Notices

One Year and Over Club Part 15

Old 02-14-2014, 03:49 PM
  # 41 (permalink)  

Good morning all...

Shockozulu ~ It's pretty special that you (and your gorgeous dog) get to do this for your friend.

Normal life sounds like heaven to me these days. To think that for so many years I thought that living without drugs and alcohol was a waste of time. Hmmm.

All the very best to your friend for a speedy recovery.

Love V xx
Old 02-14-2014, 04:17 PM
  # 42 (permalink)  
instant

Amazingly i have replaced the chain and sprocket set on my bike. I feel like i am starting to address my handyman/ dad issues.

I must add the gears don't seem quite right now, however progress is progress
Old 02-15-2014, 03:57 AM
  # 43 (permalink)  

love the little pooch shock

and way to go on the shadetree mechanic bit inst
Old 02-15-2014, 04:03 AM
  # 44 (permalink)  
FBL
non-drinker

Have great weekend, gang!
Old 02-15-2014, 11:40 AM
  # 45 (permalink)  

Hope everyone enjoyed a loved VDay!
Old 02-15-2014, 02:39 PM
  # 46 (permalink)  
LDT

Hey Guys,

Quick check in here. I just finished playing a really long audition for a show I'm doing next month and I'm bushed. Sorry if I'm repeating myself, but the show is 'Jesus Christ Superstar'. Our cast is amazing. I'm so excited to be a part of this production again.

The sun finally came out and people were actually smiling today. Downtown was teaming with people in the Saturday Farmer's Market, and window shopping the little shops, playing music in the cafés... I met an old friend for morning coffee before auditions. I was told her how I quit drinking. She could not wrap her brain around that information. She said she "loves" alcohol. Obviously our friendship will have it's limitations.

Hope everyone is having a great weekend.
Old 02-15-2014, 02:50 PM
  # 47 (permalink)  
Psalm 118:24

LTD

Do you do anything for the Mardi Gra
Old 02-15-2014, 02:54 PM
  # 48 (permalink)  

Really wish we could hear you play LDT.

V xx
Old 02-15-2014, 03:31 PM
  # 49 (permalink)  
LDT

Captain....yes I am playing in the orchestra for the presentation of the oldest Krewe here in my town. We also attended a ball last month as guests. Other than that, we don't really go nuts with the festivities. We've done the wild Mardi Gras in New Orleans, and the "Country Mardi Gras" in Mamou.....These days we lay low.

V....Who knows....maybe one day I'll post a video of me and my partner playing something.
Old 02-15-2014, 03:53 PM
  # 50 (permalink)  

Good evening Overs from me in a still very wild and windy and wet N.W U.K

Feelingood, I'd be quite happy with meh weather, it's very odd because the weather in Scotland is usually much worse than we get her in the North West of Cheshire, or so I'm told. The wind here has been horrendous and very scary. it even snapped two concrete fence posts in my garden! As for the rain, well we've had the heaviest rainfall ever and my garden currently resembles a mud bath.

I could cope with your weather Dee, lets do swapsies.

Good to see you popping in F.B.L. I hope all is good with you.

Good work shovelling Rusty. Keep at it, no slacking.

Aww gorgeous Kitty, Venus. I love being warm V, but your weather sounds very uncomfortable.

How did the footie go LSC1? I hope your daughter's team did well.

Hi I.P. I need to be warm but there's never a happy medium, some of us are baking and some of us are freezing and some of us are freezing and soggy.

Instant, the full moon is beautiful tonight, even though the weather is atrocious. Hope you got your bike sorted.

Wow Midnight, 16 months is awesome. Many congratulations to you. xxx

Shocko I love watching ice skating/dancing. I love it with a passion. Unfortunately its not something that I've ever had the opportunity to do but I really enjoyed reading your post and it made me quite envious. Testing ice dancing, wow, if only I could.
It's good that you are going to be able to support your friend, she's had a rough time of it by the sound of things. She's lucky to have you in her life.
I love Zero, absolutely adorable. Sounds like you're doing really well. xxxx

Hope you enjoyed Valentines day too. S.E.

LDT, you need some rest after that audition, how I wish I could watch it.
Sounds like you had a lovely day with the farmer's market etc. Your friend, well I have several friends just like that, have to just keep them at arms length I'm afraid, the thing is that my friends can stop after a couple of glasses of wine, whereas me, well I can't stop after a couple of bottles!

Captain, LDT does some fantastic musical work.

