursday.... There's a thunderstorm as I type, so I Think I'll take advantage of the storm and read in bed....one of my favorite things.

Hope everyone is well. Sleep tight!
Old 02-21-2014, 07:08 AM
  # 72 (permalink)  

I've been busy---I interviewed a woman yesterday who has been living with chronic pain due to an autoimmune disorder that she got 20 years ago and wasn't diagnosed with until 2012. Really puts things in perspective--me whining about my sprained ankle. She maintains a personal training business between bouts of uncontrollable pain! I will endeavour to not be so spoiled in the future.
Germany is getting closer!!! I'm thinking about what I'm going to do with my one day stopover in Iceland. I will be happy to just BE there, I don't even need to do anything touristy, although to go to that hot lake is a bucket list item. So I might need to do that. But if I do then I might not want to leave.
Hey FG--congratulations on quitting smoking! That is no small feat, believe me I know.
Old 02-21-2014, 10:30 AM
  # 73 (permalink)  
FBL
non-drinker

Originally Posted by Rusty Zipper View Post
whats going on here

an intermission?

where's the dancing hot dogs!
Sorry Rusty, no hot dogs, but will this do???

Have a great weekend, gang!
Old 02-21-2014, 02:06 PM
  # 74 (permalink)  

InParticular - thanks for the congrats but it was really easier than any time I have tried before...mainly had the right mindset on!! Goodness, 22 years of smoking a pack a day though!!! Thank-you
Old 02-21-2014, 02:57 PM
  # 75 (permalink)  

OMG FBL--Winnie Cooper!!!! You just brought back all kinds of memories. I thought she was so pretty!
Old 02-21-2014, 04:36 PM
  # 76 (permalink)  
instant

Another sober saturday morning to be grateful for. Waiting for a patch of blue dky before i get out on my bike.
Old 02-21-2014, 06:22 PM
  # 77 (permalink)  

thats great fbl!
Old 02-22-2014, 07:09 AM
  # 78 (permalink)  

A busy weekend at the restaurant and then I'm going home for a visit! Going to stay at my grandparent's house which I haven't done in I bet ten years. It's going to be lovely.
Old 02-23-2014, 05:06 AM
  # 79 (permalink)  

InParticular - that sounds lovely
Old 02-23-2014, 05:25 AM
  # 80 (permalink)  
LDT

Good Morning Overs,

I'm on our sailboat as I type....thank God we have Internet. It's so foggy this morning.....very surreal this predawn , as I walked the dog around the pier. We're about to sell this boat, which I think I'm a little sad about. H says it's time to move on to our next "project".... There apparently is kayaking and fly fishing in my future.....alrighty then. I'm in.

Feeling-good...congrats on quitting smoking. I've heard that's sometimes as hard or harder than quitting drinking.....did you find that to be the case?

We're off to the fish markets this morning. Have an awesome day, friends