Anyways, it's late and I'm off to bed.

Love to you all

Grace xxx
Old 02-15-2014, 03:56 PM
  # 51 (permalink)  

Sweet dreams
Old 02-16-2014, 03:18 AM
  # 52 (permalink)  

Shock--um, your dog is seriously cute. And good luck with your friend.
Instant-- Alright handy-dad!
LDT-sounds nice! What is the town that you are speaking of, if I may ask?
I have worked more in the last two days than I have in ages- a big landscaping job on Friday, and I got a job in a funky little restaurant in my neighbourhood, started there yesterday on the brunch shift, worked seven hours without stopping to think or pee. Same again today, plus I'm videoing my dad's wife's seminars that she is giving all weekend at a wellness trade show, so schlepping it downtown to the convention centre afterwards with a ton of audio video equipment. It's been fun but I'm so tired. And another big landscaping day tomorrow. Sigh! I am happy to be working because it's all money towards my TRIP.
Sadly my writing is on the back burner, which really sucks. But not much I can do about it.
It is raining here, a lot. We've had amazing weather for months, the other shoe had to drop eventually.
It's three am and I can't sleep. I've been making a habit of getting up in the middle of the night, it seems to be when I do a lot of my thinking.
Old 02-16-2014, 03:33 AM
  # 53 (permalink)  

IP ~ I'd love to hear about your trip....as a newbie here....what do you have planned?

And congrats on the job....busy busy and happy. Sounds so nice.

Love V xx
Old 02-16-2014, 06:03 AM
  # 54 (permalink)  

yep, no slack'n gracy

i'm an action kind a guy!
Old 02-16-2014, 02:00 PM
  # 55 (permalink)  

Grace - I am very thankful for the relatively 'boring' winter we've been having here this year. The rest of the UK seems to have had a really hard time of it, though! I am just sooo glad I haven't been snowed in several times, fallen on ice, crashed any cars due to ice, had my washing machine pipes freeze, run out of heating oil, etc etc etc (all things that have happened in previous winters). I pray that the next few weeks turn better for everyone suffering because of poor weather conditions
Old 02-16-2014, 10:43 PM
  # 56 (permalink)  

Good morning Overs and a happy Monday to you all.

I.P, it's a good kind of tired when you've been working hard on something you've enjoyed doing. 7 hours without a pee? Gosh, you must have a strong bladder, I would have bursted, lol. I hope you got some rest and recharged your batteries for todays big job. I get up lots in the night too when I have things on my mind and it really does become a habit.

Good morning Venus, how are you my lovely?

I kinda guessed you are a man of action Rusty, lol.

F.G, I'm really glad this winter has been kind to you. We've been a lot luckier than some where I am too, we've had no snow this year either but the storms last week created some havoc.

After the stormy weather, yesterday was a beautiful, sunny day, very mild and bright. My errant son replaced the fence posts and panels over the weekend, so that's all sorted. He kind of redeemed himself by doing some work for me, then blew it by going awol for 24 hours, but that's another story. Anyway, because of all the rain we've had the garden resembles a mud bath, the borders are all trampled on from where the fence has been replaced and everywhere is filthy. Lots of work still to do, but hopefully if today is as nice as yesterday I can get out there and make a start. It's 6.30 a.m here and still dark yet, so I'm not sure what the weather is up to yet, though when I let the cat our earlier it was raining.

Have a good day all of you

Stay safe and sober

Grace xxx

Just for Today: I will take this day just as it is.
Old 02-17-2014, 02:09 PM
  # 57 (permalink)  

Quick Hi Overs,

It's been very quiet here today. I'm hoping you're all good and well.

Well today, it rained and rained and then rained some more. Myself and little O put our wellies and big coats on and braved it for a while this afternoon and did some cleaning up in the garden. We looked like a pair of tramps by the time we'd finished, wet too and very muddy.

Off to bed now.

Sleep well all of you.

Grace xxxx
Old 02-17-2014, 02:14 PM
  # 58 (permalink)  

Difference In time always confuses me on here
Old 02-17-2014, 03:35 PM
  # 59 (permalink)  

Hey, Captain ... when I read your name I always read it as 'Captainising' - lol! Only today did I realise that it was Captain Zing - what a silly I am!

Off to bed myself - it's 11.35pm here now - past my bedtime!!
Old 02-17-2014, 06:02 PM
  # 60 (permalink)  

been decompressing from a full weeking of playing in the bands

i think i can say i have landed now